Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is tha      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jim33903
Msg: 76
Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?Page 4 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
I see someone else already mentioned the fact that many people are doing away with land line telephones and are relying on a cell phone exclusively. I happen to be one of those guys.

But I sure can see where a woman might wonder if there is a Mrs. at home on a land line. Some guys will do and say anything to get to meet a woman on the side. NOT THIS GUY!
 molonel
Msg: 77
Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?
Posted: 1/6/2006 2:51:46 PM
I haven't had a land line in over two years, and I rarely used the land line I did have before that for two or three years. I access my internet through a cable modem.

No, that's doesn't mean he's married. Unless there are other clues - he never wants to talk in the evenings, for example, or never wants you to see his house - I think a woman is being a bit paranoid.

Lots of people, both men and women, only have cell phones, now. It's not that uncommon.
 smilescolorado
Msg: 78
Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?
Posted: 1/6/2006 3:04:06 PM
Hotpinkangel- love your name:

I would not read anything into that,maybe they are never home, working all the time,
and they only have a cell phone.Most people have their cell phone with them at all times.
I never give out my home phone number, for that very same reason,only time my home phone rings is for my teenagers.
I think my kids should pay the phone bill. lol

It is to easy for a cellphone user to get caught cheating; phone logs are on all cell phones, they are very assessable.
Little FYI if you are cheating on your partner in life.
 seventiesbaby2
Msg: 79
Posted: 1/6/2006 3:36:25 PM
Most guys who talk to me on here give me there phone number I assume they are cell numbers. I am curious as to what you think of men who give you no phone number or only call you from payphones when they call you. Yet they claim to be divorced or totally single.Most of the guys I have talked to on here give me there number the ones that or wont I sometimes wonder why. Any ideas.??
 smilescolorado
Msg: 80
Posted: 1/6/2006 3:43:19 PM
shygirl516- Big red truck! They are players,married,girlfriend, and have too many contacts from pof,they have a little black book or date card.
 singlefloridamom
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/6/2006 7:45:19 PM
A lot of people don't even have "home" phones anymore
I havent had a home phone in almost a year now
Just my cell.
Why pay for a home phone that costs you almost $30 or more a month when you are already paying so much for a darn cell phone and thats what you use most anyway
I dont need the phone for internet anymore so its gone
 Keljo
Msg: 82
Posted: 1/6/2006 11:33:32 PM
I work for the phone company today and many people have given up their land lines in favor of cell phones.

Besides, people can look up your landline and FIND A MAP TO YOUR HOUSE.....

*duh*

I give out my cell phone number simply because I have it with me all the time, where as my home phone is always at home!
 Wildcard74
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/6/2006 11:41:35 PM
I give my cell phone number instead of home number. Once we get into something more serious, I'll hand out my home number. But until then, it is the cell phone. It is much more convenient and I will be less likely to miss your call when I am out and about.
 arri
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/7/2006 12:23:48 PM
Once its time to exchange phone numbers .. both parties should exchange both phone numbers.

Nice way of showing a little trust.
 Riggity
Msg: 85
Posted: 1/7/2006 7:10:53 PM
NO...... Not at all. I don't even have a land line! Only my cell phone. Give me call sometime okay? 416-967-1111 - it's a cell.
 Riggity
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/7/2006 9:34:20 PM
Arri,

Forget it.. Ain't happening. You have to get her number, and do all the calling yourself. Get use to it.
 get_over_it
Msg: 87
Posted: 1/8/2006 5:09:51 AM
simple answer, because they carry the cell phone with them and will be able to immediately receive your call.

Don't just assume it because he's got a S.O. Its "possible" but not a sure thing.

Some people don't just sit at home waiting for the phone to ring and would miss alot of calls if they didn't have their cells.
 smilescolorado
Msg: 88
Posted: 1/8/2006 10:02:44 AM
piere39 -still waiting for your email to give you my number
 arri
Msg: 89
Posted: 1/8/2006 10:06:58 AM

Arri

Forget it.. Ain't happening. You have to get her number, and do all the calling yourself. Get use to it.

I don't chase paranoid chicks .... that would be her loss.

And I have been fooled dating supposedly separated women who still live with their exes for the sake of the children No home phone number .. no nothing. NEXT
 ShockNRockN
Msg: 90
Posted: 1/8/2006 10:36:31 AM
I don't think so but it could be a possiblity but most of the time people just use cell phones because they are easier to get a hold of when they aren't at home. I thought of when I get my own appartment someday that I was just gonna use my cell as a house phone so I can only pay for a cell phone bill instead of too many bills.
 arri
Msg: 91
Posted: 1/8/2006 11:01:55 AM
^^^ he might also be a great guy ... who is going to think of you as someone with paranoid tendencies .. and say to himself ... fuk it .. there are plenty of fish out there ...
 arri
Msg: 92
Posted: 1/8/2006 12:10:08 PM
Obviously ... some of us are not at desperate as you are

I stick to my rules ...
 smile_grl70
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2006 12:16:20 PM
i as well...only have a cell number.. and not a home phone..much easier to reach me on cell anyways...and never used home phone cuz wasnt home much...workin or sleepin..lol... so... and hmm..it IS so much nicer not to get bugged by those darn telemarketers!!
 Won of a kind
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/23/2006 8:23:36 PM
My fish gave me his home phone but he doesn't have a cell, taht I know of! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Maybe the question can also be Why doesn't he give me the cell, must be running around maybe?
 ringfire29
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/23/2006 8:27:28 PM
I prefer to give the cell number to most people since it has the voice mail.

Plus, the home phone is tied up with the internet connection frequently.
 Pianist_1971
Msg: 96
Posted: 2/24/2006 12:08:07 AM
I only have a stupid *home* line for DSL... otherwise I wouldn't have that.

It's cell only for me.

I mean, whats the point of a HOME LINE and a CELL LINE?

Just use the cell, baby! :)
 Crossfade
Msg: 97
Posted: 2/24/2006 1:50:44 AM
People still own land line phones??? I havent had one in years. Never need one and cant see paying for something I dont use. Like that gardner I hired a few years ago. I live in an apartment... finaly had to let him go.
 rpburnsusa
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/24/2006 2:35:13 AM
Yes!! because it's free, no long distance! I know it's hard for some of you ladies to imagine, but some of us DON'T want $300 dollar a month phone bills.

Bye the way, This explosion Of "stalkers" over the past **FEW** years, do you think this might have something to do with you yanking the sh** out of guys chains? There are exceptions to rules, to be sure, but, usually what's known as a "stalker" these days is some poor shmuck sucker who *thought* he was someones girlfriend. And, also, concerning this "screening of calls," why in hell do you give out your number if you don't want someone to call you???? Please spare us all of the common lame ass excuses. IF YOU ARE MARRIED,HAVE BF/GF, MENTALLY SICK AND LIKE TO PLAY GAMES WITH PEOPLE'S HEADS,JUST PLAIN STUPID,ETC., PLEASE CEASE AN DESIST FROM THE ***DATING*** WORLD!!!!!! And maybe, just maybe, you will be surprised how quick your life will become devoid of "stalkers," i.e., often simpy dissed boobs who were the butt of your sick joke.

And finally, people, elimidate, blind date, etc., THESE SHOWS ARE SCRIPTED, THEY USE ***ACTORS*** THEY ARE **NOT REAL**jUST LIKE ABOUT 99.9998% OF THE PERSONS EXPECTATIONS ON THESE SITES,HENCE ALL THE HAND RINGING AND CONSTANT BIT*****
 rings
Msg: 99
Posted: 2/24/2006 2:46:10 AM
i give my cell #,because i'm never home to answer the house phone.....
 Raven1
Msg: 100
Posted: 2/24/2006 2:50:48 AM

I only give out my cell phone number and thats it. I will give out email addresses and my cell phone and work number. But very rarely do I give out my home number.

I agree with Dinner on this one...Who knows if that person is a stalker or a criminal

I aggree too.

I actually had the problem of one girl I had met ending up stalking me.

She'd drive up and down my street. She'd show up to my house UNINVITED.
One day the doorbell rang and I thought it might have been her, so I looked out the upstairs bedroom window first. I saw no car so I figured it was a neighbour.
I open my door and to my dismay, who was it?
Yep, her!

Now until I get to know someone on a more personal level that's all they get from me. Never the home number but an alternate one.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?