Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > dilema,...PETS LEFT BEHIND,....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 marita_b
Msg: 69
view profile
History
dilema,...PETS LEFT BEHIND,....Page 8 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Morph strikes me as not only someone intelligent,...but also elloquent enough to fight her own battles but,..she seems to be busy,...so let me try in her stead,...

especially since this also applies to me,....so for Appoloosa

NON-RELIGEOUS,....isn't the same thing as NOT SPIRITUAL,....

you can actually believe in A GOD,...just not be a church goer or bibble thumper,...

I personally believe in a GOD,...just not most churches,...and organized religeons,...if you do and it works for you,....well anything to make the day easier I say,....

I actually think those of us who are non denominational or avid church goers have believing as a tougher challenge because we don't march our sins to a drop off location once a week,...we carry them,...learn from them,..(or not),...and some of us do their best to atone for them,....I do know this much,......

None of us ever,....I know that's a strong word but I'm using it on purpose,...

so I say again,...EVER kill to maintain our belief and in order to convert anyone else of our particular point of view,....

course I could be wrong and many of you delight in finding the errors of others,...
so what the heck just call it a challenge,..and go for it,....
 marita_b
Msg: 70
view profile
History
dilema,...PETS LEFT BEHIND,....
Posted: 9/22/2005 6:29:03 AM
catmother you have to be more specific and tell us whom you are responding to,...

but if it's anyone on this page I dare say go read the response again and maybe go back a few pages,...

There has been overt sarcasm used here and trust me,...most of us would not be moved anywhere without our pets and even pick up strays on the way out of town,...

If it's appoloosa your comment was directed towards,....well,...then consider the source the shortsightedness of youth,...

someone who propably has a car,...and enough money for lodging and food while away,...
or at least a credit card,....

It's tough to put yourself in the place of an old fart who has nothing but his little shack and his 2 pit bulls who,..he is informed as,.. they try to extracate him from his home,...that his dogs will upon his departure be euthenized,...he had to look that word up and was shocked when he learned what that meant,....and glad retrospectively he said NO,....shocked when he learned that meant kill,.....not help go gently off into that sweet good night after a long life, and suffering,....,...but kill,...in their prime,....not the same at all

He took steps in his home to stay as safe as possible with his 2 pitts,...had enough food and water for all of them until they eventually came knocking on his door,...3 weeks later,...
and after the storm he took it upon himself to clean and sweep his neighbourhood,....which is I dare say the reason the news guys from CNN were intrigued enough to find out where all the clean came from,....

Sure he could have died but trust me when your old as he is that's not nearly the scarry thing it is at say,...20 something,....and his boys would have been with him,...
all in all not a bad way to go,....I understand this thinking very well,....

astrosky
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2005 6:41:43 AM
I just had to make a comment on what ami had to say:

(from Katrina/Racism thread) where ami stated

there is no state of "desperation" after a mere 36 hours with no food

Some of you people are outrageous! So softhearted!

If it weren't for those of us "taking care of them" they would fizzle out...so be it.

They had the whole world at their disposal. I just can't feel sorry for people that don't want to help themself.

There are a large number of Americans that probably agree with me about not wanting to support people.

And now she says

Kinda spooky with all of the Katrina stuff, now that Houston may need some help, I sure hope other states come through for us

BWHAHAHA! Probably only the "outrageous, softhearted" ones.

Karmic, eh?
 marita_b
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2005 6:45:59 AM
that thread got closed off by the mediator for being flamming,....

marita_b
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2005 7:57:05 AM
So Just FYI,....to me,..

just how far away from the front line are you Chuck?

seeing any convoys go by yet?,....

you know the CNN bunsh would pay for front line info and ....well,....
you never know what you might need in the future,...more is better than less right?
 marita_b
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2005 8:15:45 AM
maybe you should stop reading and go stock up on groceries.....

well unless you don't have a cell that allows for call forwarding from your home to your cell,...

in which case,...keep reading,...
 marita_b
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2005 9:16:02 AM
here here and very well said Appoloosa,...

isn't it amazing how a simple phrase like,....

"people like you" get's everybody's hackles up,....
I know mine went up reading it,...reading your response,...
hackles back to normal,...
 marita_b
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2005 6:36:11 AM
I guess God not giving dogs & cats an opposable thumb (so they can't pull a trigger)

wasn't such a bad idea after all,.....I dare say (prematurely I know)
no other animals have to be put through another nightmare scenario as a result of RITA

yea!!!!!!
 marita_b
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2005 9:24:46 AM
I tried to add the following to the previous post yesterday but I guess I took too long,...
so let me try and tell you this story again,....

While I was sitting here yesterday I had CNN on as back ground noise,...I stopped to listen when one of the reportes came upon a huge metal out building which had collapsed,....

one of the technichal workers with the reporter had heard a whimper and fetched him to check it out,...He discovered a cage,...one of thos plastic on flight transporting types under the colla[psd structure,..inside was a cowarring dog,...they checked and found several other cages that had been dammaged in a manner allowing any animal that might have been inside,..to escape,...the cage did not appear to have any food in it and the only water was what the storm had washed inside,...the dog inside was uninjured and taken in by them until their owner could be found,....

Now it seems that the cage in fact saved the dogs life because it withstood the collaps,...however I have a problem with someone leaving an animal behind for God knows how long,...with no sustenace and in a cage just big enough to turn around in,...

Honestly what are some people thinking,....or rather not thinking,...
some people don't deserve pets,..
 finisheslast
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/3/2005 8:09:32 PM
i've rescued lucy when she was only 7 weeks old, she's now close to 8yrs. there is no way on earth that i'd leave her behind. if we had to walk we would, if we had to swim we would, but it would be both of us. shoot me, call me crazy, but i made a commitment to this dog and i will not leave her. she's been there for me when i needed her in the past, i'll be there for her till the end. goverment orders or not. she may be only a dog, but she's my dog!
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > dilema,...PETS LEFT BEHIND,....