Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 53
Interracial datingPage 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
^^^^I agree, so why not show a little swagger with all chicks?

ya, black chicks seem to dig swagger more than the rest...at least as a rule.
 zeryphex
Msg: 58
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/8/2010 10:09:48 AM
I'm totally down with dating a girl/woman of any race. I wish I could date more east asians, more Indians, more Middle Easterns (Arab, Jew, Turks, etc), and more central/south americans.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 59
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/8/2010 2:36:34 PM

Just saying to me there is a difference between :
- I prefer X
- I will ONLY date X

to me there is a difference between

- I prefer X
- I will ONLY date X
- I don't date X because I HATE all people who are the color of X

see the difference?

yours are both preferences....
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 65
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/9/2010 6:49:00 AM

Lol, damn Rush, you had sex with every Italian and Dark Guy on earth, to find out whose best

my my, someone's been busy...
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 73
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/9/2010 11:39:18 AM
~OT~ I've never viewed myself as a racist when it comes to dating, but I suppose there is a element of that in me. I don't particular fancy Caucasians. I prefer those of the Hispanic/Portuguese/Basque/Spaniard persuasion. That's not written in stone, but I do seem to be more apt to meet/date those people than any others. I've had a long-term relationship with a Native American/Italian mix, but my history would show the other rationalities have been those I've preferred more often than not. Personal preferences are what they are. JMO
 melissa0607
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/10/2010 5:47:22 AM

Lol, we have a new Olympic sport. This week it's the Italian "stallions" vs the "Mandingoes"........

LOL, that would be something. Too funny. When you manage to get that going, give me a shout
 Worbug
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/10/2010 7:52:19 AM
"Where do us mutts fit in the competition??? "

No where, there is no novelty and you won't get under her daddy's skin. LOL

On topic: Date who you want. If you have fallout or what not, who cares, live by your own decisions and not those of others. We all have our own preference I guess. I prefer a decent lady, period. Does any one race have a monopoly on that? no, nor does any man. That is what cracks me up when a women says she will only date this or that race. cleary just for the attention. If it was a decent man she was lookng for, race wouldn't matter. But the forbidden fruit has always been a temtation, and some wear it as a badge of honor.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 90
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/26/2010 12:16:35 PM
^^^^perhaps dougie, but gocanes is from the south of the United States (fka Conferderates States of America). if his parents grew up in the south, then that also adds into it. while there is tons of opportunities to date interracially black/white in the south (due to the higher population of african americans in this part of the country) to the older generations, it can still be frowned upon perhaps greater than current generations.

people are still concerned about perceptions and many times those perceptions are merely based on race, as opposed to the actual class any particular person and their own family background.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 92
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/26/2010 1:42:04 PM

I remember reading one time that the only way for the old ways to end, the older generations need to die off first. Unfortunately, their ways have already been passed on to the younger generation.

racism is a part of every single society on earth. right, wrong or indifferent- that is a fact of life.

where one person will be on the bottom in one society, they could be higher in another society.

it is what it is, seeking to minimize it within your own outlook on life is the best you can find and finding like minded people to surround yourself with.
 Boon100
Msg: 93
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/26/2010 3:37:01 PM
im sorta in the same situation. ive always wanted to date indian girls but interracial dating is hard in this case. i suggest u give up.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/27/2010 5:41:40 AM

The girl I was dating went through this same problem. She was milano. She told me stories how the black girls didn't accept her because she wasn't fully black and the white girls didn't know what she was so she had a really hard time growing up and people were really mean to her in middle school and high school.

Milano? Do you mean mulatto, aka biracial?
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 99
Interracial dating
Posted: 10/18/2011 2:33:54 AM
^^^ thx for that add i speak and write - YET...the vast majority of folks in this country refer to ""interracial dating"" as being between whites and blacks...

whites and orientals get a bit of play on it as well, but its not as ""taboo"" as white/black.

white/Arab...

hardly a biline....
 Pingshooter
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 10/18/2011 3:31:04 PM
Also, I did date a Muslim man briefly, years ago...but his family was worried that it would go beyond dating. They were very nice to me...but his father sat me down and explained that the relationship would have to end at some point as they would not give their permission for him to marry anyone that was not of the Muslim faith. And...while some families will allow the partner to convert...this man's father was against it. He wanted his son to marry someone of a 'true blood'. It's funny because we did break up shortly after and he (the man I was dating) continued dating caucasian woman many years and each time...his father refused to give his permission for marriage . Last I heard he did get married (at age 43) to a much younger woman from Lebanon.

And..chances are, he is still messing with Caucasian women..

My daughter's girls are triracial; 1/3 Native America (my late wife), 1/3 Caucasian (me), and 1/3 Black (their fathers). The eldest is 'embracing' her black culture, and is in full diva/biotch mode right now. Won't talk to me...I'm an old white dude.
Eh, it's a phase, she's 19..knows it all..etc.
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 105
Interracial dating
Posted: 10/24/2011 5:07:30 PM
I have to date IR Ive yet to find someone the same mix as me let alone the religions that go along with the different cultures. When I was a kid I didnt really know we were different just figured my dad was a really good cook.

In regards to the few that had negative remarks towards muslim men? Really? Do you know these men personally or just what you read in the paper or see on youtube? I work with many arab / muslims even arab / jews that are very thoughtful and considerate. Truly loving their spouse and honor them in every way. As for the mixed younger ones their babys are beautiful and happy so something must be working!
 Rotifunk
Msg: 107
Interracial dating
Posted: 11/13/2011 2:58:43 AM
Quite an interesting dialogue with Ahron, I understood what you said from your first posting. It never insinuated generalisation either, but of course, there are those who will read this and interprete as such. My thoughts....you should not have wasted your time explaining this, people tend to believe and interprete statements in various ways. If you are familiar with political spins you will understand. I will subscribe to some of your assertions, though there are exceptions, hence reducing risks of branding and being a stereotype. This occurs across all races.
 Rotifunk
Msg: 111
Interracial dating
Posted: 11/13/2011 1:30:01 PM
You got a point there. The converse in terms of gender and racial preferences is also true. So let us all BE!
 OutMind
Msg: 112
Interracial dating
Posted: 6/13/2013 8:00:24 AM

I have dated men from, every race that there is

Cat, have you dated an eskimo? How about a pigmy?

;-)
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 6/13/2013 8:10:35 AM

Cat, have you dated an eskimo? How about a pigmy?

I asked an Eskimo girl out once...she gave me the cold shoulder.
I dated a pigmy once...we never got beyond small talk.
 premed10
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 6/15/2013 2:51:09 PM
True, black women are like that with black men too.
 LathaMath
Msg: 116
Interracial dating
Posted: 6/15/2013 3:12:28 PM

The girl I was dating went through this same problem. She was milano. She told me stories how the black girls didn't accept her because she wasn't fully black and the white girls didn't know what she was so she had a really hard time growing up and people were really mean to her in middle school and high school.

Milano? Do you mean mulatto, aka biracial?
No, he means she was from Milan, Itlay. Italians are all crazy. They'll tell you that themsleves. Watch your step. :)
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 7/26/2013 8:26:08 PM
Don't know about the "racial" thing....I think it is more religious. I have a Muslim friend (black), who I would date in a heartbeat, but he has made it clear that we never can because (1) I am a Christian, and (2) I have dated outside my race. But with him, I think it's more religiously-based.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >