Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Doogie MD
Msg: 453
NFL PicksPage 20 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
No bandwagon here keljo....Just because I didn't pick them to win doesnt mean I wasn't rooting for them!!!.Steeler season tickets in the family since '72 and a diehard fan!!....I predicted a win over Cincy, but, just didn't think we had enough to beat the Colts. I predicted we would beat NE both times in the past championships...Perhaps I jinxed them!!!.I am sure their are many other surprised Steelers fans this evening!!
 Keljo
Msg: 456
NFL Picks
Posted: 1/15/2006 5:40:21 PM
Steelers of course! TRUE fans never doubt their team regardless what all the nay sayers predict!

The next one will be close....but I say Carolina.
 deejayehn
Msg: 457
NFL Picks
Posted: 1/15/2006 5:46:01 PM
"deejayehn .....

Pats Not this week...
Pats Not next week...and Pats Not the week after that

I tend to repeat myself also

Lets hear it for Denver......."

!@#$%^&*()_!@#$%^&* !@#$%^&*(!@#$%^&@#$%^&...

That is the censored version. Ba-donk-a-donks got the win. Tom played alright except for the 2 picks (not good at all). Special teams were terrible. Kevin Faulk started the mess. The refs were legally blind (how many bad calls can you get...ditto the dolts game.). Jeff Triplette should be fired after that p!ss poor job that he did.

The Squealers will win and then lose in the superbowl to the Panthers.
 longtoe20
Msg: 458
NFL Picks
Posted: 1/15/2006 6:52:32 PM
Steelers and Seahawks (Assuming the MVP is playing)
 beachcomberbenn
Msg: 460
NFL Picks
Posted: 1/16/2006 4:12:16 PM
Denver
Seattle
 scgent44
Msg: 461
NFL Picks
Posted: 1/16/2006 5:08:00 PM
I'm going with Denver and Carolina this week.
 ItsMeDoggie
Msg: 462
NFL Picks
Posted: 1/16/2006 7:30:24 PM
steelers/carolina...did not know bettis knew how to do magic...almost saw a BUS turn into a goat...............
 Doogie MD
Msg: 467
NFL Picks
Posted: 1/19/2006 8:55:33 AM
Steelers/Panthers
 Frrosty
Msg: 468
NFL Picks
Posted: 1/20/2006 10:37:44 AM
Carolina/Steelers.

(is Shawn Alexander in?)
 longtoe20
Msg: 471
NFL Picks
Posted: 1/23/2006 9:26:28 AM
Steelers 24-10.
 Keljo
Msg: 472
NFL Picks
Posted: 1/23/2006 5:07:25 PM
The Steelers by 10
 MotherNature
Msg: 474
NFL Picks
Posted: 1/23/2006 8:06:45 PM
lucky 7 said on 1/23/2006 545 AM
Sunday, Jan. 22

Pittsburgh 34, Denver 17

Seattle 34, Carolina 14

..... I'm so freaken excited, i could just spit.. *wink*

GO HAWKS!!
 Doogie MD
Msg: 476
NFL Picks
Posted: 1/24/2006 4:12:08 PM
Steelers 35-21
 michaeljustin
Msg: 477
view profile
History
NFL Picks
Posted: 1/24/2006 7:40:29 PM
my pick is seahawks of cource:) wooooooooooooooooo about time..and they got alot of wepons to worry about..great passing game...good runing game..number 2 red zone offence..i think the steelers will have there hands full:) every playoff game they been giving to the other teams...so far seattle been proving all the critics wrong..i couldnt imagine all the money lost during the seahawk games..lol..all the pros said carolina would walk all over seahawks..well..like they say..thats why they play the game:)
 notmethistime
Msg: 478
NFL Picks
Posted: 1/25/2006 7:04:59 AM
Seattle..... 27
Steelers.... 23
I think Seattle is underestimated and is going to suprise alot of people.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 479
NFL Picks
Posted: 1/25/2006 7:38:06 AM
I think the Seahawks will pull it off, but I have to go with highliter....I think it'll be a close game. Don't see a blowout...(yes, blow OUT) haha
 PourSugarOnMe
Msg: 480
NFL Picks
Posted: 1/26/2006 8:37:07 PM
Steelers 17-Seahawks 14

Of course I hate them both it should have been the boys in blue with stars....
 Ghostrider1
Msg: 481
NFL Picks
Posted: 1/26/2006 9:22:51 PM
Well since I am a diehard Giants fan.........I'm going to have to say who cares! Anyway just for fun I'm going Seahawks 35 Steelers 27
 xcccrc01
Msg: 483
NFL Picks
Posted: 1/31/2006 9:06:31 AM
I hate the Steelers, gotta go with the Seahawks, I'm saying its going to be a scoring fest, Seahawks by 6.
 TaintedXSouls
Msg: 484
NFL Picks
Posted: 1/31/2006 12:07:41 PM
I live in Seattle but say it'll be the Steelers or at least i'm hoping the Steelers pulls it out and wins this..........."Refer to my reply in the thread who do I think will win the superbowl"

It'll definately be a close game..but I think Roethlesberger wont disappoint me..lol...
 zzjanedoe
Msg: 490
NFL Picks
Posted: 2/5/2006 10:51:08 AM
This woman wants the Seahawks to win and get the respect they deserve!
 michaeljustin
Msg: 497
view profile
History
NFL Picks
Posted: 2/6/2006 9:43:52 PM

cherokeegirl........i am glad you are happy that your team won........dont forget to say thanks to the Refs.
thats for sure,,this was on the news

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5310192

never felt so empty being right. I feel dirty. I wish I'd been wrong. The Steelers did not deserve to win this game. They were not the better team. O'Connor was right. Seattle was the better team.

So, Paul Tagliabue, how does a team lose when it outgains an opponent by 57 yards, controls time of possession and wins the turnover battle?

Like a crazed CIA analyst running through the halls of Langley screaming into open offices about some impending calamity, I've been shrieking hysterically about the terrible officiating in the NFL and warning that some day the brutal calls were going to affect the outcome of the Super Bowl.

That some day was Sunday.

Every single questionable, marginal or outright bad call went against the Seahawks.

Their first three big plays were all wiped out by penalty calls. On their second drive, Darrell Jackson caught an 18-yard pass on 3rd-and-6 that would have given Seattle a first down at the 23. But Chris Gray was called for holding James Farrior. When Farrior pushed upfield, Gray did hook him with his right arm, and Farrior went down. When referee Bill Leavy flagged Gray, it was a bad omen for the Seahawks. Instead of being on the edge of the red zone, they came away without any points.

On their third drive, the Seahawks looked to take a 7-0 lead when Jackson separated from Chris Hope in the end zone and Matt Hasselbeck delivered a perfect strike to his outside shoulder. The back judge looked uncertain — sound familiar, Patriots fans? — then finally jerked his flag out and called offensive pass interference to wipe out the touchdown. The replay showed receiver and defender hand-fighting, with Jackson getting the slightest push into Hope's chest before turning to catch the ball. ABC's John Madden thought the call was dubious. FOX analyst and all-time great offensive lineman Brian Baldinger had no doubts, calling it "absolutely horrendous" on his FOXSports.com Super Bowl Instant Analysis. ESPN's Steve Young and Michael Irvin also had no uncertainty, dismissing the call as ticky-tack and insisting the Seahawks got robbed of a TD.

People say that seattle couldnt close the deal. Well the officials made sure of that.

Take away a touchdown.
Take away a catch on the one yard line.
ignore blatant holding by ward on bens scramble on 3rd down right befor wards TD play. Ward was water sking behind a line backer
give hassleback a blocking penalty for a tackle!!
even madden thought the calls were dubious.John Madden said, This was a horrible phantom call.

its too bad..because i think without the bad calls it would of been a great superbowl to remmeber..now its going to be the superbowl everyone remmebers cause of the bad calls...it is being rated as one of the worst superbowls in history..im a seattle fan..and my freind is a steelers fan...and even he thinks we were robbed of a good game..and he feals his teams win is tainted now and not so sweet as he wishes it was..now everyone going to think could they have won without the bad calls? we will never know..hope they meet again next year:)

john madden..michael irvin..steve young..boomer..Brian Baldinger..and many other pro and ex superbowl champs said they were bad calls by the refs..i have to agree with them..plus those guys been there..they know the game..and they know we all got cheated out of a great game..i seen alot of superbowls and i never seen so much press after a game like this one...cause it was unjust..bringing back instant replay helped..but it looks like somthing else will need to be done..
 deejayehn
Msg: 498
NFL Picks
Posted: 2/6/2006 11:41:13 PM
I wonder if they will ever show Joey Porter's horse collar on Shawn Alexander. That is a big fine when you do this...jackass Joey should know this football 101 stuff.

Also on Hasselbeck's blocking penalty...If he gets that call, then Big Ben needs to get called for the very same thing on the trick play of Randle El's touchdown. Same exact thing happened. BS.
 michaeljustin
Msg: 499
view profile
History
NFL Picks
Posted: 2/8/2006 6:30:56 PM
true..who knows if he will be fined...the game is over..pitt wins..but its a shady victory..did ya see big ben talking about it on dave letterman?..said he didnt think he got that touch down..lol..the croud moaned when he said it....horrible horrible,,they need a ref judge that has a instant reply on the refs calls..lol..i dont know why they cant throw a flag on a bad ref call...i dont care if it makes the game a little longer...football game is suposta be kinda long anyways:)

nfl is investigating the game all this week..first time ever they had to investigate it i guess..maybe they will be able to fix it for next year..lol
 michaeljustin
Msg: 501
view profile
History
NFL Picks
Posted: 2/10/2006 5:00:13 PM

im not a big nfl buff myself ive always liked the packers and sure i always will. but eh your team cant always win it lol.
very true..i dont mind loosing to another team..but i like it to be atleast clean..if they lost..no biggie..being a seahawks fan..im use to them loosing...lol...so just being in a superbowl was good anuff for me....but to have so many bad calls..it really put dout in everyones mind that maybe the seahawks could of won with out being picked on by the refs.

i seen many parts were steelers were holding and water sking behind seahawks..right by the refs..and they wouldnt flag them,.,but when that seahawk got called for holding and it wasnt..then hassleback gets called for a chop block when it was a tackle..then big ben makes a chop block and doesnt get called for it...alexander gets horse collared and the guy dont get a flag for it...hassleback got a late hit on him..no flag..it was just one sided...even the pro's thought seattle got the raw end of the deal,,john madden..steve young..like i said before..they been to the superbowl and they know how the game should be ran..and they all said seahawks got the shaft...it sucks it happend to my team...could of happend to greenbay or anyones team..maybe they will fix it by the next superbowl..the nfl is reviewing the game cause of all crap that happened.first time in superbowl history..usualy the refs are pertty fair during the superbowl..i watched alot of superbowls..and i never seen so many bad calls in one game.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >