Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Do men get off on crazy women?Page 4 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I think it's Kurt Vonnegut who said that all men are jerks and all women are psychotic.

It's funny and depressing at the same time, but it's not actually true.

My life is so low in drama now that most people would probably find it jaw-breakingly boring. I like it that way, though.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 166
Do men get off on crazy women?
Posted: 8/3/2016 7:53:43 AM

Not all men love crazy women. Damaged men who need help, do.

Bingo!!
I had the damaged, immature, chaotic type of man...few ever mature to be happy with a woman that likes stability, normalcy and
insists on "accountability" ....I tried to change/help/love one.
I couldn't /wouldn't feed into that kind of lifestyle....sucked the energy out of me and started changing me.
They are far more suited to stay with a crazy woman of the same ilk.
I prefer a stable man and still can have the mind blowing sex....ymmv.

@Clooney...That'll work too :-)
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 167
Posted: 8/3/2016 7:55:50 AM
What about stable sex with a mind blowing guy?
 hemingway234
Msg: 168
Posted: 8/3/2016 8:01:00 AM
People usually go for who they are attracted to. Some are not very selective and will put up with her even if she's crazy. Others (at least 5% - hey, at least it's a few!) will not.

Still others want their partner to be their whole world - they want an exciting partner (rolls eyes)! They want cartwheels in the bedroom, trips around the world, non-stop adrenaline rush, even if it means drama included (see above).

Still others will put up with a crazy person 'till their partner emotionally beats the love out of them, sometimes after years of marriage, when their partner finally starts to look ugly to them, and they throw in the towel, can't take it anymore, and divorce. Some people are a little slower to learn. They should have seen the writing on the wall - they could have saved themselves years of heartache and pain if they had seen the signs - the red flags.

I'll tell you a short story. A few years ago when I was single and dating, I met a woman from right here, pof. She was a dead ringer for Uma Thurman. I'm not saying Uma is the prettiest there is, but that is not too shabby for an old bald guy! We had so much fun bantering on the first meet, the waitress threatened to have us kicked out! It was one of the best first dates I ever had. We had one more date and then she started with the drama, big time, and I dropped her. It turns out she was bipolar and was manic on that first date. As fun as she could be when her spirits were up, she was da devil when she was down. Some guys (a lot of guys?) would have stayed with her....... or at least played with her for a little while. Don't blame the guys, love is more of a woman's thing.

Clue: A nice, SANE woman in love is fun, yet helpful, RELAXING and COMFORTING - the exact opposite of crazy. Many people have no clue what's really important in a relationship, particularly men. A good relationship is a friendship on fire - but not necessarily the world.

Here is the rule: I don't care how beautiful a person is on the outside, they have to be sane to be a good catch. It's too bad many don't realize this.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >