Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is tha      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 arri
Msg: 101
Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?Page 5 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
Obviously ... some of us are not at desperate as you are

I stick to my rules ...
 smile_grl70
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?
Posted: 1/8/2006 12:16:20 PM
i as well...only have a cell number.. and not a home phone..much easier to reach me on cell anyways...and never used home phone cuz wasnt home much...workin or sleepin..lol... so... and hmm..it IS so much nicer not to get bugged by those darn telemarketers!!
 Won of a kind
Msg: 103
Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?
Posted: 2/23/2006 8:23:36 PM
My fish gave me his home phone but he doesn't have a cell, taht I know of! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Maybe the question can also be Why doesn't he give me the cell, must be running around maybe?
 ringfire29
Msg: 104
Posted: 2/23/2006 8:27:28 PM
I prefer to give the cell number to most people since it has the voice mail.

Plus, the home phone is tied up with the internet connection frequently.
 Pianist_1971
Msg: 105
Posted: 2/24/2006 12:08:07 AM
I only have a stupid *home* line for DSL... otherwise I wouldn't have that.

It's cell only for me.

I mean, whats the point of a HOME LINE and a CELL LINE?

Just use the cell, baby! :)
 Crossfade
Msg: 106
Posted: 2/24/2006 1:50:44 AM
People still own land line phones??? I havent had one in years. Never need one and cant see paying for something I dont use. Like that gardner I hired a few years ago. I live in an apartment... finaly had to let him go.
 rpburnsusa
Msg: 107
Posted: 2/24/2006 2:35:13 AM
Yes!! because it's free, no long distance! I know it's hard for some of you ladies to imagine, but some of us DON'T want $300 dollar a month phone bills.

Bye the way, This explosion Of "stalkers" over the past **FEW** years, do you think this might have something to do with you yanking the sh** out of guys chains? There are exceptions to rules, to be sure, but, usually what's known as a "stalker" these days is some poor shmuck sucker who *thought* he was someones girlfriend. And, also, concerning this "screening of calls," why in hell do you give out your number if you don't want someone to call you???? Please spare us all of the common lame ass excuses. IF YOU ARE MARRIED,HAVE BF/GF, MENTALLY SICK AND LIKE TO PLAY GAMES WITH PEOPLE'S HEADS,JUST PLAIN STUPID,ETC., PLEASE CEASE AN DESIST FROM THE ***DATING*** WORLD!!!!!! And maybe, just maybe, you will be surprised how quick your life will become devoid of "stalkers," i.e., often simpy dissed boobs who were the butt of your sick joke.

And finally, people, elimidate, blind date, etc., THESE SHOWS ARE SCRIPTED, THEY USE ***ACTORS*** THEY ARE **NOT REAL**jUST LIKE ABOUT 99.9998% OF THE PERSONS EXPECTATIONS ON THESE SITES,HENCE ALL THE HAND RINGING AND CONSTANT BIT*****
 rings
Msg: 108
Posted: 2/24/2006 2:46:10 AM
i give my cell #,because i'm never home to answer the house phone.....
 Raven1
Msg: 109
Posted: 2/24/2006 2:50:48 AM

I only give out my cell phone number and thats it. I will give out email addresses and my cell phone and work number. But very rarely do I give out my home number.

I agree with Dinner on this one...Who knows if that person is a stalker or a criminal

I aggree too.

I actually had the problem of one girl I had met ending up stalking me.

She'd drive up and down my street. She'd show up to my house UNINVITED.
One day the doorbell rang and I thought it might have been her, so I looked out the upstairs bedroom window first. I saw no car so I figured it was a neighbour.
I open my door and to my dismay, who was it?
Yep, her!

Now until I get to know someone on a more personal level that's all they get from me. Never the home number but an alternate one.
 azblueskies57
Msg: 110
Posted: 2/24/2006 3:12:33 AM
I give out the cell number because my other line is biz, plus I want to keep everyone at arms length until I trust them.
 ManitobaGrrl
Msg: 111
Posted: 2/24/2006 1:15:58 PM
Because if things dont work out then you dont have someone calling you that you dont want calling you at home.....some people cant take the hint that things are over
(both sexes)
 genngi
Msg: 112
Posted: 2/24/2006 1:26:37 PM
So many people only have cell phones these days, especially single men!
 aegean_odyssey
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2006 1:35:44 PM
I basically only use a cell phone-

although I still maintain a land line for family and emergency
I hardly ever use it.

in todays world ,, we have programs with free incoming calls 7/24
why in the world would you want to be anchored down to a land line..

I have much more freedom and many options on my cellular account also.

Most woman I have contact with are via cell phone aswell
this does not mean in any way that the person is taken...

My opinion : to think that is basically paranoia............

for me it is simply for convience and privacy -- nothing more
if you can't deal with that then: N E X T
 rreger19
Msg: 114
Posted: 2/24/2006 2:06:12 PM
some guys dont have home phones cause theyre not ever there very long. when your gone most of the time you dont need one.
 shyone2553
Msg: 115
Posted: 2/24/2006 3:25:42 PM
I have dated a few guy (at different times) that dont spend time in the house . some guys prefer to spend their time outside doing things, not inside .i only use my homephone for my PC
 kcmron
Msg: 116
Posted: 2/24/2006 3:52:42 PM
I just don't have a landline phone.
 iridecentelf
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2006 7:01:23 AM
I only have a landline because I couldn't get a dryloop dsl. I have no local or long distance service. So the cell is all I give out. As almost everyone has said, makes it easier to screen the calls, answer only the ones you want, and your more reachable to the ones you want to talk to. I have my own added security with my cell too. Its not under my name. My best friend has me under his account with my own line so if someone were to go on a fishing trip, your more likely to meet big Mike than little Andi.
 molonel
Msg: 118
Posted: 2/25/2006 1:30:20 PM
I haven't had a landline since 2004. I'm never home. Even if I had one, why would I give out my landline to someone I've just met? So she can come directly to my house if she's a stalker? Yeah, thanks but no thanks.

No, just because he gives you a landline doesn't mean he's taken. That's silly.
 aspiring_angel
Msg: 119
Posted: 2/25/2006 5:16:06 PM
With a landline you can look up an address. Some people also have children and care about strangers calling their home.
 Tony_Snak
Msg: 120
Posted: 2/26/2006 8:32:34 AM
Well some guys only have a cell phone. I don't see the purpose of a land line when I'm not at home most of the time. Cell plans are so affordable now that getting a home phone is like wasting money if you already have a cell phone.

Not all guys are up to no good. But I do understand everbodies concern.
 darkcloud
Msg: 121
Posted: 3/21/2006 8:13:46 PM
i don't have a land line............haven't had one in five years.

why should i?
when i did nothing but work most of the time
and when i got home most of the messages were telemarketers.
 ChicagoStyle
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2006 5:55:15 PM
Like a lot of people, I only use my cell phone. I have a landline, but I only have it for the alarm, DSL, fax, and an emergency.

I tell everyone, if you want my home number, sure, but I never ever answer it.

One girl I was dating still wondered why she never had my home number if I lived alone. So I told her, had her call it and she heard the fax machine go off.

It's messed up when people don't believe you and you have to prove yourself. But, in a way, the way things are nowadays, I can kind of see where they are coming from.
 Tsorath
Msg: 123
Posted: 6/12/2006 5:58:43 PM
Absolutely not I give out my cell number to people often as thats the number I can most typically be reached at.Its rare I even bother with my home phone anymore to the point I often wonder why I even have it.

Tsorath
 CadeTheFireBreather
Msg: 124
Posted: 6/12/2006 6:02:53 PM
Your livin in the past babe.... We don't have house phones :-p

I saw this commercial the other day that made me laugh. The Dialog went kinda like this

*Kid Points at a telephone in a Museum*
Kid: Whats that daddy?
Dad: Well when I was your age... Telephones were connected to these things called Wires....
Kid: Weird.....
 rbs928
Msg: 125
Posted: 6/12/2006 6:07:55 PM
well donna maybe that is because he has no home number to give you,i myself have no cell phone,be glad the guy even has a number to give you,
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?