Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 browneyesboo
Msg: 216
Do men get off on crazy women?Page 6 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

Are you talking to me?

Oh my goodness!
I read this in Robert De Niro's voice and it cracked me up.
I could be crazy.
Anyone not busy tonight?
hahahahaha!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Do men get off on crazy women?
Posted: 8/17/2016 6:33:01 PM
That you say you have a lot of male friends who are with unstable women makes me wonder. I dont know how many times you have been dumped but obviously there was no real passion or excitement. I bet these women you call psycho are hot and there is plenty of chemistry and sizzle going on. If you are cool in relationships, show no sign of wanting to commit, are not passionate, and show no jealousy, that is what is putting them off. They may have just been bored with the whole thing. There is such a thing as being too cool. A bit of fire and jealousy etc adds excitement to a relationship and make up sex is great!!!.
 aussiechick70
Msg: 218
Posted: 8/18/2016 4:10:28 PM
I was told by plenty of men that crazy women are crazy in bed and that's why they get more men
plus men like a challenge at first
someone keep them on there toes
they don't want a boring predictable woman
im guessing eventually it wears thin after a while
im very independent and I was told it can be a put of as men like to feel they can look after he if she doesn't need looking after then he feels inadequate to a degree

this was from men (good men)
 JS3344
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2016 9:42:29 PM
I think maybe we can quantify this discussion by saying, crazy is really only great short term, unless its a fwb situation.
Nope, i don't need a challenge after working all day......nope I don't need someone to keep me on my toes.....and no, predictable women aren't boring, they're reliable.
I once knew a crazy woman who had multiple personalities.....I liked two of her. The last one was an incredible money chucking, cig smoking, bombshell rock star train wreck, and I exited stage left as soon as possible, incredible fun and sex, but a total pain in the ass after awhile......
I'm getting old, and just can't be drinking vodka out of a shoe at 3am anymore.............mellow and normal will be just fine thanks!
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 221
Do men get off on rabbit feet?
Posted: 8/19/2016 5:44:24 PM

You know I don't like to wear any underwear, don't you, Nick?

Cocaine. Have you ever fvcked on cocaine, Nick? It's nice.

- Catherine Tramell (Sharon Stone). Basic Instinct.
 InnerGorilla2
Msg: 222
Posted: 8/23/2016 6:55:50 AM

I was told by plenty of men that crazy women are crazy in bed and that's why they get more men
plus men like a challenge at first
someone keep them on there toes
they don't want a boring predictable woman
im guessing eventually it wears thin after a while

You're right. Crazy women are great in bed. And they are great in bed because they don't give a sh it about preconceive notions of what a proper lady should do or behave like. They are willing to experiment, they are willing to push boundaries. They demand to be pleased, but they also are willing to do everything to please their partner.

It only wears thin or boring when the only think that you have to keep you together is the sex. If you have other things that are part of the fabric of the relationship, then you're crazy together. You are what the normal people point at and say "look at that weird couple being so affectionate in public."
 browneyesboo
Msg: 223
Posted: 8/24/2016 11:47:21 AM
I guess I would need a definition of what people consider crazy.

Also, I think there are a lot of women that don't give a shit about
preconceived notions of what a proper lady should do or would do...
and they aren't crazy at all.

Seems to me real crazy women would have attention span issues
and reality issues...but what do I know? I'm here on a day pass.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 224
Posted: 8/24/2016 1:50:30 PM
"Crazy women are great in bed. And they are great in bed because they don't give a sh it about preconceive notions of what a proper lady should do or behave like. They are willing to experiment, they are willing to push boundaries. They demand to be pleased, but they also are willing to do everything to please their partner. "

I agree , based on personal experience.

Sadly, you'd like to get into a long term with these types but just ...can't ...do it due to the crazy/irrational/unreasonable challenges that go with.

I mean, who wouldn't want to hang onto that amazing bedroom aspect for dear life ????

Am I alone on this one ?
 Karaokephile
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2016 6:07:37 AM
As a man who's dated a seemingly inordinate amount of mentally-ill women (many diagnosed; not just my opinion), I can honestly say it's not by choice. I know it sounds cliche, but by my age, all the good ones are taken. On some level, most crazy women know they're crazy; whether they will admit it or not (after men get sick of her shenanigans, they tell her in no uncertain terms) and try to keep the tools they do have to get a man (looks, great sex). In my experience, most are very attractive and have been able to get away on their looks (at least for a while) all their life. Rather than being held to a reasonable standard by men; when one man gets tired of her craziness and leaves, he's labeled a jerk and she moves on to the next fool standing in line to be mistreated. As her looks fade, since she's never had to face reality in her life, she simply writes more and more men off as jerks, because they'll suffer her antics for shorter and shorter periods of time. Meanwhile, all the attractive, sane women are married or otherwise in long-term healthy relationships with very happy men who had their life together early on and had their pick of women from the start. So, as the choice dwindles more and more to being strictly between unattractive and crazy, I'm forced to pick who I can at least have a physical attraction to. Nobody's here looking for a buddy; we're looking for someone we eventually want to see naked. And before anyone gets all judgy, go find yourself a nice, morbidly obese, bald man to date and stop being a hypocrite.
 revoskeepnus
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2016 5:06:24 PM
yes
repeatedly
and they think about it all day and crave it every moment.

I think
I'm not sure
lemme ask the voices in my head
 Cefoxitin
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2016 10:22:23 PM
No, not at all. But your observation is correct.

At the first sign of crazy I'm out.

What I wonder is what you like to do they they did not etc. If a guy does not think you are having fun in something he really likes it becomes awkward. Then gravitates tward others of the same intrests. And yes, we can tell when you are faking it.

That does not mean try to change yourself it just means find the guy with the same intrests.
 Maleman999
Msg: 228
Posted: 9/7/2016 7:30:57 AM
The only thing worse than a crazy woman is a crazy ex who is not over the break-up.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2016 7:44:18 PM
Clooneys is right, a man will go with crazy if she is also hot. However, what is crazy to one is not to another.
It is a word that is bandied about, a lot.
 Seki1949
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2016 9:15:52 PM

Do men get off on crazy women

Swedish Blond milkmaid looks and bipolar, I fall every time. I think they're flirting; the reality is that they are half-crazy falling apart. 3 months of endorphin bliss followed by increasing misery.

I have learned not to trust my instincts at all. I am a deserter from the Battle of the Sexes.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2016 12:32:49 PM
I'd also join the "yes" chorus...that is, if they're also hot. Not surprisingly, seems that's the overall opinion here.

A qualifier is it depends on what stage you're at in your love life....if you're looking for something you want to keep secret, i.e., an affair, or a work situation where inter office relationships are frowned on...a crazy woman would be the last choice I'd make for obvious reasons. "Fatal Attraction" comes to mind. I'd want to protect my family's pet wabbit.

Now, if I'm single and/or otherwise uncommitted, sure, I'd go for it, and have so in the past. But they do get old fairly quickly for a committed relationship...for a occasional FWB, they're great. I had a crazy, certifiably so, FWB for 10 years in my distant past. It was dynamite...even though I broke the rule I wrote above and saw her during other relationships. When she showed up outside my bedroom window one night, unannounced, well, that's what caused me to make the aforementioned rule above.

She was fine looking, of course, otherwise I'd never have put up with her... but the real turn on was her availability. As long as she wasn't physically with someone else, the booty calls were accepted, no matter what day or time. And outside of showing up at my BR window, she was reasonable; she knew all I wanted was a little. Even if she was in another relationship (at least she said she was, who knows, but I don't doubt it...she was hot). For a single h*rny fast living guy, that was kind of a fantasy. Strike out at the bars...give her a call. And this lasted the better part of 10 years. Her family finally did get her sent off to some type of mental facility. Of course there are long term FWB relationships where the woman isn't crazy...but I've never found one of those.

I eventually moved out of state, and she showed up at my former workplace a couple years after I last saw her...looking for me...thank goodness I was out of there. Now, looking back, now that I'm a bit older and wiser, I feel a bit guilty about that relationship, to be honest.
 InnerGorilla2
Msg: 232
Posted: 9/9/2016 8:58:48 AM

Now, looking back, now that I'm a bit older and wiser, I feel a bit guilty about that relationship, to be honest.

Why? She enjoyed what she did. So did you.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2016 9:32:45 AM

Why? She enjoyed what she did. So did you.

Well, thinking maybe I was taking advantage of someone who just wasn't quite right.

A related story is, I had moved out of state, way out of state, almost 1000 miles away....and took a vacation maybe 5 years later, with a new GF, down to a popular beach town in the SE....also far away from the crazy ex-GF......and I was walking on the coastal boardwalk with the GF, just enjoying life and a beautiful coastal evening...and wouldn't you know it. I spotted her, the crazy ex, alone, in the crowd coming our way, looking kinda empty and glum. I about **** a giant brick. I mean, I freaked out because I knew she'd cause some type of public scene because she'd believe the fact that she just bumped into me, years later, both 100s of miles away from our homes, to be a sign that somehow we were destined to be together. A message from the metaphysical forces of true love! But I thought very quickly and about gave the new GF whiplash when I pulled her into a gift shop, pretending to be interested in some stupid trinket. Whew!!!!!! The crazy ex still looked pretty good but I could tell life hadn't been kind to her since I'd last seen her.
 cooldog65
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2016 5:42:32 AM
^^^^^ If you're adressing this to the original poster who started this thread, you're about 11 years too late.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 236
Posted: 10/3/2016 8:50:17 AM
Oh Cooldog.....You just never "no".....maybe the original poster is still hanging around.
Who Nos?
Shakes...just may have a chance....
 perspektiv
Msg: 237
Posted: 10/7/2016 10:02:48 PM
I think its a maturity thing, to be honest.

Just like an immature girl, will lose her mind, over a bad boy, that makes her feel like an afterthought all the time. Just the thought of a highly unpredictable man, will just make her blood go hot.
Women, tend to like men with a backbone, that will respect her.

I see it the same way with guys going for the cray cray types. The boys, will love the drama, and the so called "passion" of a rollercoaster relationship, that goes hand in hand with this type of woman.

Any mature men, would stray from these types, and would seek companionship from someone with a head on their shoulders.

If you're in your 40's, still seeking that drama filled off/on relationship with the psychotic women, odds are you have a highly stunted level of maturity. You probably still live at home, and have zero ambition, to boot.
 perspektiv
Msg: 240
Posted: 10/22/2016 5:42:32 PM

we're good in bed, fun to be around, and definitely keep things interesting

I don't think its worth the roller-coaster relationship, though. Some people love the drama, but to me, it has a lot to do with maturity. If a man is smart, they'd use the crazy ones, for flings, and one night stands in between relationships.

You don't try to turn a crazy one, into a wife. Divorcing one, is nasty.

Also, healthy relationships are about slow burning fires. Crazy ones, bring fireworks, which may be mistaken for passion. However, love hate relationships, are highly toxic, and the toll on your health, is so not worth the freakier sex.

I dated one crazy one, and definitely would not make that mistake, again.
 perspektiv
Msg: 241
Posted: 10/22/2016 5:44:50 PM
Also, "boring" is subjective as is crazy.

I'm eluding to the crazy type, that is highly unpredictable, and love drama and likely have stunted maturity levels. Also, the type, that would be insanely possessive and bring with them, tons of toxicity.
 perspektiv
Msg: 243
Posted: 10/23/2016 4:11:22 AM

someone emotionally intelligent

If they were emotionally intelligent, they wouldn't qualify as cray.

I think you're labeling yourself as crazy, but are more quirky than anything. Or, "good" crazy. Someone, fun to be around.
I think this thread, is not about people who have great care free personalities.

This thread as far as I'm concerned, is about the "bad crazy" types.

So, someone emotionally stunted, immature--high conflict, and overall toxic to be around.

If she'll sock a woman you've bumped into while strolling in your downtown core looking for a restaurant, she qualifies. If she later finds out post outburst, that the woman was your manager--she passes the cray test with flying colors.

If your description of yourself is accurate, you're not the type of woman my friends would warn me about.

If she's cray, your friends will pull you aside, and need to voice their opinion on her being "bad for you".
"You're way too good for her", "she's bad news". That's the type of cray we're working with.

Find her in your bed, with another man, and she'll turn it on you, and try to convince you you're at fault, cray.

I guess our opinions of crazy is different.
 perspektiv
Msg: 245
Posted: 10/23/2016 4:34:31 AM
Well, basically, if you've been in nothing but toxic or love-hate relationships, then odds are, you are bad crazy.

That's the type of woman, I'm at least eluding to, as not worth it. Relationships with women like this, are roller-coasters, and yes, eventually stabilize, but you're at the end of your rope, once they do. The damage is already done, hence these relationships rarely if never working out long term.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 248
Posted: 10/23/2016 6:34:13 AM
I find that when men or women for that matter get dumped they'll often call the person who ditched them crazy.
I've even asked them but you married them! Perhaps it is situational, one person crazy is anothers love of their Life
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >