Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Boyfriend whoring on Plenty of Fish      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SilverSatin
Msg: 126
Boyfriend whoring on Plenty of FishPage 6 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I'm glad that you found out so that you can either resolve your issues or get on with your

life. It is worse to be the last to know. Why stick around and be used til he finds someone

else? I feel sorry for whomever he latches onto. This is your wake up call. Fix it or move

on girl. It's up to you...
 misfitz
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Boyfriend whoring on Plenty of Fish
Posted: 9/11/2006 3:26:04 PM
Anyone using the name.... ********....he is from GA...watch out! He did the same thing to me. He is on several different sites.

You can't reference members who aren't participating in this thread or post real names
 salamander000
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2006 3:39:23 PM
oh, you mean DAN?? From Georgia?? I know HIM!
(send me a $25 money order and I'll disclose his present location to you)
 Thorb
Msg: 129
Posted: 9/11/2006 4:17:43 PM
^^two up^^^ ... how can you fall for an online guy you've never really touched?
^^^ above^^^ hi ..... nice ta seez ya again.

Now.... about this name dropping..... didn't you people read the forum rules?
its a no no .....

now about this PoF whoring .... hmmm.... this ain't that kind of place.
try somespamsite.
oops ... I'm not supposed to mention other dating sites either.
but its not really for dates ... its for whoring.

happy
 iamunique4u
Msg: 130
Posted: 3/27/2007 2:55:18 PM
you have every right to protect yourself; there are way too many double dealings going on and who knows what it could bring you! My addage is "always keep your eyes open" Good detective work!! You deserve better. I recently found out someone that I was living with for a yr, was a bisexual swinger...Not that was a shock!!
 SABachelor48
Msg: 131
Posted: 3/27/2007 3:04:54 PM
You woman do the same thing when chatting with a guy....Your chatting with about 20 others too until you find the right one. That's just another reason I will never tie the knot again......IT'S CALLED TRUST!
 it.can.happen
Msg: 132
Posted: 5/10/2007 6:33:40 AM
Meeting people and talking to people is not whoring.
I know that the men I talk to are talking to other women. But I'm not so insecure that I'm worried about it. They've made no long term commitments to me. I've made no long term commitments to them. If we are expected to commit for eternity to the first person we chat with.......
I compare banks with which I do business, I compare companies when applying for jobs. Marriage is THE MOST IMPORTANT commitment, so it is only valid that we put far more time into making comparisons and judging the men we chat with than the amount of time we put into company research before committing to a job, or shopping for a university, or selecting a bank.
Yes, we MUST put time into finding out about MORE THAN ONE PERSON before we commit ourselves to something so incredibly important.
I am pleased to see that the men interested in me are taking their time, looking at other prospects, comparing me to others, .....
I don't want a man who makes a snap decision based on not having looked at enough possibilities to really know that his choice is the right one.
And I refuse to make a committment based on a man's insecurity of not wanting me to compare him to others.
I am self-confident enough to not be intimidated by men comparing me to others and I am looking for a man who is also self-confident and secure.
 baby_girl_59
Msg: 133
Posted: 5/10/2007 6:57:32 AM
I agree , there had to be a trust issue... been there with my ex too ...he said we would be together forever ... lol ...find out he was in POF and going to meet some girl from here... i asked him about it and he said "Time for me to leave then".......that was that... gone ..no explantion, nothing ... oh well it happens all the time to someone

But the funny one , I went out with someone from POF for a couple of drinks, had a good time ...then 3 days i got an e-mail from someone saying it was his wife..they were back together and she was contacting all the women he had on his list.... lol....... password protected hmmmmm.....well he is deleted from the site now and i haven't heard anything ...

So i guess both women and men stretch the truth a bit ...... but you have to take it one day at a time for trust to be there .....
 passioniteone
Msg: 134
Posted: 5/10/2007 7:26:43 AM
@sweetieGuy_ 81 thats where your wrong...anyone in a serious relationship has NO business on a computer chatting on a dating site PERIOD.
 angeldog
Msg: 135
Posted: 5/10/2007 7:28:33 AM
You said it boyfriend and on top of that you let him use you like a paid w---. What do you expect when you dont respect yourself.
 4uBadBoy
Msg: 136
Posted: 5/10/2007 7:56:09 AM
Hi;Sweetie
Just count yourself Lucky.It could of been worse,You could of been married to him.
"LOYALTY" That's a Joke.
People don't even know what the word means anymore.
Don't worry it's his loss not your's !
This is why I'll just stay SINGLE..
RENEGADE
 jennivieve
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2007 8:32:19 AM
Seems pretty common. My bf living with me for a year was also supposedly single and on here looking. I had suspicion so I looked around. Near Christmas he was actually telling people he was going to a funeral in BC. Not, he was here with me. I should have contacted them but I didn't. I let it go.

I have since let him go. I am not so sure the grass is greener....

I wonder if there are really so many of these guys out there or if we meet alot of the same ones.

Funniest part is that the emails he sent to different girls were the same. Form emails for dating....cheesy

Best of luck all
 silky01ca
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2007 8:39:54 AM
I hope your smart enough to stay away from him. You can never go back to the innocence. It will stay with you. Trust is broken. Good luck.. Hey may be its time for you to post...
 drg1301
Msg: 139
Posted: 5/12/2007 8:58:07 AM
Unfortunately this is a common issue on both sides of the gender aisle.
There is players of both sexes and they find single sites prime feeding grounds.

BTW yes Mozzila and windows does have the ability to store passwords and login names. But if you delete your history on a regular basis as well as clean out your passwords occassionaly then that ability is cleaned out as well.
 loving3252
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2007 9:18:40 AM
I totaly understand. I think that If you love him you should try to work things out and seek professional help. the game works both ways. My ex- wife I found was looking aroiund and playing around durring our six year marriage, yet telling me every day how much she loved me and enjoyed being with me. When I installed a key logger on the computer which she knew about because we were concerned about our youngest daughter and her mental well being things were cool. One day I checked the log and found that my wife had been chatting with several men, she ussually checked the history for our daughter. I asked her about it and she wigged out and demanded that I remove it form the computer. a month later she told me she loved me but I didnt love her any more and it would be best for us if she moved out. She moved out into a guys house whom she claims is just a friend. ha ha. It can work for both genders.
 cosmicchild31
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2007 4:54:05 PM
I have a helpful suggestion, here goes if you are feeling enough mistrust towards him to scour his email and personal items for clues to prove your suspicions,than he is probably not who you are meant to be with.healthy relationships generally dont involve that much investigation.but cheer up and have this beer and welcome to pof
 crimsonandthewhite
Msg: 142
Posted: 5/12/2007 7:22:11 PM
A whore is a whore - move on and don't look back!
 ArtisticGenius
Msg: 143
Posted: 5/13/2007 12:57:49 AM
That sounds really familiar. And yes, they devastate your soul.
 mochawoman
Msg: 144
Posted: 6/11/2007 9:29:41 AM
Been there, done that. Mine did the same thing. Tried to put the "dirt in my yard" when the filth belonged to him. I can't stand when someone does that. Just won't be honest and take responsibility for their crap!!!!!!!!!!
 sofishtikated
Msg: 145
Posted: 6/11/2007 9:40:25 AM
This will not be a popular opinion...
But i think it is wrong to snoop.
Every human being is entitled to some privacy, it is a basic need and you should not deny them of their rights as an individual just because you are a couple.
He may have just been bored and killing time...i mean i sometimes look up my ex's on sites but it doesnt mean i have any intention of hooking up, its just curiosity, natural.
So are you any happier now that you invaded his privacy?? Really, you only hurt yourself OP. He may have been perfectly happy with you but now that he knows what you're capable of, he may have lost some respect for you too. Too many women find dirt and think they are justified. Snooping is wrong whether you find dirt or not. I'm not saying what he did is ok either, especially the way he tried to shift the blame. Then again, if you committed a similar act and he forgave you...why aren't you forgiving him now? The bottom line is you can't control his behaviour, only your own. Keep your dignity and don't stoop to that level of invading anothers right to privacy. Do unto others...
 donaloo
Msg: 146
Posted: 6/11/2007 1:18:09 PM
Faithfulness and continuous internet access? Are they mutually exclusive lol
 BeachloverIII
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2007 7:57:33 PM
Belle,

Consider it a gift of God. I had the same thing happen to me, but I was doing a resume and pop ups came and I called the phone number of the girl. I found out about alot of sites he was on. I had no idea how to begin . The girl he emailed on biker kiss. com helped me catch him. He also played dumb. I almost married this guy . I was hurt like a knife thur my heart, but I was blessed by an angel. This man was not for me. I have learnt alot about the red flags now. I thank the one above everyday that I didn't make the wrong choice. Hang in there and have faith , you will find a good person. You were blessed whether you believe it or not.

RalGash
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2007 10:10:11 PM
It's really not that hard to get at the guys passwords to find out what he's doing online. There are a wide variety of programs out there that you can secretly install on his computer if you are reasonably suspicious that he may be cheating.

My guy was out whoring on several sites and on MSN. And he followed through sleeping with them as well. Yeah, I spoke to them. As of June 10th he is now my EX!

Oh no, it gets worse! Him and his room mate, another guy had two fake profiles on here as well. They took photos off of the internet of really hot female models to use as the profile pics. Then had fun with the hearts of literally 100's of guys on here! I recall walking in on them having a jolly good time making fun of these poor guys and sending off leading messages.

So yeah, I'm not surprised about the amount of guys/gals complaining about how weird and screwed some people are on here.

I of course did email the guys that had messaged the fake woman and been talking to my ex and his buddy through email on the profiles by logging into the profiles myself and telling them they had been duped and then happily changed all the passwords so that they can't be used anymore. I also edited the profiles to warn any other guys that I might have missed that they had been duped.

Mozzilla Firefox is a nice browser, so easy to retrieve everyones passwords from when on thier computer just tooling around.
 takingchances101
Msg: 149
Posted: 6/12/2007 9:50:48 PM
Same thing here.
Needless to say that guy is now my ex. He was staying up all night telling me that he had work to finish, and that he was just chatting online to find himself a badminton partner, which was fine with me. Until one night I went to hug him and say good night and I glimpsed what he was looking at POF. I didn't know what it was back then so I thought I'd check it out. Low and behold that low life was on here, with the add saying "Lobster: looking for the one" also he was looking for a long term relationship. (He might actually still be around here since that was only about a month ago. ) I confronted him about it and he blew up at me. He went and blamed everything on me, that I wasn't "like this" and I wasn't "like that". It really hurt at the time afterall he was my fiance, but I found myself again, picked myself up and dumped his ass.
 SweetPirate
Msg: 150
Posted: 6/12/2007 11:02:52 PM
...well well, or my my....I have had my share oh yes, of unfaithful men in my life... but I too, found myself being unfaithful at some point. Hard cold honesty. It hurts to feel it and hurts to say it. I appreciate the straightforward flaming of a very real issue.. but why oh why do we always think that "cheating" could never happen to us? Let me tell you, when you are in a relationship and somethings' a miss.. you know it.. you just don't want to face it. Too often we tell ourselves how happy we are, and how "we" would never cheat on each other... but in the end... when we go looking for it.. or have a that "sinking feeling that something isn't right".. and the truth comes out.. we are all too eager to act indignant and hurt. The reality is we just got ourselves an excuse to be set free! Yes, Men are aggressors by nature.. but a decent man has honor and pride... just as a decent woman does. He covers up when he flirts, romances and finally has the affair. He figures he isn't hurting anyone..and he. after all is a male... with needs. Yeah. This is called a narcissistic personality. He will never change no matter how much he says he loves you... AND women are narcissistic as well sometimes!They are just as bad. Mental Illness like this rarely improves over time. Therefore, Man or Woman, if you honestly believe you are entitled to play, not be safe with sex, romance and use all the people you can... anyone who doesn't get a clue about it at some point... is a masochist who enjoys pain.
Get strong, leave and get help... or you will just keep dating the same sick people.....WORD,
best, Miss Pirate...
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Boyfriend whoring on Plenty of Fish