Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Murf167
Msg: 496
WHY DO MEN RUIN RELATIONSHIPS WITH VIDEO GAMES?Page 29 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)

Men don't play video games, kids do!!!

Have you read any of this thread? Or are you just flat out calling every man in this thread who's stated otherwise a 'kid'?

If your grammar and vocabulary are any indication of your intelligence and ability to interact with 'living people' then I think you're best served by staying home. I'll take the company of gamers, real and virtual, over yours any time.

Your opinion holds no value.
 moonwalkerman
Msg: 497
WHY DO MEN RUIN RELATIONSHIPS WITH VIDEO GAMES?
Posted: 3/4/2008 12:44:02 PM
Consider this: the very ability of men to loose themselves for days, or weeks, or month, in a video game, and to forget about everything else, is the underlying reason for the fact that all great inventions have been done by men. Women do not have the ability to do that, they are natural multitaskers, and I do not qualify one or the other as more valuable. These are just biological facts. When Edison invented the light bulb, he surely did not manage to do that by simultaneously handling three kids, four pans, doing groceries, washing, cleaning etc.; no, he probably locked himself up in the attic until that damn thing started to work. So, to answer the OP: it is male nature to do that, it is that simple.
 bigshrek
Msg: 498
Posted: 3/4/2008 5:36:36 PM
To put it into psychological terms, men seek out activities that tend towards the "Hunter" nature...war games...sports...they are basically the same as hunting...it is the Vehicle to Prove One's Worth through Conquest.

but if you are playing games INSTEAD of Having Connubial Relations...you need HELP! There is NOTHING more important than NOOKIE!
 THE full monty
Msg: 499
Why do men ruin relationships with video games?
Posted: 3/4/2008 7:46:37 PM
WELL,ANYLADYS WHO'S MAN IS STILL PLAYING VIDEO GAMES....BETTER GET AHOLD OF ME ........BECAUSE, I THINK YOUR GOING OUT WITH A BOY..........THATS SO SAD A MAN STILL PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.......... ...........HOW SAD
 eternal_renegade
Msg: 501
Posted: 3/4/2008 10:02:55 PM
Well said Marc.

I play games on occasion, it is fun but I like other things too. Games are not my life (I actually enjoy making them or making the music for them).
Some people like it and some people don't like 893274893274892743 hobbies in the world.

Some games are challenging and some games really make you think (good old puzzle games). I know there exists at least one game for every person to enjoy. So many types for so many people.
 sin2gether2
Msg: 502
Posted: 3/4/2008 11:43:42 PM
Cause men are from mars and video games are from pluto.
 hilltop70
Msg: 506
Posted: 3/7/2008 2:13:21 PM
if all i have to look forward too is what u want to do then a video game is defintely where im going to go but remeber the alternitive hanging out with the fellas or running the streets pick your poison
 fixitfred
Msg: 513
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2008 4:26:33 PM
Some people are also allergic to peanuts. I wish there was a game where you blow up peanuts and if you get enough points you get to the goober round. Like getting to the Kilimanjaro level in Halo2. ( you have to be a hard core gamer to understand that one.)

Back to peanuts, I even hate them damn Styrofoam peanuts they use for packing they get everywhere. Some games are packed in peanuts.
 quad741
Msg: 514
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2008 6:18:59 PM
VG addiction is an "impluse control disorder", much like addiction to gambling, alcohol, food, any number of things. Any time your hobby affects your career or social life, it can be said to be an addiction. With video games specifically, this hasn't been professionally studied with any accuracy yet, but there ARE around 9 million WoW players, and about half of them play for 4 hours a day or more; to the average person that's crazy.
If you have a specific problem, there is help available, http://www.olganonboard.org/ is a 12 step program for VG addiction, and I'm sure googling would come up with a dozen more.

Although you need to be able to look at things from both sides; if someone is neglecting their obligations in favor of games, then it's a problem, but if you just don't "get" video-games, then, well, too bad.
I personally haven't had time to play anything new for like 6 months... I'm stuck with a game or two of Warcraft III a night. :(
 shomesomethin
Msg: 516
Posted: 3/14/2008 3:27:14 AM
Video games don't ruin relationships, boredom does. Spice it up next time!
shomesomethin
 m00ndancer
Msg: 517
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 11:22:13 AM
I was just glancing around at different forums and saw this post and your answer... I have to admit, I cracked up.

I am a woman and used to love video games ... then when my son moved out I got out of touch w/them, but would love to learn again...

Hell, let the grass can grow :-)

Have a Great weekend!
 godliketoaster
Msg: 520
Posted: 3/22/2008 8:25:41 PM

Maybe you are just boring and he needs to get away from your raging, boring vagina.

OR

He has something wrong with him...

I play video games, but that doesn't mean it's all I do. When I was dating my previous GF I still played video games, she didn't care, but thats because I only did it a little bit.

It's all about balance.
 RhynoLoo
Msg: 521
Posted: 3/22/2008 11:37:25 PM
Pretty... it's an addiction - I've seen people not only lose relationships, but jobs and fail out of school because of this as well. It's got nothing to do with anyone involved... and it's not gender specific.
 bigshrek
Msg: 522
Posted: 3/23/2008 3:18:26 AM
If women would give us better things to play with than video games...we'ed play with them more and less on the games!!

Thank God my current gal has a nice, healthy drive!! Less gaming, more BOINGY BOINGY BOINGY!!!
 e 24
Msg: 526
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2008 8:24:53 AM

Is your boyfriend 12?
Tell him to go outside and play.

EXACTLY!!!

wtf! If he would rather play Video Games than spend time with you than YOU need to
UPGRADE!!!

... And Do It Now! DOH!!!

The_Maj
Msg: 534
Posted: 3/27/2008 5:25:17 PM

This topic still makes me sad. If playing video games makes me a boy, then so be it, I'm a young child who got a sex change. I don't see how playing video games is ANY less mature then going shopping for ZOMG NEW CLOTHEZZZ GOTTA HAVE ITTTTTTT CUZ I GOTTA LOOK LIKE PARIS HILTONNNNNN.

Get over yourselves, seriously. If you don't like video games, then don't date men who play them. If you do, you brought it upon yourself so either accept it or move on with your life.

You beat me to it. Most people in our society think gaming is stupid. Or it's for kids. What exactly makes it so "kiddy"? What makes it stupid? It doesn't "expand your mind"? You people claim this because you're uninterested in the medium, and therefore aren't looking to see anything beyond the surface, which appears to be cars crashing, blowing stuff up, raping hookers, etc. The GTA series tells a LOT about American society. God of War & Dynasty Warriors are bloody well near mythology textbooks. Series like Project Gotham, Madden, and Rock Band allow people to get involved in activities or interests that we might never have been able to do.

As for it ruining relationships, it only ruins the relationship as much as you let it. If you've never even tried out whatever it was that he loved so much, you're guilty of contributing to the relationship's downfall. However, I'm not going to completely absolve him - there's a reason why EverQuest is called "EverCrack." But just lamenting video games based on one type is silly. I'm a hardxcore gamer and I've never seriously played an MMO[RPG] (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game aka EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars: Galaxies, The Sims, etc). What you did right there is the equivalent of somebody listening to a crappy pop song and deciding that ALL music sucks based on that one song.
 TheRealBigschmo
Msg: 536
Posted: 3/31/2008 7:46:43 AM
Ok

So, I play video games. More specifically, RockBand. It's a game we can both play. I try to get her involved with it.

Sometimes she doesn't want to, so I've found her some games that she likes... such as the Sims, etc.

I've been reading these boards for a while and all I see is women complaining about everything their husband/boyfriend does.

STOP COMPLAINING AND DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO FIX IT.
 1HiddenGem
Msg: 545
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 11:23:52 AM
I don't Think Men ruin Reltionships with Video games...
Obviousy someone is a little pissed that someone is spending a little less time on them and to much time playing games..
Obviously you must not be communicating your problems or your not interesting your better half
Just my opinion
 Lucky_Vet
Msg: 546
Posted: 4/1/2008 2:21:27 PM

The men I know who do play video games claim the games are more interesting / stimulating than their partner.
 Lucky_Vet
Msg: 548
Posted: 4/1/2008 3:19:41 PM
I've had boyfriends who, when offered sex on a platter, chose video games instead"

Wow, you make it sound as if your vagina is lined with gold.
 Swann85
Msg: 557
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 11:46:32 PM
here is a great Idea if he is playing a game too much, go hang with YOUR friends let him have his alone time and when you come back he wont ignore you, and you will both be happy
 SAIUN
Msg: 559
Posted: 5/7/2008 4:24:50 AM

Maybe some guys just like to show off to their girls......my ex used to be impressed with my Guitar Hero skills, lol

Did she like how fast your fingers could move?
 DemonLeather
Msg: 569
Posted: 12/15/2010 8:01:17 AM
Hmmm,.. let's see,.. perhaps it's because they have become boring to the point where a 2D vidio game is the preferred activity to having to converse with them,.. or.. it could be that they complain about everything under the sun,..asking foolish questions like "Why do men ruin relationships with video games?"There could be a hundtred different plausible senerios...really quite hard to poin down,.. the guy might just be a jerk or an A-ho.. like I said hundreds of possibles,. Do they have a pointless section for threads like this here? I thought I saw one..
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >