Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 173
Beauty in the eye of the beholderPage 10 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

Beauty does lay way beyond the physical. It is in how you treat someone. The tender gestures , the radiation of care that reaches out and grabs you The caring words and never tossing mean words back at someone even tho the person deserves it.
what a wonderful thing to say...
 DL0607
Msg: 174
Beauty in the eye of the beholder
Posted: 1/21/2012 9:32:15 PM
Oh hun, I'm so sorry he said that to you. I've been there. My ex told me he wasn't attracted to me although he said he loved me. I didn't lie when I said I was attracted to him, I just didn't say it was his personality and not his body because unlike him, I didn't see how there could be any good in telling him how I felt about his physical appearance.

I NEVER forgot those words. :(
 Nathanwg
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2012 9:35:56 PM
Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
 adora71
Msg: 176
Posted: 1/22/2012 12:36:21 AM
I know this may sound vain and I certainly haven't read all 23 pages of this thread.

I think beauty comes from within and it just spills out. I have been out before laughing with friends and feeling beautiful and harmonious with the world and some random man will come up and tell me how pretty I am. Other days, I don't feel great and I don't feel I look great. Nobody notices me. I have even had disparaging comments thrown my way when I was younger.

I think it is important to seek validation from yourself first. I know this sounds a bit flaky, but you have to look in the mirror and tell yourself you are beautiful. Sometimes a husband or LTR doesn't even see their spouse anymore, let alone their beauty.

I think your hubbie was not intending to damage your self esteem--he probably just wanted you to know how much your other qualities meant to him. Don't take his words to heart.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >