Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 richiig27
Msg: 190
whats the biggest turn-off on a first date?Page 4 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Being late without a courtesy call.
Filthy table manners is right up there
Continuous chatter on how bad Mr X was.
 elenna71
Msg: 196
whats the biggest turn-off on a first date?
Posted: 8/26/2006 4:52:24 PM
I remember a first date where at one point I literally wanted to walk away from him. He was so desperate to get a clue that I was interested in him that he was being so awfully childish. Because I didn't respond the way he wanted me to he was implying that I was being too reserved or prudish. My advice for anyone is to just ask. It really works. btw It didn't dawn on me until later that he was trying everything to get my attention. He didn't have to try so hard.
 2manyfrogs
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2006 6:14:33 PM
I once went out with a guy that bragged about still wearing the shoes he wore in high school. He was 32 years old. He always wanted to set at home and watch TV, cause it "was cheaper" than the movies.
I hate it when the guy is rude to the waitress or has road rage. You can almost bet he would treat his woman that way, too.
Bad breath, bad teeth, passing gas, dropping his drawers to show you his new "bareness" on the first date, rinsing his retainer in his water glass in a restaurant, making passes at other women, telling you he is falling in love with you, assuming you are his girl from now on, telling you he wants you to meet his parents, not leaving a tip at the restaurant........ I could go on and on....
 BuschBrosFan
Msg: 198
Posted: 8/26/2006 6:41:52 PM
wow.. you girls are making me sound soooooo good. Glad i dont do that sh*t.
 DrWho999
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2006 3:13:48 PM
Being late, by far, is the biggest turn off. It just sets the mood for the rest of the evening.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 204
Posted: 11/14/2006 3:21:22 PM
I guesse a bad attitude is one thing that would be an easy turn-off, along with being arrogant and not being genuine.
 marshw
Msg: 205
Posted: 11/14/2006 4:09:57 PM
Bad smells and ugly feet...on any date.
 colt8301
Msg: 206
Posted: 11/15/2006 3:01:46 AM
biege teeth, a whole lot of talking and not really saying anything, witch cackles.
 Chef_Charles
Msg: 207
Posted: 11/15/2006 3:31:09 AM
Dark glasses where I can't see the eyes of the person I am talking to, I know the sun is shinning dear lets go in and play strip poker honest I will still get a thrill out of it inside by the fireplace and the wine and cheese.

Not lettting me know how they really feel about my offbeat off time out of whack sense of time and paradoxical chaos that I call my life.

Informing me by methods subtle and blatant that I am a lower class un-papered half breed from the wrong side of the tracks and I can not even get near them to kiss their hand in a pleased to meet you gesture. I am un-papered, not un skilled, I am a half breed, my MOM and my DAD are half of me, I have no clue where the tracks are wrong in my Little Rock town but if I could be from the wrong side of the tracks, might as well start now.

The tell me they dislike cats, over dogs. I love all animals, but my cat is the BOMB! She answers to her name, eats out of my hand or off my chest, shirt or bear. She is sweet and her picked me not me picked her, I hope to enjoy another decade of her company, you don't like cats, fine we can share a movie, a ride, the time of day, whatever you want. But there will not be a long term life with me, if you don't like my cat.

Charles.
 sexxxygirlie
Msg: 209
Posted: 11/15/2006 9:21:24 PM
lets see.... bad breath, being late, talking on a cell phone all night, getting smashed, talking about an ex all night.... i could keep going but I'll stop at that.
 crazychristy266
Msg: 210
Posted: 11/15/2006 10:39:03 PM
i would say tryin to get in ur pants right away.
 wildpassion
Msg: 216
Posted: 10/29/2007 11:08:37 AM
when a guy reaches over when you have your had ot to shake his and instead he grabs for your ti** . than gets pissed when you tell him you will break his hand and shove it up his as*..... that is always a date ender. lol
 wildpassion
Msg: 220
Posted: 10/29/2007 12:36:42 PM
i went on a date and this guy . hewas like wunderful on the phone everything i could ask for . he was military wich is what i wanted and top it off a navy seal. well we got to the place and we both liked the way each one looked .all of a sudden , he looked at me a said you know i could chop you up right now and throw u in a dumpster and no one would have a clue. i looked at him and stood up and got the fu** out of there.
 beerbag
Msg: 223
Posted: 10/29/2007 3:25:09 PM
Stuck up
No fun
Won't let me grab her tits
Won't let me stare at her tits even though she put them out there on a platter
Too concerned about manners
Won't pay

Oh and also isn't impressed by my reg date or post count on message boards.
 Wildcard74
Msg: 224
Posted: 10/29/2007 5:11:37 PM
Ever hear the term "Paralysis by over-analysis" ?

I've had a few dates with women who were just overly Analytical. I felt like I was dating a shrink or whatnot.

Needless to say, I didn't want to pursue anything further.

Oh, and before I leave. Ever have a date lie about smoking? I have........ and it is a big turnoff.

Nothing is worse than meeting your date, being impressed with their appearance........and then watching them pull out a cancer stick.
 Tu_ez
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2007 10:21:45 PM
her boyfriend calls and she answers,
2 for 1 coupons (don't try this guys),
the waitress hits on ya and your date can't see the benefit of a little 2 on 1 time,
she tells you right near the start that it's her "special time",

SAY wildpassion you are grabbing boobie in your profile - me thinks you sending the wrong message there luv!
 Beyond the Cleavage
Msg: 229
Posted: 8/7/2010 4:40:19 PM
Talking about their ex or exes in any fashion or for any length of time. I don't mean someone telling you how long they were married or whatever. I mean, descriptions of their relationships - she didn't like, she did this to me, she was...
I'm not interested in strangers'private lives and feel it's an invasion of their exes'privacy.
Shoving their hand up my dress as I sat down. He said he couldn't help it. I know, I'm THAT sexy.
 wolftxusa
Msg: 230
Posted: 8/8/2010 10:46:53 AM
- Being significantly heavier than expected (and than healthy), often goes with deceiving, 10-year-old photos.
- Wearing cheap perfume (I'd rather she wear none). I have bathroom spray that smells better than some perfumes.
- Bad table manners, being difficult with the order (this on the side, that done differently and something substituted), complaining about the food or returning it (unless there is something really wrong with it), ordering the most expensive item on the menu (this reveals character), making the waiter come back repeatedly instead of giving him a list of things that are needed, and so forth. You can tell a lot about somebody on a dinner date...
- Talking about interests like spa (ker-ching), shopping (ker-ching), traveling (ker-ching), theater (ker-ching) and 'the finer things' (ker-ching) before the mention of a not-for-profit hobby like 'walking in the park'.
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 231
Posted: 8/8/2010 10:48:47 AM
not using your head in general.
 snipehunter77
Msg: 234
Posted: 8/11/2010 6:32:25 AM
Being there for reasons other than wanting to be there with me, or even just out to have a fun time. Had two separate dates that turned out to be all about the girl being seen by me by the girl's ex.

One date where the sponsor of an exchange student wanted the girl to quit throwing herself at her older son and arranged a blind date. A German girl, very attractive, but i give extra points for an accent. Kind of treated me like something the cat drug in as I paid her way around the country fair and an 'America' concert. And then wrote to me for two years when she went back home. People are strange.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 235
Posted: 8/11/2010 7:04:07 PM
0. Saying she doesn't care where or what we do, but when a normalized/general suggestion comes out, being disheartened, but refuses to say what she'd like... ie turning into a game of 20 questions playing psychic, while repeating she doesn't care.... while still expressing "ehh" on regular suggestions.

1. Being timid/always-asking about me potentially being a player.
2. Expressing anti-guy sentiments
3. Playing the "No, I shouldn't..." with the motions of "...but please, I'm begging you to convince me, because I really want to, but I don't want to take full responsibility for it" for staying out a little later or having a(nother?) glass of beer/wine.
4. Mentioning "when I meet your mom..." or "when you meet my mom..."
5. Despite the casual approach that's been made clear, trying to push for an ASAP relationship (but to be fair, in their minds, they may not be thinking of it that way; just going with the flow of what drives them I guess without realizing it)
6. Throwing clear mixed-signals
 abelian
Msg: 236
Posted: 8/11/2010 9:27:37 PM
Expecting me to put out just because she paid for dinner.
 Erota
Msg: 237
Posted: 8/11/2010 11:17:11 PM
"When a woman refuses to show respect for the little things like an opened door, or a act of a chivalrous deed. Evey wonder why its a truly dying art these days..
 ILoveFriedEggs
Msg: 238
Posted: 8/12/2010 2:05:07 AM
as the op didn't ask for a list..
umm, i'll say bad breath..oh make that overall hygiene..recall a guy, in his 40s, in front of me in a queue, stunk of i don't know what..just an off smell..probably hadn't washed his clothes..eck.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >