Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NittanyLion
Msg: 174
Pregnant girl threateningPage 5 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
Does Canada have child support guidelines? If not, how is it calculated? If so, he should save his legal fees so he doesn't accumulate arrearages.
 knightrd
Msg: 175
Pregnant girl threatening
Posted: 9/8/2005 7:18:54 PM
Tell him to get a paternity test before he pulls the trigger.
 NittanyLion
Msg: 177
Posted: 9/8/2005 7:26:15 PM

Tell him to get a paternity test before he pulls the trigger.
Ummm...

They vary from province to province but it is based on a 'grid' according to salary and anything beyond a certain income level and it's a set amount for that income (Ontario). For instance, a person making 60k p/a must pay $500 p/m for the first child and then there is another formula for additional children. This is the 'base', and the custodial parent can also sue for additional support, i.e., I've seen many sue for Hebrew School, Private School, Camp, Nanny costs, etc.

Very similar to the US, then.
Thanks
 Passinthru
Msg: 179
Posted: 9/8/2005 7:51:18 PM
I'm one of the older POFers here, having followed this thread and posted previously I continue glancing back from time to time and shaking my head with incredulity. Have situations such as this become the norm' nowadays and even more troubling has it become generally acceptable to advise someone on various ways to slip out of their societal and moral responsibilities (presuming he IS the sperm donor)?
 anadarial
Msg: 180
Posted: 9/8/2005 8:24:52 PM
I'm one of the older POFers here, having followed this thread and posted previously I continue glancing back from time to time and shaking my head with incredulity. Have situations such as this become the norm' nowadays and even more troubling has it become generally acceptable to advise someone on various ways to slip out of their societal and moral responsibilities (presuming he IS the sperm donor)?

I had that same epiphany as well...... almost physically nauseating, wouldn't you say so passin?
I had my first at 16, my second i was gonig through a messy and stressful divorce, and my third I was already a young mother of two, one of them was an infant, and here i am about to be a single mother of THREE at 22!!!!!!!!!! Guess what, I ain't dead yet, I know what it's like to have a baby in less than desireable circumstances but hey, a baby is a blessing and who on earth is really this selfish! I knew the world was cruel and horrible but this thread really opened my eyes! Someone going to kill himself over financial ruin? bc of a baby? angry that this girl is "threatening" child support? lordy lordy.... the world must be coming to the end, i dont think ppl are this mind bogglingly selfish and self absorbed, I think demons have possessed them to write this. lol. God i'm naive. I sincerely never knew people were THIS ....I dont know, this way. Poor baby!
 happydragon05
Msg: 181
Posted: 9/8/2005 8:57:53 PM
^^^^^ I'm with you, Anadarial!
It is a shame that people who don't want to take responsibility for their actions yet are so quick to point the finger at someone else; so they always assume the role of victim.
It's called Personal Responsibility, people. We make the choices; we live with the consequences...just like obeying or disobeying the law; WE know the rules; we just make them so we can figure out how to "bend" them.
I believe in taking responsibility for my body- and to assume anyone else is responsible for what happens is an absolute crock of $#it! Whatever happened to communication? Why does everything have to be so intense? Get over yourselves, Baby Mama & Baby Daddy-
it was your decision to go with your "sexual wants" at the moment that will now be overridden by that little baby's NEEDS. Guess who gets priority one; not either parent!
I hope all works out for the best; for that child's sake. I gotta get out this one... this is just a little too close for home, turtledoves...
world peace- harmony- can anyone smell the incense yet? <<<< I've lost it, kids...
 Braylix
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2005 10:33:04 PM
well all i have to say is you play you pay, unforyntily most guys want to dance with out paying the piper, when you have sex its the risk you take, its not fair to the child they didnt ask, and have him ask one question? what if it was his daughter?
 aflower18
Msg: 185
Posted: 9/8/2005 11:50:42 PM
Ever heard the phrase "it takes two to tango"? Well it takes two to make a baby. Reguardless if you do IVF, still had to have a man involved.
 anadarial
Msg: 186
Posted: 9/19/2005 2:07:14 PM

well all i have to say is you play you pay,

I have three children and I'm young, but fortunately I had backup, adn good men to be fathers to boot. (good FATHERS, i must clarify, not a good SO though lol)
My gpa always said to me after i found out I was pregnant each time ...

"It's the screwin you get for the screwin you got!"

ROFL

i just don't get how ppl can view it as getting screwed (not literally)
Children are a gift and some peopel aren't able to have that gift and it's so sad to see people who are ABLE to procreate act this way towards the chance of the gift of life, motherhood, fatherhood, teacher, mentor, and all out hero to our kids.

People should truly view it differently, it'd save a lot of heartache.
 missq4ever
Msg: 187
Posted: 12/23/2005 2:15:39 PM
Well, I had my baby. I had a beautiful baby girl and named her Elizabeth Gail. She joined us on December 8th at 4:37 PM. She was 7lbs. 12 1/2oz. and 19 1/2". If you'd like to see pics of her, she's at www.mindygriffith.com/elizabeth.htm
 kcub63
Msg: 189
Posted: 12/25/2005 8:55:34 PM
Don't play, unless to pay. A 20 yr old? You are sure it broke? Wasn't tampered with? What does he do? DNA first, then pay if it's his. There are things as the pill and the patch, not just condoms. Do a DNA test.
 Garofalo7
Msg: 190
Posted: 12/25/2005 9:04:05 PM

38 yr old man has a couple of intimate encounters with a 20 yr old.

She should get an abortion, it was an intimate encounter, you're not in love, take the pill.

now, if you were together, that's a different story, but if it was just a slam bam thank you mam......pill, abortion, or adoption
 bigirish
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2005 9:12:40 PM
tough choice, but you played, lost, and now if its yours, time to be a man. Sorry dude.
 kcub63
Msg: 192
Posted: 12/25/2005 9:15:23 PM
Ask MotherBear. She is the wisest of us all. As for suicidal, call 911. Evening hinting is a threat.
 dreamsource
Msg: 193
Posted: 12/25/2005 9:25:40 PM
i am deeply sadden that a woman would try and make excuses for a man who created a child and is trying to wiggle out of the responsibility of it. there are preteens who know that condoms are NOT 100% effective. there is no excuse.

sex resulting in pregnancy is not a "mistake." sex is specifically for procreation. its not like "oops! i slipped and fell and my d*ck slid in her and went off."

i am frustrated and saddened by the fact that squirrly seemed to be defending and in fact enabling the irresponsible actions of her friend. again.. cum is for making babies. not cakes. what did the guy expect to pop back out of the girl after his little deposit?

Their relationship was purely sexual and she knew it.....she even wrote him letters describing sex acts that she had done. She isn't little miss innocent. - squirrly

young girls (20 is young and still immature) sometimes consider sex to mean love. perhaps to her they were in a loving relationship and she was fullfiling her man's needs and desires? remember there are 3sides to every story. his side, her side, and the truth.

this is a thought that has popped into my head.. squirrly stated:

She has had some mental issues and been hospitalized for cutting herself.

if this guy was using this girl for purely sexual intentions and he KNEW that she had mental issues, could he be considered as having abused her? the girl could obviously not know right from wrong and could have been misled by a guy who is just out for sex. the guy does seem to be very controlling "he TELLS her to get the morning after pill" "he TELLS her to get an abortion"...

There are mature 20 yr olds and immature 38 yr olds - squirrly

if she "had some mental issues" and is a cutter, she definitely isnt "mature."

like i said several times in this verbose post, sex is for procreation. by entering into the act of sex, the guy should already know that there is a chance of pregnancy that if his sperm causes, he will have to be repsonsible for. if a guy doesnt have children, then he should not have sex. that is the only fool-proof way of not knocking a girl up.

what a sad situation all the way around.. i wonder what happened...
 ssmino
Msg: 195
Posted: 12/25/2005 10:05:39 PM
she will pay for the rest of her life or u can try to get custody and make her pay. its a 2 way street.
 ssmino
Msg: 196
Posted: 12/25/2005 10:09:44 PM
she should have been on the pill or patch when are woman going to get it . The man can walk away ur stuck for 9 months its attached hello ladies. Its not his problem its hers. He didnt get pregnant she did.
 ssmino
Msg: 198
Posted: 12/25/2005 10:11:24 PM
dont blame the man he cant get pregnant
 tkilone
Msg: 202
Posted: 12/25/2005 10:32:51 PM
Just at what point didn't you understand that this woman/girl could get pregent. And if it is yours she gonna love you long time. so step upand take care of it
 kcub63
Msg: 203
Posted: 12/25/2005 10:46:24 PM
May I ask this? How many men here would be upset if they never were told they were Fathers? Should we not tell? And keep it quiet?
 molonel
Msg: 204
Posted: 12/25/2005 10:49:48 PM
To answer the original question, he does nothing until he sees the result of a paternity test which he paid for personally. And if it's his, then he does whatever he can to support his child.

Sorry, folks. That's what it means to be an adult. You take responsibility for your own actions.
 Frrosty
Msg: 206
Posted: 12/26/2005 9:20:21 PM

He should demand a paternity test and step up to his responsibilities if he's the father...

Deal with it.

Abortion is another option too.
 Frrosty
Msg: 207
Posted: 12/26/2005 9:32:12 PM
ADOPTION!!

I MEANT ADOPTION!!

EEKK!!

I am SO not for abortion when there are so many abl eparents out there PRAYING for a baby to love and raise to health, prosperity and happiness.
 bambi75
Msg: 208
Posted: 12/26/2005 9:33:07 PM
without even reading the other posts, this is my 2 cents:

At 38 yrs old, a man knows the responsibilities that comes along with having sex and there is always the possibility of things not going as planned. If you aren't responsible enough to deal with whatever may occur, don't take the time to have sex. Simple as that.

Barely making ends meet and just scraping by , eh? Waaaaaaaa! It happens. We have all been there and guess what? We make it.

I suggest this 38 yr old guy be prepared to pick up another job to help pay child support. Then work on saving some money for a vasectomy.
 \El Toro/
Msg: 210
Posted: 1/11/2006 10:42:03 PM
Kill himself!!! Jeez, how can this guy be such a loser?! He took the chance, as there always is one unless you're abstinent; thus he should put up or shut the fu*ck up! Word up!!!

P.S. What right does this knob have to "tell" the girl to do anything??? The feminist argument about "a woman's body, a woman's choice" only seems to come up when the woman wants to terminate a pregnancy. It should be the same if she wants to keep her baby, too...
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >