Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dendawg
Msg: 95
Interracial datingPage 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I don't have any racial preference when it comes to women....white, black, asian, etc...it doesn't matter, it's all pink inside, and ****'s ****
 Butterfly~Effect
Msg: 96
Interracial dating
Posted: 1/16/2011 3:47:09 PM

I'd like to know what everyone's opinions are about this, specifically Arab-Americans and Caucasian-Americans. Many Arabic men are offended at the thought of a Caucasian male dating an Arabic woman, but Arabic men see no problem in dating Caucasian women. Any responses to this would be helpful? and if anyone sees the hypocrisy in this, let me know.....

Of course there is hypocrisy in this...but what do you do? Not much you can do obviously. From the Arabian men that I have met...most will DATE a white woman but when it comes the ACTUAL relationship/marriage with a Caucasian they will choose an Arabian woman. If the men are Muslim, there is far too much pressure from the family to marry another Muslim and if they are of the Druze faith...then they would be strictly forbidden to marry outside their own faith.

I haven't studied any of this and if I'm wrong on some points, I apologize but this is the gist of what I picked up after working for years with many people from the Muslim faith.

Also, I did date a Muslim man briefly, years ago...but his family was worried that it would go beyond dating. They were very nice to me...but his father sat me down and explained that the relationship would have to end at some point as they would not give their permission for him to marry anyone that was not of the Muslim faith. And...while some families will allow the partner to convert...this man's father was against it. He wanted his son to marry someone of a 'true blood'. It's funny because we did break up shortly after and he (the man I was dating) continued dating caucasian woman many years and each time...his father refused to give his permission for marriage . Last I heard he did get married (at age 43) to a much younger woman from Lebanon.

I personally have no problem with interracial dating....color means nothing but I will admit that I would be hesitant to date someone due to cultural upbringing.
Msg: 97
Interracial dating
Posted: 1/16/2011 11:54:19 PM
I would and have dated outside my race but would never date Muslim Arabic men.I would only seriously date someone who is of the same faith as me and Arabic men tend to be misogynist at best.

I have dated first nations men and Asian men.For me it's more about culture then race.
 I speak and write.
Msg: 98
Interracial dating
Posted: 10/18/2011 12:51:18 AM
I think it's rare to see a Muslim male with a western woman because a western woman would not allow herself to be treated the way a Muslim woman does, no way. Tell a western woman to cover everything except her eyes, or walk 10 paces behind.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 99
Interracial dating
Posted: 10/18/2011 2:33:54 AM
^^^ thx for that add i speak and write - YET...the vast majority of folks in this country refer to ""interracial dating"" as being between whites and blacks...

whites and orientals get a bit of play on it as well, but its not as ""taboo"" as white/black.

white/Arab...

hardly a biline....
 home_osorio
Msg: 100
Interracial dating
Posted: 10/18/2011 7:21:21 AM
all my dates have been interracial. most or majority of the men i've dated are black. i've dated hispanics and a chinese guy. i haven't dated a filipino yet though and i am filipino. i guess they don't like me. = (
 home_osorio
Msg: 101
Interracial dating
Posted: 10/18/2011 9:31:42 AM

Milano? Do you mean mulatto, aka biracial?

PRECISELY. i was like MILANO??? you mean the abnormal skin pigmentation??? or you meant mulatto?? funny.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 10/18/2011 3:31:04 PM
Also, I did date a Muslim man briefly, years ago...but his family was worried that it would go beyond dating. They were very nice to me...but his father sat me down and explained that the relationship would have to end at some point as they would not give their permission for him to marry anyone that was not of the Muslim faith. And...while some families will allow the partner to convert...this man's father was against it. He wanted his son to marry someone of a 'true blood'. It's funny because we did break up shortly after and he (the man I was dating) continued dating caucasian woman many years and each time...his father refused to give his permission for marriage . Last I heard he did get married (at age 43) to a much younger woman from Lebanon.

And..chances are, he is still messing with Caucasian women..

My daughter's girls are triracial; 1/3 Native America (my late wife), 1/3 Caucasian (me), and 1/3 Black (their fathers). The eldest is 'embracing' her black culture, and is in full diva/biotch mode right now. Won't talk to me...I'm an old white dude.
Eh, it's a phase, she's 19..knows it all..etc.
 kcladyz
Msg: 103
Interracial dating
Posted: 10/23/2011 7:23:28 AM

The Arabs treat the women like shit, they are property. Any thoughts of a woman seeking her own way, let alone her own sexual or emotional satifsaction, are highly offensive to them. For a woman totally immersed in that culture, those kinds of thoughts are extremely radical.
The men, no matter how ignorant, are IN CHARGE. It's actually the law in most of the places they reign. These men have VERY fragile egos.

Humans are an ugly fukkin breed.

every woman i know that was ever in a relationship with a middle eastern man was abused and beaten and when they broke it off they were followed and stalked... each and every time.
 NobadeeFTW
Msg: 104
Interracial dating
Posted: 10/23/2011 2:22:13 PM

You are confusing culture with religion. The vast majority of the billions of women in this world who follow Islam do not 'cover.' Lots of Muslim men are with non-Muslim women. It's not rare, it actually happens often. Your reference is to how some people live in the Middle East, which is about 5% of the total world wide Muslim population.

Religion is culture in many parts of the world, such as America. Or do we not print "In God We Trust" on those things we use to buy happiness?

Culture - An integrated pattern of human knowledge, -->belief<--, and behavior that depends upon the capacity for symbolic thought and social learning.
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 105
Interracial dating
Posted: 10/24/2011 5:07:30 PM
I have to date IR Ive yet to find someone the same mix as me let alone the religions that go along with the different cultures. When I was a kid I didnt really know we were different just figured my dad was a really good cook.

In regards to the few that had negative remarks towards muslim men? Really? Do you know these men personally or just what you read in the paper or see on youtube? I work with many arab / muslims even arab / jews that are very thoughtful and considerate. Truly loving their spouse and honor them in every way. As for the mixed younger ones their babys are beautiful and happy so something must be working!
 virVerus
Msg: 106
Interracial dating
Posted: 10/25/2011 11:18:31 PM

I'd like to know what everyone's opinions are about this, specifically Arab-Americans and Caucasian-Americans. Many Arabic men are offended at the thought of a Caucasian male dating an Arabic woman, but Arabic men see no problem in dating Caucasian women. Any responses to this would be helpful? and if anyone sees the hypocrisy in this, let me know.....

It's more about religion than it is about race. In the Koran there's a verse which says that a Muslim man can marry a Christian or Jewish woman; on the other hand, it's forbidden for a non-Muslim man to marry a Muslim woman. Most likely in their culture the men are the ones in charge of religious training for kids.
 Rotifunk
Msg: 107
Interracial dating
Posted: 11/13/2011 2:58:43 AM
Quite an interesting dialogue with Ahron, I understood what you said from your first posting. It never insinuated generalisation either, but of course, there are those who will read this and interprete as such. My thoughts....you should not have wasted your time explaining this, people tend to believe and interprete statements in various ways. If you are familiar with political spins you will understand. I will subscribe to some of your assertions, though there are exceptions, hence reducing risks of branding and being a stereotype. This occurs across all races.
 viper1j
Msg: 108
Interracial dating
Posted: 11/13/2011 7:25:21 AM
I've always had a thing for that green chick from Orion 5 in the Star Trek shows. But I heard not so long ago that the blue chicks that live on Epsilon 3 are REALLY good!

And you know what they say, once you go blue, you never go back..
 SoBayNative
Msg: 109
Interracial dating
Posted: 11/13/2011 8:04:50 AM

It's more about religion than it is about race. In the Koran there's a verse which says that a Muslim man can marry a Christian or Jewish woman; on the other hand, it's forbidden for a non-Muslim man to marry a Muslim woman. Most likely in their culture the men are the ones in charge of religious training for kids

Yes, religion is passed on through the father in Islam so if a Muslim woman marries a non-Muslim man then there's a chance the children could be of a another religion. Muslims are allowed to marry other people "of the book" because they accept the old and new testaments.
Interestingly while they are allowed to marry Jewish women, in Judaism religion is passed through the mother so there'd be an issue because the children would be officially Jewish and officially Muslim.
 viper1j
Msg: 110
Interracial dating
Posted: 11/13/2011 1:09:54 PM

its quite common issue with most men, sad but true not just limited to arab men. we men just need to grow up and open our eyes a bit more

The real dichotomy lies in the fact that most women that say they won't date a black guy, see no problem with dating cousin Billybobdannyfrank.

That doesn't really hold true for the men..
 Rotifunk
Msg: 111
Interracial dating
Posted: 11/13/2011 1:30:01 PM
You got a point there. The converse in terms of gender and racial preferences is also true. So let us all BE!
 OutMind
Msg: 112
Interracial dating
Posted: 6/13/2013 8:00:24 AM

I have dated men from, every race that there is

Cat, have you dated an eskimo? How about a pigmy?

;-)
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 6/13/2013 8:10:35 AM

Cat, have you dated an eskimo? How about a pigmy?

I asked an Eskimo girl out once...she gave me the cold shoulder.
I dated a pigmy once...we never got beyond small talk.
 summerdelight85
Msg: 114
Interracial dating
Posted: 6/15/2013 12:06:52 AM
I was told by a middle school student that it's a culture thing where men can date and marry any women of any cultures but the women has to marry into their culture. More like control! That culture treats women as second class and thus for their women to marry a white man is uncalled for due to their treasures are being taken away. Some crap like that. It's where men can do anything but a woman has to be kept under control.
 premed10
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 6/15/2013 2:51:09 PM
True, black women are like that with black men too.
 LathaMath
Msg: 116
Interracial dating
Posted: 6/15/2013 3:12:28 PM

The girl I was dating went through this same problem. She was milano. She told me stories how the black girls didn't accept her because she wasn't fully black and the white girls didn't know what she was so she had a really hard time growing up and people were really mean to her in middle school and high school.

Milano? Do you mean mulatto, aka biracial?
No, he means she was from Milan, Itlay. Italians are all crazy. They'll tell you that themsleves. Watch your step. :)
 theanswerguy2
Msg: 117
Interracial dating
Posted: 6/17/2013 3:00:09 PM

The girl I was dating went through this same problem. She was milano.

Alyssa Milano???

Lucky you.
 Debyduz_
Msg: 118
Interracial dating
Posted: 6/17/2013 7:34:43 PM
Someday I hope this no longer an issue.

You are correct. I get many Arab men chasing me yet they want to keep their good Arab wife at home and all hell breaks lose if an Arab woman dates a Caucasian male. I have experienced this with many different types. I will date you and have sex with you but never marry you. The minute I sense any of these attitudes, I run. I especially hate those who want to just date me because I am white.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 7/26/2013 8:26:08 PM
Don't know about the "racial" thing....I think it is more religious. I have a Muslim friend (black), who I would date in a heartbeat, but he has made it clear that we never can because (1) I am a Christian, and (2) I have dated outside my race. But with him, I think it's more religiously-based.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >