Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is tha      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Talitha001
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?Page 2 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
Lots of people don`t have land lines just cell phones....Me...just a land line no cell phone....No way in hell are people going to be able to reach me when I`m out having fun!!!!! I have voice mail and call display on my land line...Enough for me!!!
 bigblondegirl
Msg: 27
Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?
Posted: 8/29/2005 5:35:01 PM
I don't have a home phone number - I am rarely in the same city for longer than a week so it would make no sense. everybody's got their reasons. don't jump to suspicious conclusions right away.
 nembatha
Msg: 28
Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?
Posted: 8/29/2005 5:37:45 PM
:) i give out my 800 number and call foward to my cell if out and about
 cassandria
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/29/2005 6:29:29 PM
Yah well why is it that I only get home phone numbers, then when it is over I find out that they have cell phones?????????
 NefariusX
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/29/2005 6:32:09 PM
I don't know about you but whats the point of having a "Home " Phone??....its just another Bill as far as I'm concerned. I'm on the move more than at home so your chances would be better for me to answer....thats just my preference though.
 airplane_geek
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/29/2005 6:36:00 PM
I think a land line phone is still significantly more reliable than a cell phone- I've been too many places where there was no service.

I give out a cell phone number just because it's more private, yet more accessable (like when you meet to go to the movies and one of you is running late) and you can shut the damn thing off to ignore someone if you so choose.
 biziedizie
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/29/2005 6:46:44 PM
Home lines, office lines get forwarded to my cell when I'm out. I give out my cell so she feels like she can get hold of me at anytime. If she wants the land line numbers she can walk to the back of my truck as they are plastered there.
 Blastanova
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/29/2005 6:56:38 PM
It's the only way anyone can talk to me. I have no use for a land line. If the girl is all paranoid about me being single or not when it clearly says that i'm single on my profile then it would show me a trust issue. I know this is the internet and some people just can't help themselves form lieing but if you have any smarts then you should be able to tell pretty darn quick if there honest or not. I don't want to end up with a girl who is all paranoid. I'd like her to be solid on her feet. Not all wishy washy...lol...
p.s. I'm sure the tables could be turned around in this conversation...meaning it probably goes both way...girls giving out cell numbers instead of home numbers...lol.
IT'S A PEOPLE THING NOT A GENDER THING.
PEACE OUT
 Mrslucci
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/29/2005 7:01:44 PM
I'd rather have a cell #,it gives me instant connection to my man's affection
 niceprmale4u
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/29/2005 7:02:42 PM
I hate cell phones I just give my home number out and be done with it. if I'm not home then leave a message ::beep::
 salamander000
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2005 7:03:15 PM
WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMETHUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING I SMESSSSSSSSSSSSSSED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 crystalise
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/29/2005 7:49:57 PM
Initially ?? - No it doesnt. Who is at home 24hrs a day / 7 days a week??? It means it makes it easier for you to get them when they are out and about. Once you are in an established dating routine or r/ship then yes...I would be very worried if you dont have a home phone no [ if he has one] But by then you should have visited his home anyway [ one would hope]
 salamander000
Msg: 38
view profile
History
 Garf
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/29/2005 8:02:56 PM
Sal...take off your caps.

What's wrong with guys giving out cell numbers? Isn't it just easier to get hold of them that way? What if they don't have a home phone because they spend so much coin on cell phone bills?
I think this has been read into too much.
 moondreamer1977
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/29/2005 8:11:09 PM
I don't think it's a problem as long as they actually give you the number, it's when it's always blocked and shows up as "unknown" or "withheld" that you've got problems. Especially when they refuse to give you the number. Then you've got signs of a BIG problem..ie..wife.
 Garf
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/29/2005 8:16:50 PM
Or when the guy asks you not to call between the hours of such and such, because his "roommate" is home, and is scared of telephone ringing noises...it's a phobia, you know...Phonophobia. Google it if you don't believe me.

Anyway, he probably has a roommate with a matching ring...
 fashionable33
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/29/2005 8:17:37 PM
We like to give you the cell # so that when we're having sexola with another woman, we can turn it off.
 çòúntrÿLÏn
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/29/2005 8:28:03 PM
I don't have a landline... so cell phone it is :) just easier with my business as well.. why have a landline when everyone calls on the cell lol
 salamander000
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2005 8:30:03 PM
GIVE ME THE CELL, tHINK i cARE???
i KNPW SHATS GOIN ON....BEFORE U DO, DADO DAO DOA DAOSD AAOOD AODA DA AO
 salamander000
Msg: 45
view profile
History
 PepperStar
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/29/2005 8:37:56 PM
I give out my cell number because the guy has a better chance of getting hold of me that way, I am away from home so much. Another thing, a lot of people have dial up internet, but with a cell phone they will still get the call. If you've had a few dates and are concerned, just ask him for his home number.
 salamander000
Msg: 47
view profile
History
 Nithog
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/29/2005 8:42:49 PM
I have a home phone number, but I only give it out to people I know.
Once I feel comfortable with the person then I'll give it out.
Otherwise it's my cell and email only.
When you give out your home phone number, you're also giving much more information. Like your address, from which they can then get you’re full name, from which they can then get more information…..and on ….and on.
So only for people I trust.
 Garf
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/29/2005 8:46:07 PM

WHERE IS POST 156?
On a different thread...you're in the wrong forum, Sal.

Nithog, if you're comfortable enough to give a woman your number, why not give her your home number? Are you hiding something, or is it an escape route in case something goes horribly wrong? Do you have a reason to have an escape route? Has this happened before? Do women call you 24/7 for some reason? Do you have trust issues?
 sleepless_in_Newmarket
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/29/2005 8:54:57 PM
Good point nithog,

I like to have fun. One woman months ago gave me her home number by accident. My call display showed it. So I plugged that into 411.ca, did a reverse look up, I found her name and her address. With her full name I did an internet search and found out where she worked, what she did, even found out her nickname in the industry.

I did this all for fun. I told her about it when we met and she was not offended. She was kind of flattered in a way. She thought it was hilarous that I knew her nickname.

The point being that if the home number is registered with Bell, 411.ca in Canada will give you the name and address. So be careful. If I was a stalker, I could have gone to her house, cut her phone line, climb in the window, grab a fistful of panties from the bedroom and run out screaming Woo-Hoo! like Homer Simpson!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?