Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mcbobly
Msg: 4
view profile
History
MEN !!! What is it that a woman can do to make you guys fall head over heels for them?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Make HIM feel special for a change. I see all the time that women always want to be made to feel special and the only one alive, a guy likes to be made to feel that way too. We have feelings too, and some of us like to feel like we are the true one and only. Believe me, it doesn't really take all that much either, we are pretty simple people, us men.
 airplane_geek
Msg: 13
MEN !!! What is it that a woman can do to make you guys fall head over heels for them?
Posted: 9/1/2005 7:09:04 PM
Return a ****ing e-mail !!!!

Show up naked, bring pizza and good beer. Then don't block the TV.

Really, it's the little things. Nothing you can really describe, but you know it when it happens!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 16
MEN !!! What is it that a woman can do to make you guys fall head over heels for them?
Posted: 9/2/2005 3:26:49 PM
People are interested in interesting people and people who are interested in them. Like blast said, if I'm out with a guy and he starts talking about work and I feel a yawn coming on, I'll steer him off of it. Okay, well you know that's great but I wanna know what you're doing when you're NOT working...something like that. Steer or lead the conversation to something that hopefully interests you both. That's where you find your commonalities and interest and attraction have a chance to grow and build. If you can pull of the humor thing, do it, but don't "try to be funny" if you're trying too hard and it's not natural it usually falls flat. I've never met a man who didn't love to have a woman around that could make him laugh, never. Talking is fine and sometimes you have to draw someone out to get them to talk, but I never learn anything when I'm talking, all that stuff's in my head already. I know my own stories and how I think and feel so I find that by listening attentively I can discover something new about this person and vice versa. If men think you're interesting to talk to and funny and they feel comfortable around you chances are they'll enjoy your company and miss you when you're not around. They'll be thinking of what they want to talk to you about next, or maybe share a funny story you told them on your last date. We all enjoy the physical flattery, you're pretty and you're handsome, etc., but that only lasts so long. We all really want someone who treasures our mind.
Oh and I do happen to make a killer chicken cordon bleu.....hahaha no really!! Five star..
 bucsgirl
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/2/2005 4:09:18 PM
eira My daugher does, I've heard her talk about it many times, also the last theory Einstein was working on when he died, she was trying to solve it. We also talk about Hawking a lot but my interest in physics is somewhat limited. And you're NOT talking to my daughter. I honestly don't think physics is a good first date topic, but hey to each their own...do what works for you.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/2/2005 4:31:07 PM
eira Personally I LOVE Einstein and so does my daughter. She's much more oriented to science than I am but we have riveting discussions. One of the many topics we like to pick apart is theories about brain and cognition in relation to how we learn things. That fascinates the living heck out of me, and I'm far from stupid but science has never been my strongest subject. She's very patient and explains things over and over to me, and I have my own thoughts having now taught college (no longer, burnt out) but when I did, we'd stay up and discuss into the wee hours. I used my classroom as a lab, did many experiments per se, and talked to my students about my methods of teaching and relating to them individually. It was a very enriching experience, I miss somewhat that personal contact and being involved in the learning experience but don't know if I want to teach again or not. It IS very draining. After teaching, I want to just hug and kiss the feet of every instructor, kindergarten through college, those who are personally invested in every student which I was. I think that's what took it out of me. I know this is off topic and I apologize, but my excitement in teaching was not the subject per se but being personally invested myself in the learning and excitement and the experience of each individual student that ever sat through my classes. Brain cognition and the various intelligences...wow, is that exciting stuff to talk about or what???
 bucsgirl
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/2/2005 6:07:14 PM
eira Thanks and I trust you "get it". I do get a little tired of having to explain it to the humor or intellect challenged....just wait for the smaller bus.
 browneyedbeauty41
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/4/2005 9:55:48 AM
First of all make sure you want him to fall first. You may want to subcouinscenly not want a relaitionship yourself and are chasing them off. If I'm wrong then be your self and someone will fall instantly when the time is right.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/6/2005 2:43:24 AM

Place a banana skin on the pathway he usually treads

That ought to trip him......marbles and ball bearings are equally effective subsitutes.

Seriously, if you want him to fall, give him something worth tripping over, men like

1.Plenty of sex
2.warm meals
3. Beer
4.Tickets to the hockey or basketball games

Thats not too much to ask ,is it ?
 tmbmx
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/6/2005 2:51:21 PM
there is no one thing sorry. Everyone is differant. For me it just let me be myself. Yes I am querky but put up with it. I dont think that is too much to ask. I will put up with your faults.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/6/2005 2:53:30 PM
allpleasure Umm except for the blowjob part, couldn't your mother do this for ya?? haha
 blade83p
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/23/2006 11:19:42 AM
umm im sorry but i dont think that is correct for all guys, I know for myself that a honest girl that will not keep secrets. Who will call back when she says so or if she has email, emails to tell a guy that something came up and she couldnt. To me its the little things like in the song by kenny rogers buy her a rose, its just the little things that count the most in life dont have to be always stuck up the others rear. Just show u love the person I mean I have looked for that, where i live for 10 years and havent been able to find it. many people think the sexist jokes are always ok. Well some get offended by them its good if u can take it, but that is not what makes the relationship last. To me its the eyes a whole different language to me, its like a portal to ones soul cause the eyes never lie and to is the most honest thing left in this world.
 Virbuis
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/23/2006 8:54:59 PM
Gotta tag, this. I wil respond later when I get the time.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >