Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is tha      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Garf
Msg: 51
Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?Page 3 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
Laver, you sound like you planned this....
 sleepless_in_Newmarket
Msg: 52
Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?
Posted: 8/29/2005 9:03:27 PM
No, the panty raid was just a thought. Now, that missing farm couple in Iowa, that I planned.
 FloridaBrunette
Msg: 53
Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?
Posted: 8/29/2005 9:18:12 PM
I rarely give out my number, but when I do, always the cell....
 Firebirdz
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/29/2005 10:06:16 PM
The reason is on the internet you can do a reverse search, which means you key in the telephone number and it gives you the full address of the person.

Cell will be the safest route to go, after you meet and all comfortable he/she should be comfortable to give you there telephone number.

Remember fatal attraction...works both ways.
 Music Sweet Music
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/29/2005 10:40:46 PM
Yeah HP. I moved back to Ontario. I was doing Freelance work, I needed to be on Call 24/7 to get work. I had no need for a "Land Line" and strickly went with a cell.
 _Chemistry_
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2005 10:45:04 PM
I only give out the cell number because if the person turns psycho it is much easier to change that number and/or block them than my regular telephone. Plus a land line is traceable to a home address. Kind of scary.
 Teabone
Msg: 57
 jiszam
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/29/2005 11:51:41 PM
I only have a cell.Don't need two(home/cell).Hardly need one except that I surf on it too.
 JessKO
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2005 12:53:37 AM
I only have a cell myself.

I'd be worried more if you had been seeing the guy for awhile and he never introduced you to friends or took you to his place.
 selticar
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/30/2005 5:51:35 AM
I used to have a land line...but after coming home to messages like some chick called and i forget her name or your boss called yesterday and said you didnt have to go to work this morning...after supper. I just gave up and got a cell phone...no answering machines..no missed calls...much more convenient..a lil more costly but convenient..and no im not married..
 HOTPINKANGEL
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2005 6:26:17 AM
I can't resist this one....an 800 number ....woooooooooo--hoooooooooooo free to call even better than cell phone number...
 HOTPINKANGEL
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2005 6:38:03 AM
I am NOT paranoid ....I was curious as to the answer.....being up in age.( well sort of)..I did not know the protocall of the ways of the modern man..lol...
 smoochiegal
Msg: 63
Posted: 8/30/2005 7:17:52 AM
Erm well I don't think my home number would be the first number I gave out first it would be my mobile see if u get on, meet, date or why not invest in a headset and chat on the pc via webcam. I like a guy I'm interested in to show they are serious like work for my home number :)
 Nithog
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/30/2005 5:06:42 PM
Yes GARF I do have something to hide "my home phone number".
Besides the only way to get a hold of me anyways is my cell, so only friends and family need to have my home number.
 Gotapulse
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/30/2005 5:13:06 PM
Not only is he probably married, it's most likely that he is homeless (therefore no landline), the cell is stolen, he's done time for murder, and he puts his underwear on after his pants.
Well, it just stands to reason after all.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2005 5:22:41 PM
I don't have a home phone, just a cell.

Why pay for two lines when I have a phone with me 24/7/365 ?

For the same cost as a land line, I have unlimited nights and weekends. I also have 25 voicemail boxes, and caller id.( I am a great negotiator, and told my provider I was shopping around when my countract was coming up - which I was.)

Plus...no telemarketers.
 SnagDAD
Msg: 67
Posted: 11/29/2005 5:06:41 PM
Heheheheh I make a great home made pizza Coastergirl

No home phone though hun, waste of money when I have a mobile phone and stacks of credit plus cable internet.

Cheers
Lee
 bds4711
Msg: 68
Posted: 11/29/2005 5:15:02 PM
As pretty much everyone has said, I haven't had a phone line in 6 years.
 macromorgan
Msg: 69
Posted: 11/29/2005 5:23:47 PM
I only give out my cell phone number because I only have a cell phone. I imagine I could give away my email or AIM screenname, but that's just a little on the nerdy side...
 wingsandheart
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/29/2005 10:41:57 PM
I have a home phone line, but between online school work and being on for other reasons, I give out my cell#. That way, if somebody wants to get a hold of me, they can without any interuptions. I look at it as a invitation to call me anytime you want!
 mackieg123
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2005 10:46:08 PM
Cell phone only here. The only reason I have considered a land line is for my sattelite... It's cheaper just to pay the extra $10 / month they charge for not having it hooked to a line instead of paying $30+ for a land line.
 Tash123
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/29/2005 11:27:59 PM
You guys actually give out your numbers? WOW that is nutz, I would call a guy but I would block my number always or until I know he is not a cheater.

But HEY I honestly think that men usually give out a cell is so their wives, girlfriends, and fiances never find out about you. Be careful! I am finding out more and more that most men on here have someone in their lives and they are looking for something on the side. And these are not the guys that admit that they are in a relationships, they are the ones that are looking for that "date" or "longterm" thing. So be careful and good luck.
 Steve_N
Msg: 73
Posted: 11/30/2005 1:48:34 AM
Quite simple for me. I'm a Dad & i have my children over 2-3 times a week.

If I want a woman to be introduced to them it going to be by arrangement & on my terms. It's not going to be by accident when she calls my home number.

So cellphone every time - at first.
 BlackbirdXIII
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/30/2005 2:10:51 AM
My cellphone is all I have. My roommates and I dumped the land line for all purposes except DSL because we never used it. As for work numbers, I've had occasion to date someone who called the station's listener line... She saw my pic on the station website and wanted to go out... Too bad she turned out a little psycho...
 thraxinator
Msg: 75
Posted: 11/30/2005 2:46:14 AM
I only have a cell phone, I don't own a "land line" so I give out my cell # because that's all I have...the real question is not whether or not you get a cell #...the real question is if he/she has a problem with you calling at nite (or doesn't answer and gives some lame response) :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?