Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 248
Do men get off on crazy women?Page 9 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I find that when men or women for that matter get dumped they'll often call the person who ditched them crazy.
I've even asked them but you married them! Perhaps it is situational, one person crazy is anothers love of their Life
 perspektiv
Msg: 249
Do men get off on crazy women?
Posted: 10/23/2016 3:40:57 PM

one person crazy is anothers love of their Life

If someone is toxic, it doesn't matter if their s/o's love them. They're still toxic.
Reality, is some love drama. So, there's someone out there for anyone. I mean, I see homeless people strung out on drugs, with significant others.
 perspektiv
Msg: 250
Posted: 10/23/2016 3:42:30 PM

men or women for that matter get dumped they'll often call the person who ditched them crazy.

Love is blind. My attitude, is if you date a crazy one, and keep doing it, the fingers point at you. You only have yourself to blame.
 JS3344
Msg: 251
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2016 3:52:53 PM
perspektiv is correct......we're not calling someone crazy as a defensive reaction to a breakup, but to someone who is "off", abnormal emotional swings and behavior, you can see it in the eyes......if you've experienced it, then you know....
 InnerGorilla2
Msg: 252
Posted: 10/25/2016 1:29:03 PM

You only have yourself to blame.

Blame? What about simply realize that you more than likely are as bad s h it crazy as they are.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2016 10:50:49 PM

Men get off on a lot of women. Crazy women are usually the more entertaining for getting off. Just look at a typical single guy's video collection! Certainly no videos of Mary Poppins, so yeah, there's plenty of crazy/naughty/dangerous women in just about any selection he'll get off on... ;)

I am a 30 year old women with no baggage and have always been cool in relationships

Well, this was 11 years ago, so hopefully things have gotten better...

but this cool attitude still leads to me being dumped on

That happens, though. With everyone, directly or indirectly... where things initially started going downhill way back when, regardless of who-dumped-who, when the other person was going awry/unhappy. Compatibility issues, timing, and other things can play a role in that.

I have a lot of male friends and they all date physco birds who treat them really badly

It's not that they're psycho. I'm sure some are close to it, but we only really hear it One-Sided + Negative, so don't put Too much stock in it. Basically, guys can say the same thing. A guy's not in great shape or great looking or too short, etc -- and his female friends pine about finding a great guy... but they'll end up with jerks. Again, it's all one-sided, biased dramatizations they'll get, but you Will see many at least Questionable -- certainly for someone who's pining for a great guy or gal. So what gives?

#1. Attraction. Guys and Gals will put up with more if they're physically attractive. Physical attraction conveys a certain assumed type, too, and affects our comfort zone going in. We overlook things in a honeymoon or winning-over phase... then when things settle, the more attractive person isn't 'feeling it' as much underneath, it brings out the worst in them, which usually isn't very good at all because they could have gone for someone more attractive in the first place. What you describe, many times, is a by-product of someone with someone else out of their league or close to it, out of the blue.

#2. Their interest level VS ours. This affects people in different ways, but there's more people than who admit to this: If someone is a good catch in their eyes, and isn't That into them.... or seemed to be but it may be fleeting -- a certain amount of 'chase' timed the right way will raise their stock value. I'm not talking about some Completely Obvious chasing game -- but something that Is there, but just not enough day-to-day. A bit of a chase underneath. Some will chase this where they otherwise wouldn't so much. They'll be thinking less about incompatibilities and long-term effects, and more about feeling joys on days where they do feel won over. Anyway, I'm getting too complicated. Point is, we'll overlook flaws -- including being a little too out there. Then, when that person becomes Less interested in us, they'll act awry because they weren't So Much into us in the first place... awry enough to fit the "crazy" or "wack" or "psycho" label when telling our friends about it all. :)
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 254
Posted: 10/25/2016 10:58:34 PM
Uhhh... Buddy? I'm pretty sure there are men out there with Mary Poppins kinks. In fact, I doubt it's coincidence that you brought up her name. You got yourself a bit of an umbrella fetish, by chance?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 255
Posted: 10/26/2016 5:20:18 AM
" do you like gladiator movies?"
Julie Andrews pretty hot btw.
 perspektiv
Msg: 256
Posted: 10/26/2016 5:55:30 PM

What about simply realize that you more than likely are as bad s h it crazy as they are.

That would be like saying someone who gets raped, looked for it (if they were dressed racy).
A person that is mentally unstable, likely won't show signs of it initially.

However, there are patterns. If you don't pick up on them, and repeat. Its on you.

To say that a person making an error in judgment is as crazy, as the person they made the error judgment on, is saying you can't make mistakes.

A one off mistake, can be labelled as such. A pattern, and fingers point to you.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 257
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2016 6:42:52 PM

Uhhh... Buddy? I'm pretty sure there are men out there with Mary Poppins kinks. In fact, I doubt it's coincidence that you brought up her name.

Well, last Halloween, I met a mutually drunk gal dressed as Mary Poppins. We started to get cozy away from everything else, and one thing was leading to another... I tried telling her that a spoonful of sugar will help my medicine go down, but she wasn't having it. When I told her it'd make it go down in the most delightful way, all I got was an umbrella shoved up my you-know-what! :)
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 258
Posted: 10/26/2016 6:45:59 PM
^ Was it pointy, or did it have one of those knob thingies on the end?
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 259
Posted: 10/26/2016 8:41:03 PM
And was it supercalifrajilisticexpealidocious?

I'm really glad that wasn't autocorrected. Hate to think what it might have been.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 260
Posted: 10/26/2016 8:54:04 PM
^ You seem to be one of those people who can turn anything into something dirty.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 261
Posted: 10/26/2016 9:11:15 PM
And you seem to pretty familiar with Disney themed fetishes. You always have to watch the ones who treat the Disney store as a sex toy shop.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 262
Posted: 10/26/2016 9:20:14 PM
^ You know what? Your fantasizing about me as Minnie Mouse is getting kinda old.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 263
Posted: 10/26/2016 9:37:03 PM
No. I'M Minnie Mouse. You're Mickey. How many times do we need to go over this?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2016 6:06:26 PM

^ Was it pointy, or did it have one of those knob thingies on the end?

The knob. It was throwing it's shoulder Into me....

^ You seem to be one of those people who can turn anything into something dirty.

That used to be my pickup line, but I never fared very well with that... Of course, easier if a gal says it.

No. I'M Minnie Mouse. You're Mickey. How many times do we need to go over this?

Ooooooh, you guys are getting Furry! :)

http://nypost.com/2016/05/06/inside-the-life-of-a-furry/
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 265
Posted: 10/27/2016 6:37:07 PM
Shhh! I'm breaking him in gently. I've just got him started wearing onesies :)
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 266
Posted: 10/27/2016 6:43:10 PM
Shhh. She thinks she's introducing me to this. My end game is to convince her to get ear enlargement surgery. Big implants.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 267
Posted: 10/27/2016 6:49:29 PM
Big ears? I was hoping we were going to be horses.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 268
Do men get off on crazy women?t
Posted: 10/27/2016 7:09:12 PM
There's only one part of a horse you're interested in. It's that soft tail. I know.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2016 1:13:02 PM

Shhh! I'm breaking him in gently. I've just got him started wearing onesies :)

Yes, a lot more gentle than Mary Poppins' umbrella tip thrown right up there! :)
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 270
Posted: 10/28/2016 5:31:16 PM
^ Do you need to talk about it?

(Uh-oh.)
 Strider324
Msg: 271
Posted: 11/21/2016 5:26:09 PM
"They had one thing in common, they were good in bed.
She said 'Call the doctor, the lights are turning red...'"

;-)
 matthew832016
Msg: 272
Posted: 11/30/2016 3:13:47 AM

would love some responses on this topic as I am a 30 year old women with no baggage and have always been cool in relationships and have never tried to tie a man down and tell him to change or tell him what he can and cannot do but this cool attitude still leads to me being dumped on. I have a lot of male friends and they all date physco birds who treat them really badly but they still go back for more!!! Should I become a **** to attract more men or should I stay cool and wait for a man that loves me for being cool?

Yes, I do get off on crazy women. A crazy woman will go to a shooting range, camping in the snow, enjoy a little rowdiness in life, enjoy a spontaneous trip to the mountains to free climb, and overall, fit in well with how I live life 75% of the time (with 25% or so dedicated to sleeping).
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >