Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RushLuv
Msg: 81
Interracial datingPage 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Lol, I don't know....your study might be flawed because you like Italian Men over Black Men.

That is not true. I prefer black men overall, and I never revealed who was better in bed. I jokingly stated, "We have a winner."

Black and Italian men (European) are the perfect fit, and I also like Hispanic men. I'm an interracial dater overall.
 cenomeno
Msg: 82
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/10/2010 10:04:00 AM
You can't make "everybody happy".... I've been called racist before because I said I wasn't attracted to certain body type .... that particular body type being very common among certain races.... automatically made me a "racist" in the eyes of some small brained individuals ....

oh whateverthefukever.... We are not even allowed to have preferences anymore...

Can't stand those green people. Liars and cheats, every last one of 'em...

Also stay away from "purple" ones... they blow up........... literally!

coastcity
Msg: 83
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/10/2010 3:04:31 PM
There is a difference between a preference and a requirement. A preference is when you like a certain type. But you would consider dating other types. A requirement is when a person must be exactly and only that type. Is having a racial requirement racist? Not necessarily. Depends on the reasons for it. But it can be self limiting. Personal example. I am generally not interested in Asians. But I wouldn't say that I don't date Asians. Because there could always be a few exceptions. If I met an Asian that I was attracted to, then I would consider dating him. That's just my viewpoint though.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 84
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/11/2010 7:34:55 AM

(DES)Can't stand those green people. Liars and cheats, every last one of 'em...

(cenomeno) Also stay away from "purple" ones... they blow up........... literally!

Don't get me started...

Dr. ES...
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 85
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/11/2010 1:39:40 PM
You will wreck your brain trying to figure out some kind of system or preference chart for interracial dating. Even in the same country, the attitudes of locals can change significantly as you travel across the land.

I've dated all colors, but what I found odd is that white brunettes would always turn me away, while blondes would practically jump in my lap. And yes, I've encountered those black women who wouldn't touch me with a 10-foot pole, but were first to throw rocks when I dated white girls.

Date who ya's want.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 86
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/13/2010 8:00:08 AM
[qu0te] (cenomeno) Also stay away from "purple" ones...

If you strangle a purple person, what colour does he turn?

Dr. ES...
 frienddougie
Msg: 87
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/26/2010 9:36:17 AM
"Before you can read me you gotta learn how to see me, I said
Free your mind and the rest will follow
Be color blind, don't be so shallow"
 letsgocanes11
Msg: 88
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/26/2010 11:39:27 AM
I once dated a very sweet girl outside my race. I used to be against it until I found myself doing it and it really opened up my eyes to it being accepted. However, the people that did not accept it were my parents. They were afraid that if things got serious and we ended up having kids those kids would have a hard time with other kids because those other kids would be unsure of what exactly the kids were race wise.

The girl I was dating went through this same problem. She was milano. She told me stories how the black girls didn't accept her because she wasn't fully black and the white girls didn't know what she was so she had a really hard time growing up and people were really mean to her in middle school and high school. It is sad society is still like this here in the south but what can you do? Kids are brutal.
 frienddougie
Msg: 89
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/26/2010 11:54:24 AM

However, the people that did not accept it were my parents.

Your parents seeming lack of acceptance was not because of her race but knowing the realities of the real world and how cruel and hateful people can be. Much like the parents were in the movie Guess Who's Coming to Dinner.

I see your situation as completely different. Had you and the young lady become serious I bet your parents would have loved her and supported you both know matter what.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 90
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/26/2010 12:16:35 PM
^^^^perhaps dougie, but gocanes is from the south of the United States (fka Conferderates States of America). if his parents grew up in the south, then that also adds into it. while there is tons of opportunities to date interracially black/white in the south (due to the higher population of african americans in this part of the country) to the older generations, it can still be frowned upon perhaps greater than current generations.

people are still concerned about perceptions and many times those perceptions are merely based on race, as opposed to the actual class any particular person and their own family background.
 frienddougie
Msg: 91
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/26/2010 1:33:50 PM

^^^^perhaps dougie, but gocanes is from the south of the United States (fka Conferderates States of America). if his parents grew up in the south, then that also adds into it.

Point taken, Boon. We all know you Americans are ****in' crazy.

Seriously, I lived in the US for eight years so I'm quite aware of the racial tensions. I had got the evil-eye from more than one Black man who could chew me up and spit me out.

I remember reading one time that the only way for the old ways to end, the older generations need to die off first. Unfortunately, their ways have already been passed on to the younger generation.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 92
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/26/2010 1:42:04 PM

I remember reading one time that the only way for the old ways to end, the older generations need to die off first. Unfortunately, their ways have already been passed on to the younger generation.

racism is a part of every single society on earth. right, wrong or indifferent- that is a fact of life.

where one person will be on the bottom in one society, they could be higher in another society.

it is what it is, seeking to minimize it within your own outlook on life is the best you can find and finding like minded people to surround yourself with.
 Boon100
Msg: 93
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/26/2010 3:37:01 PM
im sorta in the same situation. ive always wanted to date indian girls but interracial dating is hard in this case. i suggest u give up.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/27/2010 5:41:40 AM

The girl I was dating went through this same problem. She was milano. She told me stories how the black girls didn't accept her because she wasn't fully black and the white girls didn't know what she was so she had a really hard time growing up and people were really mean to her in middle school and high school.

Milano? Do you mean mulatto, aka biracial?
 dendawg
Msg: 95
Interracial dating
Posted: 1/16/2011 11:32:08 AM
I don't have any racial preference when it comes to women....white, black, asian, etc...it doesn't matter, it's all pink inside, and ****'s ****
 Butterfly~Effect
Msg: 96
Interracial dating
Posted: 1/16/2011 3:47:09 PM

I'd like to know what everyone's opinions are about this, specifically Arab-Americans and Caucasian-Americans. Many Arabic men are offended at the thought of a Caucasian male dating an Arabic woman, but Arabic men see no problem in dating Caucasian women. Any responses to this would be helpful? and if anyone sees the hypocrisy in this, let me know.....

Of course there is hypocrisy in this...but what do you do? Not much you can do obviously. From the Arabian men that I have met...most will DATE a white woman but when it comes the ACTUAL relationship/marriage with a Caucasian they will choose an Arabian woman. If the men are Muslim, there is far too much pressure from the family to marry another Muslim and if they are of the Druze faith...then they would be strictly forbidden to marry outside their own faith.

I haven't studied any of this and if I'm wrong on some points, I apologize but this is the gist of what I picked up after working for years with many people from the Muslim faith.

Also, I did date a Muslim man briefly, years ago...but his family was worried that it would go beyond dating. They were very nice to me...but his father sat me down and explained that the relationship would have to end at some point as they would not give their permission for him to marry anyone that was not of the Muslim faith. And...while some families will allow the partner to convert...this man's father was against it. He wanted his son to marry someone of a 'true blood'. It's funny because we did break up shortly after and he (the man I was dating) continued dating caucasian woman many years and each time...his father refused to give his permission for marriage . Last I heard he did get married (at age 43) to a much younger woman from Lebanon.

I personally have no problem with interracial dating....color means nothing but I will admit that I would be hesitant to date someone due to cultural upbringing.
Msg: 97
Interracial dating
Posted: 1/16/2011 11:54:19 PM
I would and have dated outside my race but would never date Muslim Arabic men.I would only seriously date someone who is of the same faith as me and Arabic men tend to be misogynist at best.

I have dated first nations men and Asian men.For me it's more about culture then race.
 I speak and write.
Msg: 98
Interracial dating
Posted: 10/18/2011 12:51:18 AM
I think it's rare to see a Muslim male with a western woman because a western woman would not allow herself to be treated the way a Muslim woman does, no way. Tell a western woman to cover everything except her eyes, or walk 10 paces behind.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 99
Interracial dating
Posted: 10/18/2011 2:33:54 AM
^^^ thx for that add i speak and write - YET...the vast majority of folks in this country refer to ""interracial dating"" as being between whites and blacks...

whites and orientals get a bit of play on it as well, but its not as ""taboo"" as white/black.

white/Arab...

hardly a biline....
 home_osorio
Msg: 100
Interracial dating
Posted: 10/18/2011 7:21:21 AM
all my dates have been interracial. most or majority of the men i've dated are black. i've dated hispanics and a chinese guy. i haven't dated a filipino yet though and i am filipino. i guess they don't like me. = (
 home_osorio
Msg: 101
Interracial dating
Posted: 10/18/2011 9:31:42 AM

Milano? Do you mean mulatto, aka biracial?

PRECISELY. i was like MILANO??? you mean the abnormal skin pigmentation??? or you meant mulatto?? funny.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 10/18/2011 3:31:04 PM
Also, I did date a Muslim man briefly, years ago...but his family was worried that it would go beyond dating. They were very nice to me...but his father sat me down and explained that the relationship would have to end at some point as they would not give their permission for him to marry anyone that was not of the Muslim faith. And...while some families will allow the partner to convert...this man's father was against it. He wanted his son to marry someone of a 'true blood'. It's funny because we did break up shortly after and he (the man I was dating) continued dating caucasian woman many years and each time...his father refused to give his permission for marriage . Last I heard he did get married (at age 43) to a much younger woman from Lebanon.

And..chances are, he is still messing with Caucasian women..

My daughter's girls are triracial; 1/3 Native America (my late wife), 1/3 Caucasian (me), and 1/3 Black (their fathers). The eldest is 'embracing' her black culture, and is in full diva/biotch mode right now. Won't talk to me...I'm an old white dude.
Eh, it's a phase, she's 19..knows it all..etc.
 kcladyz
Msg: 103
Interracial dating
Posted: 10/23/2011 7:23:28 AM

The Arabs treat the women like shit, they are property. Any thoughts of a woman seeking her own way, let alone her own sexual or emotional satifsaction, are highly offensive to them. For a woman totally immersed in that culture, those kinds of thoughts are extremely radical.
The men, no matter how ignorant, are IN CHARGE. It's actually the law in most of the places they reign. These men have VERY fragile egos.

Humans are an ugly fukkin breed.

every woman i know that was ever in a relationship with a middle eastern man was abused and beaten and when they broke it off they were followed and stalked... each and every time.
 NobadeeFTW
Msg: 104
Interracial dating
Posted: 10/23/2011 2:22:13 PM

You are confusing culture with religion. The vast majority of the billions of women in this world who follow Islam do not 'cover.' Lots of Muslim men are with non-Muslim women. It's not rare, it actually happens often. Your reference is to how some people live in the Middle East, which is about 5% of the total world wide Muslim population.

Religion is culture in many parts of the world, such as America. Or do we not print "In God We Trust" on those things we use to buy happiness?

Culture - An integrated pattern of human knowledge, -->belief<--, and behavior that depends upon the capacity for symbolic thought and social learning.
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 105
Interracial dating
Posted: 10/24/2011 5:07:30 PM
I have to date IR Ive yet to find someone the same mix as me let alone the religions that go along with the different cultures. When I was a kid I didnt really know we were different just figured my dad was a really good cook.

In regards to the few that had negative remarks towards muslim men? Really? Do you know these men personally or just what you read in the paper or see on youtube? I work with many arab / muslims even arab / jews that are very thoughtful and considerate. Truly loving their spouse and honor them in every way. As for the mixed younger ones their babys are beautiful and happy so something must be working!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >