Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 meowsaidthetigress
Msg: 69
what do you men really want: short term or long term relationships?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
yeah but its already made an interesting resurrection-
 smokincigars
Msg: 70
view profile
History
what do you men really want: short term or long term relationships?
Posted: 9/16/2011 6:08:22 PM
Do men prefer short-term or long-term relationships? It depends on the individual man.

Younger men may be more inclined toward short-term, older men toward long-term, but there are tons of exceptions. A man whose last relationship(s) ended badly probably is less optimistic about a relationship lasting long-term, while that may be the only (or primary) interest of a widower who had a wonderful, loving marriage.

Myself, I am currently thinking in terms of just having some pleasant dating experiences while hoping that I will meet someone who makes me want a long-term relationship (and who feels the same way about me). My immediate expectations are not the same as my longer-view hopes. Having a failed marriage behind me, I'm "once burned, twice shy"; I still want long-term, but I'll settle for less.

Added: It isn't all about sex either, at least in my case. The sex was great for both of us, but sex alone wasn't enough to overcome the deeper problems. Perhaps we should have just been FWB or a commited non-marriage relationship; she might have been satisfied with that, I was the one who wanted more.
 TedJMill
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2011 7:31:59 AM
In my case, long but not deep. I'd like a girlfriend to see a couple of times a week, maybe go on vacation together, but not to live with, something romantic and affectionate but not sexual. But I'd like it to keep going like that long-term and comfortable rather than brief and passionate.
 Cynderella
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2011 7:47:27 AM
I feel dating is like crossing a shallow river.
There many rocks to step on to get to that beautiful island.
Many rocks are solid and give good footing, some are slimy and slippery.
Times we fall, times we realize the footing is unstable.
Yet we keep moving on to the next when one feels unsure...In the end you reach the island.
We then look at the path that brought us to this point and exclaim
"Wow that was one heLL of a ride, but all worth it!
 gentleplus
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2011 8:10:14 AM
I feel that Mike is quite correct in what he says..... but there is no solution to the questions that he proposes... let me propose this...

As we each become mature we have the greater option of becoming settled, grounded and balanced..... and still know when to become passionate and interesting in a relationship.... if we get those in right balance we will be in a position to attract those with similar attributes....

Those who are still living like flaky, unsettled persons will attract the players and hoes for sure.... Balance, centeredness, stability, kindness, passion are keys to first of all find in myself before looking to others to meet those qualities.... IMO
 Natgoat
Msg: 74
What do you men really want: short term or long term relationships?
Posted: 9/17/2011 6:57:49 PM
Long Term...Definitely!
I'm miserable, alone...I want someone to share in all the daily activities with.
Even something as dull as doing dishes can be absolute Fun...
with someone to share it with..!!!
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 75
What do you men really want: short term or long term relationships?
Posted: 9/17/2011 7:17:15 PM
Either one is fine with me. While some say they a miserable I on the contrary am quite happy with my single life.

It would take a extraordinary lady to make me even consider marriage. However if I met a lady of the caliber it would take to make me consider it.......I would not hesitate to act upon the chance.

So while long term is not out of the question it is not a concern at all.

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

Also don't forget....

Carpe Cerevisi
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >