Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jg65
Msg: 50
Condoms and BlowjobsPage 10 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Kinda misses the point, why not just grab a sandwhich baggy???
 asteliapuff39
Msg: 52
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 9/11/2007 9:00:04 AM
Pay attention to this... since maybe I am that one that missed the sign that oral sex is safe lol.
hmmm this is just ridiculous.
Its pathetic to see how many people actually have a working brain out there.
I cant take anybody that says "cant get pregnant by mouth" seriously.
I am not afraid to admit that I HAVE caught Chlam and Gono BY ORAL. Oh wait? ORAL! geesh what happened? I trusted someone that seemed worthy of trust... This happened in a period of a year or so... The guys even "****ed" that they didnt have anything until they got tested and then they found that they were asymptomatic carriers... meaning they didnt know they carry it and showed no signs of it. I passed it on to a few guys that I had to call and let them know about it. It sucked. Now I am in a LTR which is great, but if I have to go down the dating path again... condom will be worn while bj's and if they dont want it... then no bj's. Putting your health at risk and actually getting an STI make you have a different outlook in life. Oh and the guys were successful guys and guys that looked nice and that came from a good family :) go figure!
ps: those diseases are curable...so now I am clean! :)
 melo365
Msg: 54
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 9/11/2007 2:40:00 PM
HELL NO, WE BARELY WANNA USED THEM 4 SEX, A BLOWJOB. MY FEELINGS ARE HURT
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 9/24/2007 8:30:26 PM
yesiamcute..... girl you hit the nail on the head..

I must say I am shocked at all these women not using protection ...

So sex may not be as good with a condom.. but at least you may live longer to screw another day.

HPV in the mouth is a horrid thing. the warts can grow and block the airway.. Being a nurse have seen too many nasty things, that could have been prevented.

Before you put anything in your mouth ladies make sure it doesn't have anything growing on it. Look it over with the lights on. That goes for the guys too..
 mrjerrylee
Msg: 56
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 9/24/2007 11:37:19 PM
most here said no condom w/ BJ
how about when you're blown by an Asian hooker?
she could spread lots of stuff to your schlong i'm sure
 cute_red_mandy
Msg: 57
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 9/26/2007 9:13:10 AM
I don't use condoms for oral sex. I'm aware of the risks and get myself tested frequently.

As someone who takes pride in their "Skills", I'd rather have a man get a totally amazing mind blowing oral experience than a crappy one. Just my opinion, and you only live once so enjoy it.
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 9/26/2007 1:02:35 PM
In an era of HIV and chastity rings, teenagers and young adults – roughly 75% of them – have turned to oral sex as a “less risky” option. But it’s not safe sex. And while it won’t get you pregnant, it can still get you into big trouble. For the first time ever, researchers at Johns Hopkins University have established a link between oral sex, the human papillomavirus (the same virus that causes cervical cancer) and throat cancer. That adds to a roster of risks already tied to oral sex: herpes, syphilis, gonorrhea, and HIV…

This is scary news for the rising numbers of young people choosing oral sex over intercourse. One Johns Hopkins professor notes that since 1990, the percentage of male patients at his clinic alone who have had oral sex has risen from 50% to about 75%; for women and girls, from 25% to about 75%.

That’s a huge number exposing themselves to this cancer risk, among other sexually transmitted diseases.
Relatively uncommon, throat cancer is usually associated with smoking and alcohol. The type linked to the human papillomavirus (HPV) afflicts roughly 11,000 Americans each year, about the same number of new cervical cancer cases.

Throat cancer typically involves the base of the tongue, the tonsils, or the back of the throat. Because it is so rare among people who don’t drink or smoke, the symptoms – sore throat, swollen glands, or a cold sore – are easy to dismiss, delaying diagnosis and treatment.

The Hazard of HPV
HPV can be found in saliva, urine, semen, and genital secretions. It is transmitted through sexual, skin-to-skin, and possibly even mouth-to-mouth contact.

The Center for Disease Control (CDC) estimates that 20 million people are infected with HPV and that 50% of sexually active people will eventually be infected. In the United States alone, some five million new infections occur each year
Pocket Protection
Abstinence is the only certain protection from HPV. Previous studies have demonstrated that consistent condom use can reduce the risk of genital HPV infection. And other studies have shown that infrequent use of condoms with a new oral or vaginal sex partner increased the risk of throat cancer. Although it’s unclear how effective condoms are for preventing oral cancers, using them to reduce the risk is a very smart move
 Iamfancy
Msg: 59
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 9/28/2007 1:22:12 AM
Hey, Asteliapuff39 I just wanted to applaud you at sharing your unfortunate experiences. I have read alot on here about no way that people would not use a condom during oral for alot of dumb reasons. I see your reasoning and agree, your safety is more important than worrying about whether a guy likes you using a condom or not. HEY ALL YOU NON-SAFETY PEOPLE-HE IS GETTING A BLOWJOB! DO YOU THINK HE IS GONNA SAY NO?! And as for not feeling good to him, then you are just not doing it right! I have no problems making a man cum while he is wearing a condom during oral! And taste wise, well if it ain't the taste of the rubber you complain about it is the taste of the cum! But anyhow, just wanted to say that you are an exceptional person for sharing your experiences! Hopefully someone take your experiences seriously. Especially considering they can get Herpes also through unprotected Oral. :modhammer:
 dshag
Msg: 60
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 10/1/2007 8:20:25 PM
What's the point...i will say it turns me on for the women to put the condom on me with her mouth
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 10/1/2007 9:53:11 PM
I do not ever engage in any oral sex exchange just because I don't like it and it does not turn me on. I find it crazy how many men think I am crazy because I hate oral sex and will not do it. I also find it crazy that that men want to have oral sex and perform oral sex on a girl but when it comes to real sex, penis inside vagina men wrapped it with comdoms. Makes no sense.
 IdoAllmyOwnStunts
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 10/2/2007 8:13:02 AM
i use them all the time! they make then with flavors too, my fav ones to buy are watermellon, cotton candy and beef strokinoff...err stroganoff.

.................................................................................................................................
 danno3848
Msg: 63
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 10/11/2007 9:19:16 PM
Ideally you dont want them... but in this world your crazzy not to protect yourself.. its a dilema for sure.. cant imagine it feeling the same with.. but wouldnt be traveling down any one-way street to disease. Safe sexx is the only way... though its a bit of mind bender if you love sexx as much as I do.
 PureDreams
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 3/2/2008 12:39:54 PM
If you're having any kind of sex then you take a risk of getting a STD, even with the use of a condom. You can't trust what people say unless they tell you that they never had sex or kissed anyone. And a lot of people say that they get "tested" so they're "okay". But what are they tested for and why do people get tested AFTER they put them self at risk?

Most people are not tested for all known STDs out there, simply because it's too costly to do so. Not to mention, depending on the tests used they might not be very accurate either. The typical STD tests that most Dr.'s order don't include testing for HSV-1 or HSV-2 (oral and genital herpes). The main reason for this is that HSV-1 is so common, some 50% of people have it by the age of 18 and 80-90% of people have it by the age of 50yo - that's just in the USA. HSV-2 isn't as common as HSV-1 but is still high - about 20-25% of the people have it.

What I would recommend is this - if you're involved with someone and at the point to have sex then why not have both parties tested beforehand? If everything comes back clean then you can decided to use a condom or not - there are other reasons to use a condom vs protection from STDs. But if you don't get tested beforehand then use a condom for everything.

I really don't know why schools don't push testing before having sex and why getting testing done isn't easier to do in today's day and age. For those that are interested in my advice here's one place that will allow you to be tested anonymously. But be warned, they test for HSV-1 and HSV-2...you might just be shocked to find out that you have one or both of these infections since most people don't show any symptoms. That's the other reason why Dr.'s don't order a HSV-1 or HSV-2 test, most people are not able to handle it emotionally...and if you don't have any symptoms or problems they don't see the need to test for it because of that. You might think what I'm saying is wrong but it's so common (esp. HSV-1) that you should just consider that everyone has it. Btw, most people get HSV-1 when they're a kid - mostly by being kissed as a baby/child by an adult family member that has HSV-1.

http://tstd.org
 PureDreams
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 3/2/2008 12:57:30 PM
Thought I would post this from the tstd.org website. The real shocker is that 1 in 5 people have a STD and 80% don't tell their parneters. Think about that the next time someone says they have a clean past or have been tested.

"One in five individuals has an STD and 80% do not tell their partners. Even more frightening, a vast majority of those with STDs aren't even aware that they have one. They end up unwittingly spreading these diseases further through sexual contact. That's why it is critical to be aware when you may be at risk.

STDs are tricky, masquerading with everyday symptoms — flu, fever, headache — and sometimes exhibiting no symptoms at all. To stop their spread, beyond celibacy, there is an answer. Get informed and get tested."
 ekw1234
Msg: 68
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 7/3/2011 4:53:16 PM
As if sex isn't wierd enough already LOL!. Doesn't that take away from the experience? I think I may have to decline performing oral on a penis with a condom on it. I could just have a v8, or find another guy.
 ekw1234
Msg: 69
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 7/3/2011 6:17:05 PM
Well yes as a previous poster pointed out you can get some diseases from oral. Some are stds and there are a variety of other infections that you can get from kissing other contact and sex of any kind. Wearing a condom during oral sex does not really change your risks plus its disgusting. But to each his own. We all get to do what we think is reasonable including condoms for oral, plastic wrap for kissing and even living in a plastic bubble. Me, if I like the guy and the risk seems loe enough according to my judgment I am going for it, all naked too. And I am sure the lucky guy will be glad for it!!!

Also remember that some infections can still be transmitted with the use of a condom, like hpv and herpes.
 alangman20
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 7/3/2011 10:54:19 PM
Not me,

Never had a problem not that active.
 landrew679
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 7/4/2011 2:12:40 AM
What's a blow job ?
 goodquestion
Msg: 73
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 7/6/2011 6:31:36 AM

I wouldn't and don't use them for blow jobs but with all diseases out there, I guess we should.

I have not been with anyone in a while but the womem I have been with and for a short period of time never wanted to use a condom for this, although I did not understand this for the obvious reasoning I thought was strange. I do see the point though more of who wants rubber in there mouth but when thought about, the potential for diseases how do you get around that especially if they have only known you for a week or so. Maybe I am an open book and they just thought I was very upstanding but still how would one know.
 goodquestion
Msg: 74
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 7/7/2011 5:30:10 AM

I would insist on one, since I'm leery about kissing a woman who had semen in her mouth, unless we both agreed that I would finish outside.

There was a whole nother thread on this topic. I would not have any problem with that as long as it was my semen. I would not expect her to taste anything I would not as long as it was from my body.
 goodquestion
Msg: 76
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 7/7/2011 11:12:53 AM
Not once in my life has any woman ever suggested a condom for oral sex.

I have had the same experience myself and I have to say I thought it was odd the first time. Even though we knew each other some what I thought she would insist. There was not even much discussion other than she said it would not be so pleasureable for me, she just started and swollowed at the end and I was just in shock.
 GarnerGirl71
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 8/19/2012 8:06:47 PM
That is pretty damn disgusting. I always purchase the ones with the spermicide, so that is absolutely out of the question anyway.
 grove_22
Msg: 82
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 8/20/2012 6:49:39 AM

I would rather skip oral than use a condom. Also in general, unprotected vaginal and anal sex is more dangerous than unprotected oral sex.

I agree.
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 83
Condoms and Blowjobs
Posted: 8/20/2012 7:43:46 AM
Nope. I want to feel skin texture on my tongue. It wld be like hiving a bj to a plastic doll. And I don't think the guy would feel anything. If u take a condom off & do oral that taste is horrible.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >