Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Quebec  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sunshines99
Msg: 126
What's up with Montreal men?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
do you not think that if the woman takes the time to e-mail you, even if she does not "interest' you . that the decent thing to to reply anyhow to tell her so".

ever think possible thats why your not getting what your looking for here.........
 SimpleMat
Msg: 127
What's up with Montreal men?
Posted: 1/26/2013 11:44:26 PM

I believe you when you say a lot of men are pigs and you get horrible messages. But honestly i've written messages to over 20 different women in Montreal, and not one responded. I always wrote something I liked about their profile and invited them to chat. That's it that's all. Never any sexual comments or anything of that sort, yet not ONE response. Have the decency to at least answer back to someone who actually was respectful to you. I always write back no matter how uninterested I am. And usually end up with another interesting friend to talk to in the process. And learn to write a profile girls, 'I don't know what to write, msg me' isn't good enough. Good luck with that.

hi everyone,

first post on this site, who ordered a taste of spicy thoughts ?
I agree with Fezuke Kimachi, only difference with him is that I invited them to take a look on my profile and if after what I wrote and after looking my pictures and description, I say "please let me know if their could be any interest". So far no answer, conclusion : email is not read yet, or there is no interest. Writing, waiting, then what ?

1) would be nice if everyone could write back, even if it just to say two words : "no interested"
2) How long should I wait before writing to another person ? If I write to many, one after the others, I feel like I'm shopping, and I don't want approach things this way.
3) What the heck is a good man ?
4) what the heck is a Montreal man ? I'm immigrant, I'm a Montreal man, choose the box where you want put me I don't care. Wake up, nobody has power over us with their words unless we allow it. If' I'm not good enought for a lady, just too bad, I will not cry you a river.
5) what about stop complaining ?
things would be better if this or that (like in my 1) ), but who cares... things are what they are
6) What about taking credit and responsability for our own happiness ? What about starting to think that we might be the only one to blame for being single or cheated or ignored or miserable or I don't know what ?

7) What about saying things as they are : I'm suffering and I want to express it, I want my suffering to be recognized and heard, but I'm afraid of being judged or to judge myself being so clear, so I will just start a post with the following concept : "what is wrong with Montreal man"... It's ok, everybody suffers, not everybody is interested to hear your suffering but somebody could be, more people even tried to help, some others complained with you.

8) Ladies, ou want me to be a "real man", fair enough, do you even know what you want ? If yes, just do what you have to. What is a "real man" ? Not everybody means the same things with those words.

9) THE QUESTIONS OF PICTURES
yeah yeah, "putting some pics will only attract perverts" For god sake.... please if you want a relationship, you will want that your boyfriend makes you feel beautiful, YES or NO ? YES.
And if he does not find you beautiful, what will happen ? you want him to lie to you ? You want him to fake his physical attraction ? But if he dares to tell you to not put this dress or this T-Shirt because your not looking good with it you'll make a 3rd world war crisis ?
Seriously, enough.

If you can't deal with your physical appearance, I'm sorry for your pain, but still : if you do not accept yourself, why do you expect that somebody else should ?

Relationship is about trust, I canno't trust you if you don't trust me or if I can not tell you how I feel, so let's make this clear : it's better for YOUR feelings if I like you physical appearance (as well as your intelligence).

Personnaly, I take a look at the picture, if there is no picture or if I don't like them for any reasons, I don't read the profile. Am I a pig ? Label me what you want, truth is, it will make you suffer to be with me if I'm not attracted to you, even if I could have like your intelligence, your beautiful mind, your personnality and this and that. To love, I must admire.

Ladies : men are not here to boost your ego, no matter how good it would feel.
Gentlemen : same goes for you

10) what about stop using people to feed your needs ? Relationship is about sharing, offering, giving. I will not promise what I can not offer, and if you're not interested in what I would like to offer : Freaking Fair Enough. Both cases = End of the story.
11) Everybody on this site (or in life in general) is looking for someting, but very few are looking for the truth (pretending is not enough). It's a shame because without truth, what is relationship ? Some of us (humans) are just looking for someone to share their lies, their ego-game, some of us try to find someone to patch the broken Self.
Me, myself and I. Me me me me.

Thanks God some of us are looking for someone to share ourself, to share happiness, to offer some love.

I'm 25 years old, and not so long ago I was a kid. I guess kids of 9-10 years like I was are full of expectations about the adults world, hoping that they are so mature, so nice, so wise. Then, there comes the teenage crisis, when teens start to realize that the adults world is not that wise at all. Most of youngs stop to be teenagers when they think they are as mature as everyone else... when they give up their own evolution. I guess I still have something from a teenage crisis, because at my age, I remember that as a kid I was expecting more from my fellow humans. At my age, I'm not really impressed by my society.

Childish society in adult bodies crying to be feed.
Don't blame Montreal man, woman or dogs and squarrels. Blame yourself and yourself only.

This being said, everyone deserves compassion. You deserve it. And you will be loved, have a bit of faith in that. But it has to start from inside. We can blame the world OR take a good look on ourselves, see how shitty we are (without excuses) and then loving ourselves however, as we are and for the good that exists here inside.

May you all be happy, surround by love.
 TropicalNights
Msg: 128
Posted: 11/5/2013 6:39:05 AM
There are many peple that turn us off in the first email. For exampleone man posted on here that hes such a nice guy. Well iiin his first email he said to me that he was looking for a woman to help him het his business off the ground, that alone is grounds for getting bumped, off, it is a dating site. Asking people for help with their business is against pof rules. No I didn't get him bumped off, it was easier to just block him.
There are all kinds. Some don't write back, some write for a whopping 3 days then lose interest. Some Ive already met, and they lie, and say things that are simply not true. Some don't reply, some are rude, some are nasty and misinterpret what you wrote. It takes all kinds,,, here is a mixed bag.
The trick is to get to know the other,, many don't have the patience, many don't write back, some write back a week later. There are all kinds, take your time. Sooner or later a person does reveal themselves.
Don't bother too much witht he pictures, often they don't reflect the person at all, because we all naturally tend to choose pictures that make us look good,, myself, I prefer to be natural and afterwards when we meet I can get dolled up, lol Don't give up hope.
 underworld007
Msg: 129
Posted: 12/14/2013 5:51:40 PM
how about whats up with women here an in general.
they dont write back an on street no says hi, take the stick out of your ass girls, not every guy is an ass, an for those guys who **** it up for the good guys, **** you all. u have problem with that, blow me
 underworld007
Msg: 130
Posted: 12/14/2013 5:56:03 PM
cause they suck, an so does this site, ive never met anyone from here, i think they accumulate emails to see between each other who has more like a competition
 joe_chef27
Msg: 131
Posted: 9/23/2015 10:36:51 AM
This is complete BS. I am 24 years old, have a full time career, my priorities are straight, I know what I want for my future and I am serious, yet many profiles say, "SERIOUS GUYS ONLY".. Yet once I send a polite message, not one answers, so yes this website is kinda BS, I even spent money on an upgraded membership... and the replies I do get are... "hi"... Or I ask "How are you?" they reply "good" ... yeah thanks for asking me.. The girls are the problems not the GUYS
 xsPuRx
Msg: 132
Posted: 4/2/2016 8:42:42 PM
Nothing is wrong. Even if this thread is old.

I find the quality of women just as bad, and yes the men suck too. Just everything in life. You have to work hard for something that is worth it. So if you really are a serious person, just keep messaging people until you find someone. There is some good conversations to be had on occasion, but it is true that most people seem to ignore messages on here.

For guys: Keep in mind, women on here get 100's of messages. I met my EX on here, and I know how many they can get. 95% of which are rude and garbage. So you have to understand if they replied to everyone it would be a full time job. So some patience and understanding in these cases is required.

For women: Not all guys are bad on here. Some women expect a lot, and don't offer up much. For example Tons of "Ask Me" profiles, with no job titles. I don't even bother with profiles like this. As a serious viewer on this site. I got better things to do than play a childish chase me game. So if you really want to attract the right type of guy. You gotta be a little more inventive.
Another common example is like: "Well I don't really like talking about myself. so message me if you wanna chat"... I think I've only ever sent 1 message to someone like that and they didn't reply. So I guess they didn't want to chat.

My point is. You will attract the completely wrong type of person based off how you word your profile. If you take a lazy approach, and expect a serious person.... Well maybe you will get lucky. Men can take this advice also.

Good luck all :)
 kalasmontreal
Msg: 133
Posted: 5/22/2016 3:42:02 PM
Yes but most probably you find them boring and keep falling for the bad boys?
Show ALL Forums  > Quebec  >