Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is tha      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EC22
Msg: 301
Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?Page 13 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
Absloutely not. It is easier to reach me on my cell phone because I'm not home that often. Some people might not have home phones. The only reason I have a home phone because it is necessary for my home alarm system.
 RidingRich
Msg: 302
Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?
Posted: 10/5/2007 11:58:18 AM
I basically just don't use my home phone. its just there for DSL and emergencies. Actually, I don't even think I have a phone hooked up to it right now. Cell is cheaper to use anyway.
 K_Dub1
Msg: 303
Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?
Posted: 10/5/2007 12:41:03 PM
I am not a guy, but I give out my cell number (instead of my home number) cuz they have a better chance of getting a hold of me on the fly. Sometimes, I'll give my home number if I'm not too too anxious to hear from him...he can wait till Im home and good and ready to chat haha
 newlysingle64
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2007 3:57:46 PM
Well in my case, I don't even have a land line anymore. Internet service is broadband thru cable co. Don't see the point in a land line anymore.
 footballatrider
Msg: 305
Posted: 10/5/2007 6:30:39 PM
Personally, I DO NOT ANSWER my HOME PHONE. But always have my cell on me
 First Impressions
Msg: 306
Posted: 10/5/2007 6:37:42 PM
i do do that too. not because i am taken, but because i don't want them to be able to find out my personal information. for example my address. all that is traceable through your home phone. i don't even have my home number listed.
 Luv Karla
Msg: 307
Posted: 10/5/2007 6:38:59 PM
From my experience, a man usually does this when he is married or attached.
 quirkyflirt
Msg: 308
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2007 6:43:17 PM
I think for a lot of people this is simply availability. It's easier to get ahold of them.

The other thing, as a woman I'm a little wary of giving out things like my number or adress to people I haven't met in person. This can be a saftey measure too. It's the first time you've talked, he has the right to use his cell phone as a phsyco-filter, in fact I think that's a rather smart thing to do.
 jon525
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2007 6:50:25 PM
I don't have a home phone.
I have 2 cell phones, 1 for work the other mine.
I leave mine a home but if someone didnt know I lived alone they might wonder like you. Jon
 Slaughter63
Msg: 310
Posted: 10/5/2007 7:22:12 PM
Not always.

I simply don't have a land line. For me, there's no point. I work 12 days on/ 2 days off. Even if I had a land line, I usually wouldn't be there to use it.

I have Internet service through my cable company, so no need for dial-up, or DSL.

But most importantly, my cel carrier's plan has unlimited local, and long-distance calls; unlimited text messages, and picture mail; voice mail; and is with me all the time for the flat rate of only $55(USD) per month!

Who needs a "home phone" anymore?
 extrememale2004
Msg: 311
Posted: 10/5/2007 9:32:04 PM
I know I give my cell number because that is what I use as my home phone and used that for my internet. Also just because a guy gives a women a cell phone does not mean he is taken. I know with me working 12 hour days 5 days a week it is easy for me to used my cell as my home phone.
 Reenie999
Msg: 312
Posted: 10/5/2007 9:38:30 PM
Cell phone numbers can't be looked up whereas landlines unless unlisted can be looked up to show the guy's name and address.
 H2OLB
Msg: 313
Posted: 10/5/2007 9:40:42 PM
I and many people I know only have a cell phone and no home phone. I don't see the point in having a home phone when you can get internet without a number thru the cable company and Yes even thru the phone company you can get DSL without a number. Plus who is ever at home anyway?
 ramong941
Msg: 314
Posted: 10/5/2007 9:42:49 PM
your crazy to give out your work number!
 TheReason_
Msg: 315
Posted: 10/5/2007 9:43:09 PM
I don't have a home phone. I figure why pay money for a phone line when I'm never there to answer it. My house really doesn't have anything to say. If someone wants me they can get ahold of me 24/7 on my cel. I use cable for internet as well. I didn't want to pay for a phone line just to get ADSL. I use skype for long distance and my cel for everything else.

If you want to get ahold of me, call ME. again 24/7. Not my house, I'm not paying money for it when it can't even say anything.
 Inquire_Within
Msg: 316
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2007 9:59:07 PM
OP...

Hellooooo..... If I don't give my home number out, I control when, where and if I talk with you.

I know that "some" men give cellphone numbers, no home phone, because they are involved or married.

BTW.. Some women only give out a cell # to reach them. What up wit that?
 anyoneoutthier
Msg: 317
Posted: 10/5/2007 10:07:48 PM
i give my home number out i dont even know my cell number. I dont give my cell out for that reason allso i dont here it that often so i miss alot of calls like when my childeren call me.
 boobyman
Msg: 318
Posted: 10/5/2007 10:14:06 PM
Well,my number is given out(my cell that is) to people i wanna do stuff with..My buddies and a woman i maybe interested in....Atleast that way i dont miss the call..I live with a buddy of mine and i will not always get my msg,hell half the time he dont even answer it...Plus,if im haveing an intaimate conversation i can wals away from prying ears.....I also have my phone's blue tooth mic and head set in my motorcycle helmet...I can be contacted any time for anything...wink wink..

Although my family has both my home and cell,i usually call them from home..Its cheaper than long distance on my cell..

SO!!!!!!!...which one of you sexy ladies wants it,and my # too . ..OK OK OK dont all for it at the same time..
 travel junky
Msg: 319
Posted: 10/5/2007 10:29:15 PM
I rarely give out my home number. Only when I feel comfortable that I don't have a stalker on my hands will I give out that info. Plus, it's always easier to find me on my cellular anyways.
 Mouseyou
Msg: 320
Posted: 10/5/2007 10:38:46 PM
HI girl,
I've been in the telephone business for about 22 years. When I get home OR at work, I hate answering phone calls. I give out my cell # because it's more convenient. I'll answer it. I only use my home phone to make long calls as I use Vonage and get free long distance. If you want my home number, shoot me a line, but once again, I'm never home except to sleep.
You have a valid point though, watch out fer the wierdoes
Take care of yourself & be cautious. ( like these little smileeees)

C ya soon,

Phil
 Pisces619
Msg: 321
Posted: 10/5/2007 11:24:14 PM
Had to change my home # so many times because of all the #*%!!^ psychos I've met it's not funny. I'm also cautious about giving out my cell... so there
 luvstejano
Msg: 322
Posted: 10/6/2007 9:58:42 AM
I agree with some posters, It's easier to reach me on my cell. I have a landline only for internet. I was thinking of getting rid of it and get wireless or cable for the internet, however I saw a documentary on NYC during 911 and officails said cells didnt work, only landlines did. So for safety reasons, I'll leave it on. And to those of us that have landlines, dont you agree, all we get is sales calls, gggrrrr, lol
Ladies, do not give your work numbers, if you get a whacko, he'll be able to reach you.
If nothing else they would be a pest.
 firstlight
Msg: 323
Posted: 10/6/2007 10:08:47 AM
I too only use my cell. My land line the ringer is even turned off. I don't have caller ID, call waiting or voice mail on my land line. If you want to get a hold of me call my cell...leave me a message, I'll call you back!
 sorcja6
Msg: 324
Posted: 10/18/2007 6:27:37 PM
It comes to this, I only give my cell simply because until I get to know someone, I don't want them having my home number, could be the same thing
 barbie1111
Msg: 325
Posted: 10/18/2007 6:34:27 PM
aaahhh sweetie omg i have had 4 woman call me because the men i was talking to were married but dont ever give up they have to be up front but i was so fooled and kept my cool when theryre wives called me its them not us
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?