Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nighted
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Did I miss something here?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Hmmm...it could be any reason. Just stick with the facts that you have: he's not talking to you. He's lost interest.

You can only guess why. Don't think about it too much, it will drive you crazy.

I've met women before and everything was fine until I noticed something that I just couldn't deal with. Something that totally turned me off. It could be something that he just could not possibly tell you without hurting your feelings. Some people just don't have the balls to be completely candid. Sometimes it easier to deal with these things by just walking away and pretending like it never happened...it sucks, but that's that truth.
 YingKissesYang
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Did I miss something here?
Posted: 9/8/2005 10:49:09 PM
And take it kinda slow.....so in one day you found a great guy again? Do you see similar pattern developing. Watch out, this "great guy" might do worse than not call you. Take it easy, dont tell him where you live, only give out your cell phone, meet at a coffee shop, DONT DRINK ALCOHOL WITH HIM on the first date, ask you GF sit one table away and keep an eye on things (who wouldn't want to play Agent 99 for a nite). YOU CAN RUN A POLICE REPORT ON HIM TOO....Hell my current GF did one on me.
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/27/2006 11:10:53 PM
oh pleezzz... her profile is deleted... and that post was over 7 months ago.... and dudes profile says single..
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 27
Posted: 4/28/2006 8:39:11 AM
but the profile is gone... how can you tell it is her???
 zakman
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/28/2006 8:49:43 AM
Go talk with her in person - she is not on POF any more, or at least not under Mischief.

Perhaps if you can get the communication going again, you two can work out the problem keeping you apart or allow you to move on. Just my 2 cents -
 browneyedstallion
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/27/2007 4:30:27 PM
I met what seemed to be a wonderful guy here, we had a great day (and night...) When he left the next day, all was well and he swore he'd be coming back. We made plans to go to Myrtle Beach over Labor Day Weekend. Which at the time was still 2 weeks away. As the days passed, his once frequent phone calls became non existant, my attempts to reach him left me frustrated, he never returned the calls. He doesn't answer emails, IM's. Guess he's got me blocked. I'm not claiming to be in love with the man, not after only one date, I just would like to know why he just dumped me all of a sudden. Can somebody give me some insight as why a guy would do something like this? No goodbyes, no reasons? I'm really at a loss here....

You said you and this guy had a great day and he swore he'd be coming back, but to me that statement would have raised a red flag. If the chemistry is there and a date is going well you shouldn't have to assure anyone that you will be back. You never know what people may be thinking or feeling. Most people have a tendency to put on a facade when they're not feeling it for someone just to make the best of the situation. None of us are mind readers and you never know for sure what a person is thinking or feeling on a date. It's obvious he wasn't interested in you and took off. I read a story from a woman on here who said she met a guy for a drink and things appeared to go real well.

When he walked her to her car he gave her a big kiss and said he would call her the next day. He never did! Her e-mails to him went unanswered and when she tried to contact him on this site he had her blocked. So apparently things didn't go as well as she thought. The dating game can be crul. It's unfortuate that people have such a hard time being upfront with how they feel. Some feel the easy way out is to act like they're having a good time and never call back. I'm sure most have been through this.
 browneyedstallion
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/27/2007 6:52:15 PM
I just re entered the the dating scene after a long relationship. Fortunately I learned a lot from when I dated prior to my relationship. It can be very difficult sometimes to get an accurate read as to how someone is feeling about you during a date. Things aren't always what they appear to be. A lot of people have a difficult time being genuine and allowing their true emotions to show. They just go along and try and make the best of it no matter how uninterested they are in the person they're with. It all comes down to them not wanting to hurt the other persons feelings face to face.

Granted it is very awkward to have to look someone in the eye at the end of an evening and tell them you weren't feeling a connection, but I think it's better to do that than to mislead them and have them find out by not ever calling them again. That's pretty cold blooded to do that to someone. Dating can be a b*tch, but it's a process that we all have to endure if we're ever going to meet that special someone. A lot of hearts get broken and ego's get bruised a long the way, but you sometimes have to go through the bad times to get to the good times.
 Rain4Eva
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2007 8:10:43 AM

ok, let me clear something up here...we did NOT sleep together...we spent the night talking, laughing, and getting to know one another..that's why I was at a loss...

So evidentally he did not get what he wanted...So stop bashing her... Please read.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >