Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Katietxgirl
Msg: 120
why are there so many men without photos..........Page 10 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
In response to Msg 25, it isn't shallow to have preferences with looks. Everyone is attracted to some people and not to others. Doesn't make that person shallow. I'm not out for a great-looking man, but I do want one that I find attractive. Now, what he has on the inside greatly increases the chance that I will find him attractive. But I have to admit that I'm not attracted to some men who don't take care of themselves, are really overweight, etc.

I wish people would stop saying that considering looks is shallow. Everyone does it, and it's natural.
 clarins
Msg: 122
why are there so many men without photos..........
Posted: 4/5/2008 12:25:42 AM
why are there so many women without photos u catch more with a pic than without
 opnmydm
Msg: 123
Posted: 4/5/2008 2:09:24 AM
can you say "married"
 Strongdad
Msg: 131
Posted: 8/3/2008 2:11:12 PM
Pictures lie, too. Take mine for example. You would not know it to look at my pic, but I stunt double for Brad Pitt.

I met someone recently who was much heavier than even her pics showed. Sadly, there are no guarantees.

SD
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 132
Why are there so many men without photos...
Posted: 8/3/2008 2:13:23 PM
There are some that legitimately don't have a picture on their profiles for professional purposes and I can understand that.

But there IS the option to upload pictures and set them to private which means you can attach them to any message you send but they're not visible to anyone looking at your profile.

Problem solved.

I don't like being asked for my email address so someone can email me their photo when they can choose the private image option instead and be done with it.

I recently had some snake write to me and claim to be a successful real estate mover and shaker about 25-30 miles away from me. He was pretty aggressive with wanting to talk on the phone and then a subsequent meeting and I told him it was only fair that I saw his picture since he'd seen mine.

This guy needed an updated version of "The Married Man's Guide to Lying & Cheating" because his excuses for having no picture were pitifully pathetic.

He said, "oh, I can hardly turn this computer on. I just don't know how to upload a picture and haven't taken the time to try to learn but I will."

I replied, "gosh, and there's no professional portrait of you on your company's website that you could direct me to? Hmmmm...so let me get this straight - you were able to find your way to Plenty of Fish, you managed to fill out a full profile, you did a geographical search and located me based on whatever preferences you chose, you wrote to me, you knew when I'd written back and were able to read my reply to which you replied back once more, YET uploading a picture is beyond your technological capabilities? Seriously????"

Oddly enough, the dumb-ass never replied.

Wonder why?
 vivaciousvixen2
Msg: 133
Posted: 8/3/2008 2:44:12 PM
i would say that they are hiding from their partner their secret online love life. my ex husband put a photo of another man(hijacked some strange man's phot) on the internet in my hometown on the site that i belonged to when he lives in ONTARIO with some woman not florida which is where i live and stalked me. how would she know this? his photo wasn't there. he used another man's photo!!!!! weird and crazy!!!
 Ignoble
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2008 8:44:55 PM
Men without photos are generally hideous or getting ready to lie to you for whatever reason. That simple. ^_^ (I'm sure there are exceptions though.
 OLD_1957
Msg: 150
Posted: 8/29/2008 4:33:25 PM
Women are just as bad about not posting a photo or one that is 10-15 years old. Also long distance shots. It is just plain deceptive.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 151
Posted: 8/29/2008 4:42:04 PM
Single and not looking... Not online anyway.
 jon525
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 4:49:27 PM
It can also be about the same with women on these sites..
 seven_up4444
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 4:56:37 PM
I agree with wascallywabbit. It is either because they are married, low self-esteem or privacy.
I do not post a picture. I will email one to those who request it. I find it very presumptuous that everyone finds a negative connotation to not having a photo. I do work for a place that frowns on my space, facebook or any advertisement. I should not have to post to the world to date someone I might meet online. I also do not want to be harrassed by an ex who might see my photo. I am definitely not obese nor have a low self-esteem. I would not judge by this because you might give up something good.
 percylloyd
Msg: 158
Posted: 8/29/2008 10:55:00 PM
This is my take on people not having pics on different chat sites.

I have heard time and time again, law enforcement people telling the public, NOT to place their pics on the Internet, period.
It is for everyone's safety. It is that simple.
I don't need another reason. So, why don't people listen?
Too much is happening today, to take such a high risk. Someone could see your pic, track you down, and only God knows what could happen.
Why are some people such risk takers?
I rest my case!

Please, people, be extremely careful. As I said above, too much crime is happening today. Hate crimes are everywhere.
Why DON'T you listen?? People are out there, ready to commit a crime, and you are just NOT listening to the Police. Why, again, I ask are you taking such risks? Why?
 1badgurl
Msg: 160
Posted: 8/30/2008 3:53:59 AM
.... a man without pictures i dont respond i mean lets face it there has to be an attraction i mean they e-mailed you because of your pics so its only fair
 ksenia1
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:36:56 PM
Lol, I agree totally.What really get me is when they say must have photo to contact user, but yet they don't have one...
 Pink Rose Lady
Msg: 166
Posted: 9/4/2008 9:40:31 PM
Did anyone notice this was posted back in 2005 by a girl with no pic uploaded to her profile? Imagine that.

Pink
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 167
Posted: 9/4/2008 9:42:49 PM

hey guys how to you expect to get a date when you post no photo
POF deleted my Photos after they'd been posted for a couple of years and never emailed or notified me as to why. I do however state in my profile where and how to view my photos on other sites.
 owlnite56
Msg: 170
Posted: 9/5/2008 12:09:25 PM
My answer is a relative one. I need someone to show me how and I would be glad to add a photo to my profile. I see alot of women assume the reason is physical looks but in my case I am not computer savy enough to do it. I am posting this answer in response to a lady by the name of jennyann68 and I must say she must have had alot of bad experiences on here. Oh well, thats life I suppose. But I can only speak for myself.
 Remagine
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2008 12:40:34 PM
Why do women post pics of their animals, scenery and horribly pixelated photos? No photo would be better than an old shot captured off myspace...
 fancynanci
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2008 1:03:41 PM
I've wondered that myself. And what is really funny to me is that I have 8 photos posted and men with no photos at all posted ask me to see more photos of myself.
 petite2760
Msg: 177
Posted: 9/5/2008 1:22:29 PM
ksue44 They are:
Ugly
Have something to hide - maybe a wife or a girlfriend in the closet
Technologically challenged and don't know how to operate a camera
Too cheap to have their pics taken
Under the age of 18
Undercover IRS Agents

Undercover IRS Agents

Or a SPY by profession. how i would love to communicate with them and exchange some ideas that I can borrow....
 livinglife719
Msg: 178
Posted: 9/5/2008 1:38:22 PM
All men over 55 look the same or 90% profile of looks are bald, fat{pot belly} and they want ms America """"""and they do not want marriage just a """""cook and to take them to the dr. and $$$$support them,,and usually their dog.

this sounds exactly like the loving caring woman I'm looking for !!!
 diamonds5
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2008 3:00:56 PM
I totally understand where you are coming from. I for one always want to give people a chance and say to myself "Don't be superficial" But lately, I am finding that men sound great without a pic and then pull the card of oh..i have one on msn..can you add me..then u do and there is no picture to be found..But they have been able to see you! What is with all the hiding? If you were in public, I think your face would be showing!And let's not even talk about Body type...Athletic..doesn't mean that you watch sports.

In the past, I was open to meeting whomever wanted to meet and was overwhelming disappointed at the MISREPRESENTATION of their description.

Can we lobby/contact POF to make it mandatory to post a picture??? and then with that you get fake pics...I don't think we'll ever win..hahah

So if your motto is NO PIC, NO COMMUNICATION..I understand completely!
Honestly, if you want to play games and not date...Go to a plyground...hahaha
 BDRT
Msg: 182
Posted: 9/5/2008 3:46:50 PM
If a man contacts me and has no pic, I simply ask to see one. If he has an excuse not to send one, so be it, but I won't be talking to him. If he sends one, great. Then, as Jen stated, if there's any attraction, we're good to continue to get to know each other.
 Naughtical
Msg: 187
Posted: 9/5/2008 6:05:12 PM

Because their ex burned them all.

Why ask just about the men...plenty of women on here don't have pictures
posted either?
Maybe the camera just doesn't "love" them.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >