Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is tha      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BigPapaG
Msg: 101
Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?Page 5 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
It has been said before but..
I gave up the land line a couple of years ago...
It used to be the feeling that if someone only gave you their cell number they were hiding something but now, with a lot of companies offering a set package it doesn't make sense to pay for both especially if you don't have anyone else at home that needs a line...

strange though, that when my cell phone company calls about this or that, they always ask for my other number (land line) to up date their records and seem almost shocked when I tell them I only use the cell.

Gone are the days when the only people who only use a cell are criminals and cheating spouses....
 Arfie McBiscuits
Msg: 102
Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?
Posted: 12/3/2005 7:16:00 PM
I don't have a home phone...all I have is a cell phone...I haven't read through this forum topic, but my guess is I'm not alone...
 dbndon
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?
Posted: 12/3/2005 10:51:42 PM
Well . . . I just moved and realized that I really have no need for two phones. Most people I know have the same company’s phone I have (or an associated company) and I can call them anytime at no charge wherever they may be in the U.S. Anyway, I just got a great cell phone package and it’s a lot cheaper than I was paying for my home phone alone. So, that’s what I use.
 Soulfyre
Msg: 104
Posted: 12/4/2005 1:33:59 AM
I cancelled my home # as I am never there. So all I have is a Cell #.
Where I am, the phone is.

Harder for me to escape that way I guess.
 cazar
Msg: 105
Posted: 12/4/2005 2:41:36 AM
some folks dont have home phones
some folks are married
some are more comfy giving out less info hence cell phone number
and some all they want is cell phone

no home phone here
just cell and satellite phone

dont want home phone either ..then office can call me to come back work early from leave

respects
 burkeclass
Msg: 106
Posted: 12/4/2005 3:41:07 AM
if she wants my #
i give all 3 of them
home, cell and work
 native__guy
Msg: 107
Posted: 12/4/2005 7:06:07 AM
personally ill give out my cell first number 1 if im intrested in her i would like to talk to her when she calls not here her voice on my machine because im not home. and i would tell her to only call my cell after 6 because thats when its free not czu i have something to hide then once im comfortable with talkiing to this girl or my phone is dieing ill igve her my house number and talk to her there and sometimes ill give her my e-mial if my phone is dead or my lan line is occuipied
 purpleturtle
Msg: 108
Posted: 12/4/2005 7:20:35 AM
I do not have a land line also I do not want to pay for two lines
 dustyspiral
Msg: 109
Posted: 12/14/2005 10:27:23 AM
Heya HotPink...

I suppose it's possible/even probable that some guys are doing this. In my case, I have broadband cable access at home and don't need a land line. It has occured to me for people to wonder about that, but it has never been an issue for me.
 Like2Laugh101
Msg: 110
Posted: 12/15/2005 9:15:36 AM
But HEY I honestly think that men usually give out a cell is so their wives, girlfriends, and fiances never find out about you. Be careful! I am finding out more and more that most men on here have someone in their lives and they are looking for something on the side. And these are not the guys that admit that they are in a relationships, they are the ones that are looking for that "date" or "longterm" thing. So be careful and good luck.

hmm your fairly new to the internet arent you? first of all when you say most men on HERE do you mean on this site or the net? because you will find alot of that anywhere you go on the net. I dont know about most but i sure know there is alot. And second of all its not men. It's just as many women doing the exact same thing
 mrbreezeet1
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/25/2005 7:19:44 AM
burkeclass said........
"if she wants my #
i give all 3 of them
home, cell and work "

Thats what I do,/have done (I don't have a cell right now)
I had been seeing a woman for a while, and she never gave me her cell phone # kind of made me a little mad.
thanks, Tony D.
 dale3
Msg: 112
Posted: 12/26/2005 1:48:58 PM
anybody want my house phone i will be more than happy to give it to you
if they call me thats just more good bait dale3
 trailertrashh
Msg: 113
Posted: 12/26/2005 2:55:19 PM
I would never give my home phone number out. I have kids at home.
 hftejada1972
Msg: 114
Posted: 12/26/2005 2:57:53 PM
reason Nbr 1 for me; It just for my alarm company, and it have a fax attach to it.

In 3 months I never use it
 terminallycute
Msg: 115
Posted: 12/26/2005 3:04:51 PM
they give you cell phone numbers because...if you are a total pain in the ass, cell phones are easier to turn off, screen calls, change numbers, etc ....
 md99
Msg: 116
Posted: 12/26/2005 3:08:57 PM
I give my cell phone number due to the biggest it is my only phone. My personal line no matter where I am at. Also If I am really interested in someone I can't miss there call. it stays with me all the time.
 Orilliaguy71
Msg: 117
Posted: 12/27/2005 4:43:54 PM
Well i give out my cell over my home phone number. First of all it's easier to reach me on my cell plus if the woman turns out to be a stalker it's easier and cheaper to change the number! Plus cell phones cannot be traced to a home address as easily as a home phone can. I share a home phone with 2 roomates and we all work different hours so someone calling at 10am or 2pm or 11pm might be inconvienent, plus the roomies hardly use the call waiting feature so a cell phone gives me complete control. There are many reasons why someone would give you a cell number.
 diggydiggy
Msg: 118
Posted: 12/27/2005 8:14:30 PM
nope, it means they don't want the stalkers doing a reverse seach and finding out where they are and "stalking" them.

misterbrad
Msg: 119
Posted: 12/30/2005 5:21:51 AM
It means they want to be able to be reached any time and anywhere.
 VirginiaG
Msg: 120
Posted: 12/30/2005 5:50:29 AM
I don't give my home # because now anybody can now where you live if your phone is listed just by going on Google and making a search.
 silentocean
Msg: 121
Posted: 12/30/2005 10:46:10 AM
I think it is more about trust than anything else think about it would you give someone you hardly know your home number? once you get to know each other better than you will get the home number? Women are the same with me hotpinkangel so no worries
 HOTPINKANGEL
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2006 12:50:34 AM
OH really we been talking for awhile....and.....we are close ya know...lol
 joesch
Msg: 123
Posted: 1/5/2006 12:53:53 AM
No not at all taken there are some people who don't even use home phones anymore,sometimes it might be a guy has a roomate and the roomate pays the landline bill so therefor you can't use it so no it doesnt mean he is taken
 indy38
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2006 1:13:20 AM
I'm coming into this one way to late to bother reading all the previous posts but my reason is simple.

It's the 21st century, the only voice phone number I've had since december 1999 is my cell phone...

I may have had access to a landline at a few places since then but it was only ever used for outgoing dialup internet access. I couldn't even begin to tell you what the number was and it wouldn't have been answered anyway.

Besides I skipped out on the last Sprint landline bill I got for $76 and I don't have any intentions of ever paying them a dime of it after 5+ years so Sprint isn't ever going to open another landline account for me...whatever, don't need them.

Just got overlooked, had a lot of stuff going on at the time and once something gets turned over to a collection agency fuggetaboutit. I only settle with the original creditors, period.
 cutter808
Msg: 125
Posted: 1/6/2006 8:16:15 AM
My reason is simple. That's all I have. Why pay for two telephone services when you can use your cell for everything.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?