Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WasabiGal
Msg: 460
Pregnant girl threateningPage 17 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)

Ya thats all fine and dandy until the woman actually gets pregnant You seem to forget that she can change her mind just as easily as she agreed to what would happen and there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it.

boo hoo... Oh, the injustice of it all.

yes, a woman, especially one who is pregnant, and who has begun to feel the changes in her body, could change her mind. And that's her right as it's her body.

so tough shyt

if you can't handle the prospect of paying child support, then don't engage in practices that could result in a child.... And would help if you actually knew the person you were having sex with, as there's less chances of "surprises"

gosh, it's a touch pill to swallow lads..... You want to be able to have no-strings sex without consequences. You want to make sure that the woman is going to do what you want. And if she gets pregnant, well, she should do what's most convenient for you.

No guarantee that's going to happen.

Used to be women who would be frantically worried about being "caught." In the fifties my aunt was actually sent out of the country to live among strangers and to have her out of wedlock baby, and was not allowed to keep it. Anyway, so now the tables are turned in an unexpected way.... and men face the prospect of being "caught".......caught on the hook for child support

better double-bag it
 trotko
Msg: 461
Pregnant girl threatening
Posted: 10/13/2009 6:52:50 PM

In the fifties my aunt was actually sent out of the country to live among strangers and to have her out of wedlock baby, and was not allowed to keep it. Anyway

boo hoo... Oh, the injustice of it all

not very nice is it. I am glad things have improve so much I am but there should be way to make the decission between both people. I just don't think it should be up to the woman alone. If it is then the responsibility should be souly on the one that makes the decision. I am not only talking about if a man doent want it and the woman does the man shouldn't have to pay but it the woman doesn't want the kid but the man does the woman shouldn't be alowed to abort in this case the man should be responsible to help pay the womans bills as she won't be able to work then after the baby is born the kid should be his and then there shouldn't be any child support at all. See there are so many changes that need to take place. The decission shouldn't be up to the woman alone.
 867love
Msg: 462
Posted: 10/13/2009 8:57:47 PM
By the time a man turns 38, i would hope he would have learned where babies come from. use every form of birth control (no matter that she says its under control) and not take the chance of knocking up someone who could throw his life into complete turmoil.
There's no way out of it, if you knock up someone and its proven your DNA, even if you want nothing to do with that child, your gonna pay for the next 18 years -maybe longer.
On the bright side instead of killing him slowly, she could have just given him AIDS and killed him quicker...
 Chitownguy40
Msg: 464
Posted: 11/4/2009 9:22:15 PM
mrlamm, if we did things your way, men could just get as many women they wanted pregnanct and weasel out of paying support by just saying they never wanted any kids. That would be a bad idea, I think.
 Thaddal
Msg: 465
Posted: 11/4/2009 10:55:22 PM
At 38...I'm sure he thought about all the complications that can occur when he laid down with this girl....condom or not.....that's the chance a man takes when he gets down and dirty with a girl....but then.....look what he went after...a girl ...who 12 months ago was a teenager......i say,....he got everything he deserved....hopefully she will have twins...
 deerdog1
Msg: 466
Posted: 11/5/2009 7:26:31 PM
get the dna test ..... a few years ago a state decided to do dna test routinely on so called dead beat dads ...seams that 65 % of them in the initial series of tests were innocent men ... that idea got nipped in the bud ...can you say FAST ...go figure

you should stand up for your mistake ...just make sure it was YOUR mistake ... not her pot head boyfriend ...who she will go back to after you are levied with child support
 Britt884
Msg: 467
Posted: 11/6/2009 2:37:54 AM
Some people's responses on here are ridiculous. Some men just think they should be able to have all the no-strings sex they want and not have to worry about consequences. This man is 38 years old...did he not have Sex Ed. in high school like the rest of us? Does he not have common sense? Engaging in sex with or without a form of birth control always poses a risk of pregnancy. I know women who have gotten pregnant using birth control pills..which is supposed to almost guarantee no pregnany. Anything can happen when you have sex. He should have thought about that a bit before sleeping with a 20 year old GIRL. Now of course, he wants to walk away from the situation without any responsibility. Please. Man up and take of the child YOU helped create. It takes two to tango. His future child should be coming first in this situation..not him worrying about not wanting to deal with the consequences. BOO HOO.
 EmotionallyDetached
Msg: 468
Posted: 11/6/2009 6:21:15 AM
This post was made when the girl in question was pregnant. The kid has to be in preschool by now. And the father of this child? Struggling with midlife. I bet it doesn't phase him much anymore since he is probably out chasing more girls too young to drink.
 Whoopty Dew
Msg: 469
Posted: 11/6/2009 9:06:03 AM
He took the responability to bang her,then he has to take care of the child.Condome broke,BS.Stand up,be a man.Take care of the child.If he has life insurance.That can go to the supportt of the child.
 smileforgzus
Msg: 470
Posted: 11/6/2009 12:21:01 PM
Man up and take responsibility
 Sacred_Cows
Msg: 471
Posted: 11/7/2009 5:35:28 AM

...but there should be way to make the decission between both people. I just don't think it should be up to the woman alone.

There is a way that it is a decision between the 2 parties.
It is called being involved in a functional relationship.
Aloha
 PinkTink22
Msg: 472
Posted: 11/7/2009 7:12:14 AM
I dont wanna be rude but you took a chance knowing that condoms are not 100% effective, there fore it will be hard but you need to be a part of that childs life if you are the father. It does not hurt to get a paternity test to make sure, and it will be hard but you have to try. I grew up with out a father and it scarred me for life. Kids need both parents in their life. Suicide is not the answer, I have a child that I dont get to see as often as I should due to finances, and I have felt suicidal before but I am telling you, once you see that kid you will fall in love and you will be willing to do whatever you can to make him/her happy. All I get is $600 a month from disabilty so I know how money problems are. Trust me the kid will cheer up your world.
 PinkTink22
Msg: 473
Posted: 11/7/2009 7:16:36 AM
And also next time keep your stuff in your pants if you dont want to pay the price. You have hands for a reason!!! Get your self off.
 forumologist
Msg: 474
Posted: 11/8/2009 9:31:03 AM
The risks of sex 101

Contraceptives don't always work
You may get her pregnant
She may not believe in abortion
You are responsible for any and all risks
Suck it up princess

Got that?

This is what I don't understand....
Guys say condoms take away the feeling and could they puhleeez do it without one
Then they say they can't feel it when it breaks so that's why they came AFTER it broke
Ok so the rare occasion it breaks just at the point of ejaculation but...
You get my drift
If it feels so different with a condom
How come you don't stop before you come and put another one on
Seriously, it\s the guys who knows it's broken so how can he use the "the condom broke" excuse"

I just don't get that
Can someone explain it to me please lol

PS: People who can't handle the potential consequences of sex without feeling suicidal (omg what a pathetic excuse to dump all your responsibilities)
SHOULD NOT BE HAVING SEX
Huh????????????????
 forumologist
Msg: 475
Posted: 11/8/2009 9:44:36 AM

there should be way to make the decission between both people

No there should not.

That will only be fair when BOTH parties get pregnant.
You just don't get it that women carry the far higher degree of responsibility, that's why they carry the far greater degree of choices

There's no way in hell a man is ever going to have the right to control something he doesn't have to carry the responsibility for

Getting pregnant is a far bigger deal for the woman than the man duh

Pregnancy and chilbearing are womens work - therefore women have more choice

If men got pregnant there's no way in hell women would get any say in the matter and you know it's true

After all, you've used the flimsiest of excuses to keep up out of lots of things

Like,,,,,men have bigger muscles therefore men have bigger brains therefore, men think better than women therefore, women are more emotional, therefore, women can't be trusted to make any decisions therefore, men should rule the world.

There that's been your logic hasn't it.

You guys are such incredible control freaks

And you squeal like babies when you don't get your way but you take advantage every chance you get so cry me a river

Awww, is the poor little man suicidal

Wait until he's stuck at home night after night, borke, with a collicky child, while all of society and all his firends think he's an irresposible slut and he has no money and no life and nobody want's to get invovled

Then he could be forgiven for feeling like shit

Until then he should stop his whining and maybe think about keeping it in his pants next time

After all, broken condoms are within the GUYS control so......pony up bro
 forumologist
Msg: 476
Posted: 11/8/2009 10:21:03 AM

The problem is that he isn't financially secure. The girl however is. She earns a good salary and has a family who support her. Mind you I dont think they are aware of her lifestyle choices.

Sorry sqirrly but I call BULLSHIT on this one

throughout this post you have tried desperately to paint the guy as a vicitim but it's not working

I don't believe a 20 yr old is financially secure

and anyway,

Why should her family carry his share of the cost????

I think you are disgracing yourself with your posts

You wrote this from the Maxim article to try to make the ridiculous point that men should have equal control while they don't have equal responsibility

They don't get pregnant
they never will
thems the breaks of being a man or a woman
grow up and accept it
this is the kind of attitude that really turns me off some men
and you just can't see why can you

I guarantee if the show were on the other foot men like you would TOTALLY PUT WOMEN OVER A BARREL

You want the playing field slanted in your favor don't you
 venndiagram
Msg: 479
Posted: 11/8/2009 6:14:01 PM
There is a way that it is a decision between the 2 parties.
It is called being involved in a functional relationship.

Thank you for saying that!
 musical_turtle
Msg: 481
Posted: 11/20/2011 8:02:39 PM
smh @ this scenario
This is messed up on sooo many levels.
Okay, it's the woman's body and she determines in the end what will be done.
He can suggest and mention the options, but she has the final say.
If he's upset because she didn't do what he wanted her to...then that's his problem, not hers. Second, why this woman didn't get the morning after pill is beyond me. She'd be potentially avoiding a pregnancy and everything that comes with it. I respect her choice for not getting an abortion. Now he has to step up and provide child support payments (if the child is his, that is)...He should ask for a paternity test, because it doesn't seem that they were in a long term serious relationship. If it's his...then he needs to be a man, and take responsibility for his actions. Also, if you're not prepared (financially,emotionally) for the risks sex has, like a pregnancy and future child, then don't have sex...because birth control fails, and condoms break (like in this case). This world doesn't need anymore cases like this.
 Capn_America
Msg: 483
Posted: 11/21/2011 9:29:36 AM

He took the responability to bang her,then he has to take care of the child.Condome broke,BS.Stand up,be a man.Take care of the child.If he has life insurance.That can go to the supportt of the child

Kind of mean said like that, but its also true. Actually thought, if the girl can act that way, I would try to get full custody. Wouldnt want my kid to grow up in a house that seems to think suing solves everything Could've spoken to the guy first at least....
 Capn_America
Msg: 484
Posted: 11/21/2011 9:30:50 AM

Well, I estimate the baby in question is probably in kindergarten now. This thread was started in 2005...

LMAO yeah, he's the one who looked up his own thread and typed something ;-)
 free4all131220
Msg: 485
Posted: 11/21/2011 11:04:07 AM
tough sh*t dude... ya play ya pay.
 barefootkitten
Msg: 486
Posted: 11/21/2011 12:21:36 PM
I'm kinda curious for those who state that it should be a mutual decision about what to do how you propose making that decision. If the man wants the woman to get an abortion and the woman wants to keep the child, there is NO middle ground. How do you compromise on it when you're at complete opposite ends of the spectrum? No matter what, one of them is not going to get their way and feel "forced" into something they didn't want.

That said, I do advocate that all people should discuss BEFORE the sex occurs with their partner what their opinions on the matter are. While a woman may say she would get an abortion and change her mind, it seems highly unlikely to me that someone who is against abortion beforehand would change her mind and get one after the fact. I have always told all my partners that I would keep a child before we ever had sex. If they choose to have sex with me anyway, then, imo, they are choosing to ACCEPT the my decision to keep a child if one occurred. Men have options available to them to prevent pregnancy and not have children they don't want -- it just so happens that due to biology these choices occur BEFORE conception rather than after. Just because you may not like the choices available to you doesn't mean you don't have choices.

I agree with the poster that stated that if either partner didn't want an abortion that one shouldn't take place, but perhaps this is why being in a stable relationship before you have sex with someone gives a man a greater chance at having his wishes heard.

To the poster who stated that it takes $400 to raise a child a month, you're delusional about the costs outside of your own town. Where I live, for housing of SIMILAR QUALITY, it costs at least $200 more for a 2 bedroom as a 1 bedroom. My daughter requires daily meds that I have to pay for ($150/month) and she actually EATS food ($200/month) and wears clothes ($50/month -- averaged out as sometimes she needs more some months than others, but having spoken from just having to get her new shoes and boots for winter at about $100 for both, kids do need clothes as they do tend to grow and clothing costs are ongoing). When she was younger and I was in school, her daycare costs were $750 (cheap for where I lived)/month -- all of which I paid myself as, in 11 years, I've received MAYBE $1000 in child support (we have an order, but he has never voluntarily paid, but that's a whole other story). Fact is, kids cost money, and I know I pay far more than $400/month extra towards my daughter.
 free4all131220
Msg: 487
Posted: 11/21/2011 2:59:14 PM
many years ago I had a young lady that was not a SO to me, but an acquaintence i met through another acquaintance asked me to do her a favor, she just wanted a baby and chose me to be a "sperm donor". I was young and not attached, and she was very attractive to me. She assured me that there would be no strings..blah blah blah. I got away from that house as fast as I could, I was horny and a little desparate...but not stupid. The next time I saw her was a couple years later and sure enough she had a baby, we talked and the one thing I got from her was that she was suing to get child support from the baby's father.
 ontario_woman
Msg: 488
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2011 3:02:39 PM
Once a child is created, it's no longer about the man and the woman and whatever games they were playing with each other. It's about the child!

We all take a risk of an unplanned pregnancy when we choose to have sex. We can minimize our risk by using birth control, but the risk still exists. The only other options are sterilization or abstinence.

I know that many men do not feel that it is fair that the decision whether or not to terminate the pregnancy rests with the woman. I do understand where you are coming from, but the fact remains that women are the ones who bear the children. Until that changes, they get the final say.

My advice: Always wear a condom and accept that sometimes condoms break...
 ontario_woman
Msg: 490
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2011 5:19:34 PM
They're hesitant to on a young adult who never has had children, but other than that they have no issues. These are common procedures...
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >