Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 purplerider1200
Msg: 57
view profile
History
nasty messagesPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Whereas 95% no replies isn't anything to jump up and down shout about, at least it isn't batting zero- for the century.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 58
view profile
History
nasty messages
Posted: 6/9/2016 6:00:42 PM
perspektiv

I see your point yes.
 gtomustang
Msg: 59
nasty messages
Posted: 6/9/2016 7:19:03 PM
"I would never want to be with someone that will not spend eternity with me."

>>>i'd respond, "With your mindset, it would feel like an eternity at my end, fear not."
 iibigbootycutieii
Msg: 60
nasty messages
Posted: 6/10/2016 5:14:33 AM
If I'm not interested I just delete or block...I learned not to respond it's asking for a fight....I had one guy say.....wow you're sexy too bad you smoke....I replied well I might just quit for a guy who's 5"5 ....I was asking for it........hahaha.....we had a heated exchange about 20 messages back and forth....nice little afternoon entertainment. I get guys telling me they love my curves then when things go awry the first thing they do is call me fat.......I know I'm fat Einstein....it's not even the worst insult I've gotten today!
 StumbledN
Msg: 61
nasty messages
Posted: 6/10/2016 7:58:40 AM
I haven't sent out enough contact messages lately to accumulate a "response/no response data base" large enough to be meaningful. However, I did once receive a memorable and unsolicited contact message that simply said "Your profile is beyond stupid". So, as is my custom, I tried to send a reply to thank her for her message. I was too late though. She had already blocked me. lol! omg... I just luv this so called dating site ;-)
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 62
nasty messages
Posted: 6/10/2016 8:05:52 AM

If I'm not interested I just delete or block.

So hawt dudes can write you narsty stuff?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 63
view profile
History
nasty messages
Posted: 6/10/2016 8:26:13 AM

NG, you missed the obvious on that one. It's about religion, and the fact that I have "Non-religious" on my profile.

I see your point... if that's all they said + their profile wasn't uber religious, I don't think they'd necessarily mean that. It could easily imply I-need-someone-whos-dying-for-romance-forever when they don't get that vibe from you.

So I'll add another reply like, "Oh my dear, do not worry. If you die before I, I'll make sure I won't pork any other girls while you're up there in the sky. I may not be religious, but I'm not going to hell. When I arrive up there with you, we'll be back together. We'll just have an LAT relationship for a while. That's why video taping our intimacy together will be key. If one of us goes before the other, we'll have that to satisfy our long distance needs. I wouldn't want you to be shagging some guy up there in the sky -- as there's a lot to choose from. I promise I won't. Deal?"
 iibigbootycutieii
Msg: 64
nasty messages
Posted: 6/10/2016 10:03:06 AM
Um no....if someone comes off like a pig that falls into the not interested category....although sometimes when I'm bored I will have fun with them
 Dragracer428
Msg: 65
nasty messages
Posted: 6/10/2016 2:23:15 PM
After messaging with a woman for a few days asked for a meet, woke up the next day to the most brutal rejection yet both IRL and OLD. I can laugh now but I was WTF at the time.

Another woman who after a few messages and a meet request rejected me for the smoking, fair enough but she told me in the same message the smoking showed a lack of character. HUMMM so I decided to have some fun and asked why the insult? She took umbrage and told me at length how nice a person she was, I argued that point, after a few messages along this line I was really starting to enjoy myself when she blocked me. LOL
 Perspektiv
Msg: 66
nasty messages
Posted: 6/12/2016 7:25:10 PM
I think the most perplexing messages I've gotten, were from slightly older women stating:

"Too bad you're too young. You seem to have a great mind, and your profile is funny", or along those lines.

To me, this would be like a teacher telling a kid: "Too bad you're too stupid. You seem to have so much potential, and your spelling is very exemplary".

Personally, people who'll reach out to someone, just to turn them down without them even having been messaged, deserve all the verbal abuse they'll get.

For me personally, I'll be too confused to reply, but never got that practice.
 flamingjune1960
Msg: 67
view profile
History
nasty messages
Posted: 6/18/2016 7:37:21 PM
You can't win either way. I started out trying to answer all the messages I got and received too many rude responses so I stopped answering unless I was interested. I still get message after message of, "you think you're too good to respond to a simple message?" or "who do you think you are?" I recently responded to a man who asked why I didn't message him back with a simple "thanks but we are not a match, good luck in your search" and I get back "so a man is not worthy of you unless he looks good? well have fun with bob!"
Really? What in the world has happened to manners? It is not just men, it is women too. People in general I guess. I just can't get used to it, it just isn't the way I was raised.
 Seki1949
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Nasty Messages with Big Mac content
Posted: 6/19/2016 12:59:08 AM

1% nasty / rude

I got one back recently that was multiple paragraphs. A Personalized Rant...just for Me! Babbled on and on about how we were not a match. Somewhere in the middle of the rant: "Ordering two double cheese burgers instead of a Big Mac is not a healthy eating program." WTF, Gurl?

"No" would have worked just fine.
 Seki1949
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2016 1:00:55 AM
"I would never want to be with someone that will not spend eternity with me."

I would never want to be with someone who would not want to spend the night with me.
 south_city
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/19/2016 7:48:16 AM

I think the most perplexing messages I've gotten, were from slightly older women stating:

"Too bad you're too young. You seem to have a great mind, and your profile is funny", or along those lines.

To me, this would be like a teacher telling a kid: "Too bad you're too stupid. You seem to have so much potential, and your spelling is very exemplary".

Personally, people who'll reach out to someone, just to turn them down without them even having been messaged, deserve all the verbal abuse they'll get.

Along those lines, people that give unsolicited feedback about my profile and pictures when I never contacted them. I had a woman that stated "I look mean in my pictures". Another woman stated I had a "fake smile". I haven't done this. But I can see why some people will send a rude message after getting this unsolicited feedback.
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2016 8:23:45 AM
^There's a lot of lonely souls out there, with nothing better to do.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2016 9:33:02 AM
LOL Over the years, my experience here, has been, of the mean /"Nasty Messages", only a few came from men into my Inbox. And yes, I blocked them.
Then, ............not recently so much, .......The majority of the mean hearted comments were issued by other women/directed AT me here in the Forums.
Can't block'em but I can choose to ignore them! Or not.............LOL
Oh Well!
 ginghamgal
Msg: 73
Posted: 6/19/2016 10:30:00 AM

Along those lines, people that give unsolicited feedback about my profile and pictures when I never contacted them. I had a woman that stated "I look mean in my pictures". Another woman stated I had a "fake smile". I haven't done this. But I can see why some people will send a rude message after getting this unsolicited feedback.

Even if you had contacted them, these types of comments are unnecessary. I might listen to unsolicited comments from a friend. Not a random stranger.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/19/2016 1:07:14 PM
I have to say that on a rainy day when I've run out of things to read, I'd probably appreciate nasty messages, for the entertainment value. Ever so much more than "Hi" messages. I know of nothing more offensive than boredom.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 75
Posted: 6/19/2016 1:25:32 PM

I know of nothing more offensive than boredom.

Try mixing bleach and ammonia together.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 76
Posted: 6/19/2016 1:36:44 PM
^ Why the hell would I do that when I can put a marshmallow in the microwave?
 Perspektiv
Msg: 77
Posted: 6/19/2016 6:42:34 PM

What in the world has happened to manners?

I think the mistake, is expecting others to have manners.

You can't change how someone is, but you can control how you choose to respond to it.

I've had to learn that lesson being on this website, and having received a couple nasty replies, demanding to know why I didn't respond.
 hemingway234
Msg: 78
view profile
History
nasty messages
Posted: 6/21/2016 5:49:32 AM

why do people on these sites have to send such nasty evil messages to people they dont even know just cause they didnt wanna chat or mail them???
ive only been using this site a little while but ive already had 2 men send me nasty revolting messages just because i mailed them back saying i wasnt interested..is that a crime?
i thought this was a fun nice dating service was i wrong???

- It's better to not reject people openly - just move on to the next man. Some people have bad attitudes.
 irishgirl772
Msg: 79
nasty messages
Posted: 6/25/2016 7:07:23 AM
In my inbox yesterday from a pof member.

I am looking for a linebacker for my football team and you have that look. Interested?

Like, wtf? Obviously this tool knows nothing about football if he thinks I look like a linebacker. Some guys send stuff like this
to women they know they have zero chance with.
 memtoo
Msg: 80
nasty messages
Posted: 6/25/2016 7:22:35 AM
Is it surprising you have nasty, totally fuked up people on these sites? Are people really surprised about this?
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 81
nasty messages
Posted: 6/25/2016 8:43:55 AM
I got this first message last week.

Who the fvck do you think you are, just sitting there? Go ahead and chase the b!tches.

Now, she DID indeed look like a linebacker!

I GIFTED her a crab that stays on her profile for 21 days.

One of the joys of having a paid account.

There's also a piece of coal available that resembles a...turd.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >