Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bamagrl68
Msg: 92
Are You Always Barefoot?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
ThatGirlNamedAlli- I tried to message you without everyone seeing this, but you have your filters set to where I could not.
Your post has me in nurse mode............
I'm wondering if this could be a circulation issue?
To find out, try this:
Buy a thermometer that you can place on a specific area/your skin.
Place them on your feet in the position you normally sleep in and remember/record, the results.
Next-Place a pillow underneath your feet (elevating them) and repeat. (Do NOT cover your feet, either time, and keep the temperature in your house at the SAME setting, BOTH times, when you do this)
If the result is more than three degrees different, see your doctor and get vascular studies done, please.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 93
Are You Always Barefoot?
Posted: 10/21/2015 8:04:24 PM
Well I want to message you but I can't either. lol. I'll take off my restrictions and you message me k so I can get back to you.
 cotter
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Are You Always Barefoot?
Posted: 10/21/2015 8:20:25 PM
Message 98 ...
Your post has me in nurse mode............
... me too. But you covered it well so I'll just tell my story.

Barefoot in the grass and on my carpet ... when time allows.

I learned quickly in Hawaii and Arizona and Florida ... never to go anywhere inside or outside without footwear that cannot kill biting and stinging bugs. Centipede bites ... the ones with the blue stripe down their back ... are very dangerous .... as are brown recluse bites.

I never got a centipede bite or brown recluse bite, but the fire ants are very unforgiving and even having shoes and socks on will not stop them. They are so mean that they actually work together in their attacks in that they wait until a lot of them are on you ... then give the signal to start biting! It's utterly impossible to get by with only getting one bite.

I got bitten a lot of times in Florida back in 2006 - 2009 ... by fire ants while doing garden work and mowing. Soooo ... in the tropics ... never barefoot. At home in Ohio ... barefoot anywhere I can get by with it!
 A_Forum_Lurker
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Are You Always Barefoot?
Posted: 10/21/2015 9:45:31 PM

ThatGirlNamedAlli:

I even sleep with socks on. Maybe take them off 2, 3 in the morning. I'm so cold so often. I can't wait until it's cold enout at night to put on my electric blanket (then i dont wear socks in bed, and only then and the summer)

Here's a suggestion you may try. Wear a stocking cap to bed at night. It is not because a person loses so much heat through their head, but rather to insulate it. The hypothalamus in the brain controls body temperature and the perception of warmth. By wearing a cap you warm the head and therefore you warm the hypothalamus which decreases your perception of being cold.

So unless you have a circulatory condition like Reynard's syndrome, this may help

Just sayin'...
 marysunshine02
Msg: 96
Are You Always Barefoot?
Posted: 10/21/2015 9:52:35 PM
Ali, I used to have cold feet all the time too. Cold hands, cold feet...just cold. Then came menopause....I haven't been cold in years. They same thing happened to my sister that lives in Vancouver, since menopause she only has on two layers of fleece instead of four and no socks. So hang in there for another 10 or 15 up years and it might change.

And I would try the stocking cap as the theory is valid. Or a hot toddy. Or a hot man. Or hot chocolate and a hot man.
 StarClassic
Msg: 97
Are You Always Barefoot?
Posted: 10/22/2015 8:08:14 AM

And starclassic is still a gentleman...

What'd you accuse me of??? ;) :)
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 98
Are You Always Barefoot?
Posted: 10/22/2015 9:44:09 AM
[QUOTE]Ali, I used to have cold feet all the time too. Cold hands, cold feet...just cold. Then came menopause....I haven't been cold in years. They same thing happened to my sister that lives in Vancouver, since menopause she only has on two layers of fleece instead of four and no socks. So hang in there for another 10 or 15 up years and it might change. [/QUOTE]

When my aunt is sleeping over,the fans are blaring all day and night. I laugh a bit. She says to me "just wait, it's your turn soon!". heh :)

And yes I do have a circulation prob from med. issues in the past.. I just keep bundled up, I have to wear my mittens once it gets too cold outside (I'm lucky I live in vancouver where it's identical to seattle weather). And I get my blood going every day with a exercise bike (which is great too if i come indoors shivering, i just hop on my bike).

Thanks for everyone suggestions and concern :)
 BBEisBack
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Are You Always Barefoot?
Posted: 10/22/2015 3:42:57 PM

[QUOTE]Ali, I used to have cold feet all the time too. Cold hands, cold feet...just cold. Then came menopause....I haven't been cold in years. They same thing happened to my sister that lives in Vancouver, since menopause she only has on two layers of fleece instead of four and no socks. So hang in there for another 10 or 15 up years and it might change. [/QUOTE]

Ali..... use "quote" not "QUOTE"..... Or Copy/Paste the [Quote] This allows you to quote a previous post. [/Quote]
I changed "quote" to "Quote", so it would show, here.... Then Highlight the "This allows you to quote a previous post." & paste in what You want to quote...

Same with when you want to go corner shop and can't be bothered to get out of your PJS

I'd get Arrested for going out in What I sleep in..... Unless I wrapped the sheet around Me as a Toga......
 saltydog02
Msg: 100
Are You Always Barefoot?
Posted: 10/22/2015 6:43:39 PM
I don't know when the trailer park/Walmart shopper clothing style took over but seeing people out and about in bare feet, pj's, underwear hanging out and looking like thy just crawlednoutnof bed after a 24 drunk does make me wonder. Don't they care? I'd never think of going out to pick up milk in my boxers and slippers.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 101
Are You Always Barefoot?
Posted: 10/22/2015 7:07:54 PM

Ali..... use "quote" not "QUOTE"..... Or Copy/Paste the [Quote] This allows you to quote a previous post. [/Quote]
I changed "quote" to "Quote", so it would show, here.... Then Highlight the "This allows you to quote a previous post." & paste in what You want to quote...

heh, yeah I know. I noticed I had the caps on and wondered if that might mess it up. But I thought meh, you get the idea.
 saltydog02
Msg: 102
Are You Always Barefoot?
Posted: 10/22/2015 8:13:08 PM
Your son wears boxers and slippers to pick up milk? Isn't he allowed to have actual clothing? The majority of young people I see are wearing jeans, t shirts and hoodies for casual wear. Many have their pants hanginging below their butt, which IMO is silly but we did silly stuff when we were 18 too. Not liking wearing pj's to the store is not snobbery, it's taste. I'm not about to contact the local government to outlaw it.
 saltydog02
Msg: 103
Are You Always Barefoot?
Posted: 10/22/2015 8:22:23 PM
We're relaxed about clothing here too. It doesn't mean I have to enjoy seeing everyone's underpants and pj's when I go out. And I've been to your city, I've visited Newport, Cardiff And all through Wales by car, loved the north especially. Have you visited here?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 104
Are You Always Barefoot?
Posted: 10/22/2015 8:23:36 PM
Cordovan leather wingtips at work.
GoreTex running shoes when trailrunning
Dr. Martens when casual
Sidi cleats when riding
Barefoot in the shower
 call_me_tater
Msg: 105
Are You Always Barefoot?
Posted: 10/22/2015 9:43:32 PM
Barefoot as much as possible.
Always at home whether indoors or out.
Also barefoot when walking around the neighborhood.
People are used to it.
It's a shame since I have 2 closets of beautiful footwear.
Not a fan of socks unless it's those thick fleecy types and only when I have to.
When I must cover the feet it's either sandals or boots. 99% are flat heels.
I should buy stock in pumice stones.
 Tayfire
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Are You Always Barefoot?
Posted: 10/23/2015 2:12:22 AM
Only in the shower.
Putting on slippers first thing in the morning.
Or wearing sandals on holiday.
 daynadaze
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Are You Always Barefoot?
Posted: 10/23/2015 7:26:44 AM
Now it's foot shaming LOL wear shoes/don't wear shoes, unless you are breaking the law, who cares.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 108
Are You Always Barefoot?
Posted: 10/23/2015 4:32:24 PM
Call me tater- Oh, yes, as I said, I'm barefoot quite a bit.
Your post is pretty much like I am, when it comes to shoes.
I don't wear socks unless I have on tennis shoes.
Most of my shoes are flats also, that is, when I actually have some on.
I'm not sure why I keep buying shoes. :D
 CecillyAnn
Msg: 109
Are You Always Barefoot?
Posted: 2/7/2016 10:07:37 AM
Sock person. My feet get cold.
 Brettybear
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Are You Always Barefoot?
Posted: 11/13/2018 10:39:21 AM
Alright, so I have a thing for women's feet and most women when you mention that on here freek out. Hopefully I can find some women that like their feet apreciated in this group.
 Rumours
Msg: 111
Are You Always Barefoot?
Posted: 11/13/2018 11:40:52 AM
Oh...alright then.
Usually a little shy...haha
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Are You Always Barefoot?
Posted: 11/13/2018 2:47:18 PM
msg#111:
Are You Always Barefoot?
Usually a little shy...haha

I always suspected there was something different about you, Ms Rumours!

hahahaha
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >