Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 samuel4799
Msg: 23
What do you 'guys' or girls' do when someone much older e-mails you?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Just appreciate the idea that someon gave a dam about you to send you a message. If you're not into them, let them down easy and move on...
 HedonistDrifter
Msg: 26
What do you 'guys' or girls' do when someone much older e-mails you?
Posted: 9/10/2005 3:54:16 PM
I just delete. unless theyre hot.

Not cool ...If someone took the time to write you, they deserve a reply even if its a "not interested"...Well that's my opinion anyway
 dud
Msg: 29
 Double Cabin
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2005 4:19:56 PM
Folks, we live in a world where people of dramatically different ages in fact hook up. I have no problem being deleted, it is simply a quicker sign to move on. I can afford the time to answer all my inquiries, many attractive youngsters can't. Remeber, the world is not about "Me."
 Eccentricity
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2005 5:02:11 PM
I'll usually reply back and try and get a "vibe" for the person. If they're much much older I'll still talk because I might just end up making a new friend if they're cool.
 mcbobly
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2005 9:05:53 PM
I reply out of consideration. Who knows anyway, it might lead to a good friendship.
 dud
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/10/2005 9:11:52 PM
ok krystl, ya got me! sometimes i read them AND drool lol
 JWA
Msg: 51
Posted: 9/11/2005 1:44:35 PM
As one of the certified "old wrinklies" here I'll add this........................

More than a few times I've seen a younger woman who's either cute, beautiful, interesting, sensual-looking, intelligent, HOT or in some way draws my interest. Nearly everytime I've known in advance there wouldn't be any reciprocal "romantic" interest on their parts so I didn't approach them in that way. I've received comments from "Uhhhh....like, Dood....ur......ummmm....errrr....like OLD....." to "Thanks but no thanks" to "Thanks for the nice words". After reading a few posts here on POF when/if I contact someone in compliments only manner I include a disclaimer saying what I'm doing. Funny thing is I STILL get that same mix of replies!

If someone outside your age preference does contact you tell them the truth---just don't be mean about it! I personally have no problem being told I'm a bit outside the age limits and don't take offense to being told so. Those who have said accept it and send a polite reply show some nice, kind traits---we all TRY to offer that I hope?!?

Anyway, Geezers RULE!! Keep up the good work kids and smile---one day you'll be here looking back and wondering where the He77 YOUR youth went---I'm STILL wondering!! LOL

J W
 dceeeee
Msg: 53
Posted: 9/12/2005 7:00:00 AM
The men older than me are dead or in nursing homes. The men my age want teeny boppers....what's a woman to do? (I don't email younger guys because that's not what I want, but I'm scared to email guys my own age because even if they are older than me, I'm still too "old" for them, I guess.) Life is a bytch and then you die!! LOL
 SHE-DEVIL-36
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/12/2005 8:50:51 AM
I respond back.....I have been guilty of deleting someone after reading...but I read all mail sent to me.....and try to reply in a sweet way....there is no reason to hurt anyone's feelings...unless they hurt yours..hehe....

I have dated men older and younger than me......I like MEN period...even if it is only of a friends only nature....I think men are so interesting....and intriguing...and just downright COOL......

I have told men they were too young for me....and too old for me.....but in a nice way!!!

I have been told I am too old...hehe....a couple of times too.....but along the phrase...you couldnt handle this baby!.....I laughed and said..I am too OLD to get caught by THAT phrase BABY...hehe
 dud
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/12/2005 8:53:38 AM
now how could someone say that ^ lil devil is too old? are you kidding?
 Lazyboyz
Msg: 71
Posted: 9/13/2005 7:54:01 PM
If you don't have age restrictions on then I'd say that you're open to the possibility - aren't you? Maybe you enjoyed hopping on gramps' knee's a bit too much? LOL
 Lazyboyz
Msg: 77
Posted: 9/18/2005 3:18:59 AM
One of my co-workers' husband is 62 and she's 38....she's very happy with him regardless
of what anybody else thinks. I met him at an office party - after a few minutes of
getting to know him - I swear - you'd not believe he's 62....he may look it, but does not talk it. He's such a great guy...very funny.

Older people are not feable - they're like you and I.....sheesh...it sounds
like I'm defending an elephant man or something.

But I still ask her why she'd rob the death bed....as a joke of course. LMAO...it's the only good old-people joke I know.
 ~Bronwyn~
Msg: 78
Posted: 9/18/2005 3:26:33 AM
Personally I try to make a point of writing back everyone who makes time to write me.
 crystalise
Msg: 85
Posted: 9/20/2005 1:49:55 AM
depends on so many things. Just chat...doesnt bother me. Date I would probably say thanks, Im flattered, but no thanks,

Definitely do NOT reply and say Youre too old. Its just rude and insulting and unnecessary. A little tact doesnt take much time. Karma guys, one day you're going to be that age too.

: D
 callendargirl
Msg: 87
Posted: 9/20/2005 5:52:21 AM
As Thumper the rabbit in the Walt Disney movie told Bambi , 'If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'

I stick with that.
 chunli
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/9/2005 8:38:45 PM
I've had a couple of people contact me that are 20-30 years older than me, some older than my parent's age. I don't want to be rude so I respond back but I only talk and keep to them on a penpal friend level.
 irocnman
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2006 2:56:16 PM
If they take the time to write you, respond with a courtious answer. besides you never know who you will meet or become friends with. I am 42 and a woman that was 53 emailed me. I read what she had to say and wrote back. When I met her she literally knocked me out of my socks, she was a very classy outstanding lady that looked 33. She did not look or act her age at all. I took her to OKC for dinner and SHE paid for a HOTEL not Motel and about killed me. I saw the sun break in her eyes when she was on top making love to me. I have had a lot of girls, woman, sluts and whatever. But I have never been ****ed, made love to, played with or performed on like this woman did.I was and still am in total all of this woman. And every once in a while, about 3 times a year I get the call to to play with this woman.I work out and make sure that each time I meet her I am in better shape than I was before because I know it is going to be a long weekend. Last spring she took me to a exclusive mens clothing store and she bought 2 new Namebrand suits plus the works, shoes and all and told me that it was to me from her for being me. Can't beat that. I pay for the HOTEL now, and it is worth every DAMN Penny of it. Each time I am with her it is as if she is getting younger and I am getting older. This woman is TRULY AWSOME!!!! So answering a little email may be worth your time. Oh you will never find a lady like this one I guarentee it. But if you could get anything close to her, it would be worth an email.
 NoStringsAttachedEver
Msg: 116
Posted: 7/25/2006 9:22:12 AM
I think it is a case by case kind of thing.

I think people can get away with maybe 15 years tops in age difference without too many problems. Because that kind of gap, two people can still be going to college together (one as a reentry student/grad student) , where I think you can meet someone a little older and it can still work out long term.

Anyone about twice your age, could work out, but its probably too much of a time gap.
 aims1225
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2006 3:23:21 PM
I guess age is certainly a preference thing and also depending on what you're looking for, just chat, relationship, etc...but I usually just don't respond which I guess is rude. Some people posted some good alternatives instead. Funny, I just read another posting where someone's issue was all the restrictions that people place on their profile, age included, because it limits people just getting to know other people, not necessarily for dating. That's why these forums are great...there's 9 million differences of opinions out there!
 ladyc4
Msg: 119
Posted: 7/25/2006 4:41:51 PM
Hasn't been a real big issue for me, I'm guessing that the gentlemen much older than myself are probably too busy reading their birthday cards from President and Mrs. Bush...
I don't think I've ever emailed a guy who was more than 10 years younger than myself...
Cindy O
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >