Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mari_sam
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Free For All Poetry Contest ~ hosted by angelpurrrrs (aka Cats)Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
AT DEATHS DOOR

Once was a friend
I must say
That let delusions
Blind his way
Lost his trust
To phantom thought
Only made things
More distraught
Hence: ending
The friendships core
It now knocks
At deaths door

Sam
 mari_sam
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Free For All Poetry Contest ~ hosted by angelpurrrrs (aka Cats)
Posted: 9/8/2005 4:42:25 PM
LOVE NEVER ENDING

From the moment I knew
It was love never ending
Even before your first breath
My love, I was sending

As you grew into your teens
It was still love never ending
As you grew into an adult
My support I was lending

Now that you’re getting married
It will always be love never ending
The family is just growing larger
And my love is extending

Sam
 KittyBratt
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/11/2005 4:36:56 PM
Must We Bleed For Help?
If I crawled dragging skin and bone.. drenching the city streets with my A B positive and drowning out the busy sounds with high pitched agony... Chnl. 8 along with the most sincere prayers and neighborly love and sorrows would be at my beck and call...

Well, I've been doing that everyday.. just not quite in that explicit way. I sat on a bench at the corner of 5th and Park.. it was almost getting dark.. you all kept walking past me; head in hands with sobbing cries; u even glanced into my bloodshot eyes.. my agony u ceised to recognize.. did you really believe my heartache only deserved a few pitiful sighs?! U have now contributed to my dying inside.. My pain was underestimated because my skin still held the contents of my body in...Nobody came to my beck and call. NO ONE AT ALL! You all ran to hide. "Don't talk to her, that woman's got issues, honey." "But, mommy.." "Hush, sweetie! She just looked at us funny!" Damn woman, I'm lonely and crying, can't u see? At least the 9 yr. old had some concern for me.. but over time she'll be just like rest of society.. when she's grown she'll be walking with her little one and someday pass by another crying girl, which in her purse was a loaded gun... All that woman would cry for is attention.. perhaps a split second for someone to stop and mention that she should keep her chin up & not let sadness get in her way.. perhaps it could have helped me, but now deceased on this pavement I must lay.....

(Chnl. 8 speeding down the road! Neighbors running to condone... Just do what u do best and turn to leave her alone for now it's just too late... you've already played ur part in her fate.)
 KittyBratt
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/11/2005 5:40:42 PM
k hmm. i didnt pay good enough attention i suppose.. though the poem could be close to a "deaths door" kinda thing... but i didnt write it specifically for that so I know it doesnt count.. blah.. im rambling.. anyhoo... so yeah, here's a poem: daddy's girl poem I wrote a couple of months back and is also posted somewhere else on here.. cant remember where, but anyhoo.. hope u all like it. I wrote this with real tears because it speaks the absolute truth.. i sent it to my daddy after writing it.. but he's never spoken a word of it even though i see him often.. & i'm too shy to ask him if he got it or what he thought of it. I think it's supposed to remain one of those silent moment things between us.. i dunno. ok, so here goes:
Daddy's Girl

Daddy's little girl just can't seem to make daddy very proud, although she really loves him, she's trapped in her own crowd. She has an addictive personality which sometimes keeps her from reality... and during the moments when she comes to- she deeply misses you... and cries her eyes out through the night. Daddy just can't understand these days that his little girl despises her own ways- and round and round they fight... with themselves and eachother.. in their sleep and with their own lover; She loves her daddy- it's true. I love you, daddy. I really do.
 KittyBratt
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/11/2005 5:59:22 PM
this message is for Laston: Your poem was so amazing! My heart is aching and my eyes are warm; vision blurred from holding back tears. Tonight I'm popping in my fav. dvd which I've seen a trillion times.. (Shawshank Redemption) and I'll be watching it alone b/c my best friend will be gone working 2nite, however.. I won't be entirely alone. I'll have u with me from begining credits to ending credits as I laugh and cry throughout my favorite film.. and I'll be sure to leave my popcorn half full, for it would have been ur half to share should u have physically as well as spiritually been sitting with me, and watching my movie.

what im trying to say is.. great job! :)
 KittyBratt
Msg: 15
Insignificant Shame
Posted: 9/11/2005 6:08:29 PM
JDPARIS: OH MY GAWWWWD, DUDE. Geez! That hit home like a MF! Such an unexpected ending, and soo sad. Ur a very powerful writer... all u guys.. u blow me away! I feel elementary compared to most of what I've read in here. Y'all give me such great inspiration! Keep up the great work everyone!
 KittyBratt
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/12/2005 7:43:03 PM
a very sincere thank you :)
 Nick0324
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2005 7:57:20 PM
Daddy's Girl

The way she walks in the room
With the light in her eyes,
Thinking she's one of the best
From the looks of all the guys

She tosses her hair back with ease
Exposing her milky skinned neck
With legs as long as stilts
The times stops to a freeze

She walks to the man in the chair
With the beer in hand in fear
She sits with a smile on her face
Her skins clear and fair

She smiles at the man with a shine in her eye
With Lips red like roses and teeth like a pearl
He sets back in his chairs and realizes the truth
That this woman is safe, this woman is daddy's girl

not bad for 11 am with 2 hours sleep and pulling this off the top of my head lol..

enjoy.
 brawnydog
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/9/2006 6:24:34 PM
Is this it Purr?
Been a day or two
Poetry doesn't have roo rhyme
Said my good pal Scoobie Moo

brawnydog
Msg: 27
Daddy's girl no more
Posted: 3/10/2006 7:30:05 PM
This Thread is Redundant and 6 months old

pheonix is the perfect word
to describe personality afterburn