Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kazoo
Msg: 70
view profile
History
why are there so many men without photos..........Page 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Can only speak for myself but posting a photo led to colleagues at work trying to set up blind dates ...lol...
 Ave Caesar
Msg: 73
why are there so many men without photos..........
Posted: 12/13/2007 8:22:35 PM
You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you...
 Naughtical
Msg: 77
Posted: 12/13/2007 8:54:06 PM
Well, hell...this thread was started waaaay back before the average person knew how to download pictures.
 boisegoodbadboy
Msg: 78
Posted: 12/13/2007 9:17:06 PM
i just deleted all the pics from my profile so i can now add intrigue to my dementedness
 marshlyn
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2007 10:03:39 AM
I have a photo posted One man wrote to me and said "if you post more photos you would get better results" How does he know what my results are? I went ahead and met him and talk about being narcissistic!
 northeast25
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/15/2007 10:58:38 AM
I find it very funny that some women think that all men without photos are ugly, married, or manipulators. Don't pre-judge a man just because he doesn't have a photo on his profile. You can't always tell how good looking someone is from their photo anyways. What about the people who use old, deceptive, and fake photos? I would rather meet a woman without a photo who gave a honest description of what she looks like over a woman who used her photo from 10 years ago, a woman who used a deceptive face shot to hide her fat body, or a woman who used a photo of another person. All of these things are fairly common on internet dating sites.
 katymomof4
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2007 12:18:10 PM
Excellent thread, don't you know they are all married and their wives are probably looking for them on here, so they leave out their picture and their occupation in hopes that she doesn't recognize the profile.

Well that is my opinion anyway!! But it could be true!!
 northeast25
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/15/2007 1:21:20 PM
You're absolutely right. We women should be more open minded to other possibilities. I'm sure the lack of a photo on a man's profile has nothing to do with deception. It's much better if we pre- judge a man (who has no photo posted) to be a bad photographer, too cheap to buy a digital camera or scanner, or too clueless to figure out how to use either.

If a bunch of men criticized women for not having pics on their profile and assumed that these women were fat, ugly or married, then these men would be called shallow. You can't have it both ways. A lot of men might not have a pic on their profile, but do send a real pic of themselves when they email a woman. Did you ever think about that possibility? Probably not. Like I said earlier, having a photo on a profile doesn't eliminate deception. There are plenty of people who use old, deceptive, or fake pictures.
 asianace10
Msg: 97
Posted: 12/15/2007 1:48:28 PM
I have talked to several men online that had no photo posted; and consistently it has been a big disappointment when they eventually sent one to me; so I no longer chat with a gentleman that has no photo, its a total waste of time.......yes they do have something to hide........apparently men that do not post photos are not serious about having an honest relationship and I'm sure they do very little dating, if any.........
 jf468
Msg: 100
Posted: 12/15/2007 11:35:35 PM
The point that northeast and a few other people was making is simply this. A man that is married, ugly, and/or fat could easily use a old, deceptive or fake pic to hide his true identity. There are plenty of stories where a person looked much different during the initial meeting/date than he/she did on the picture posted on the profile. I know some men without pics on their profiles that aren't fat, ugly, or married. You would have no way of knowing that a man without a pic is fat, ugly, or married until you met him. Just like you would have no way of knowing that a pic on a man's profile is recent and accurate until you met him.
 harleybabe2003
Msg: 103
Posted: 12/18/2007 10:52:44 AM
dah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are married silly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!or have a girlfriend at home....
Dont let them fool you
 Marjabu
Msg: 105
Posted: 12/18/2007 11:07:57 AM
they have something to hide. have chatted with a few with no photo....
if they dont cough up a photo either on POF or email, chances are I am not overly keen to meet them..............even when I didnt have a digital camera, I had a friend do some pics for me....so come on guys, why so shy!
 Pink Rose Lady
Msg: 110
Why are there so many men without photos...
Posted: 12/18/2007 8:56:27 PM
They are actually wolves in sheep's clothing and don't want us to see they are stalking us.

Pink
 northeast25
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/19/2007 5:49:05 AM

Yes, I can., because I never said women are exempt

Maybe it doesn't apply to you in particular. But there were some threads where some men stated that women without pics were fat and ugly. Some women stated that these men were shallow, ignorant, judgmental etc for making these comments. I still think plenty of ugly, fat, and/or married men ( or women ) would use a fake, old, or deceptive pic. They know that having a pic of a fairly attractive person on their profile will get a lot more attention than having a profile without a pic.
 oldtowngirl2
Msg: 112
Posted: 12/21/2007 4:41:50 PM
Only as shallow as you men! I am amazed how many men email me who do not have photos, yet on their email filters, they will not communicate with a woman who does not have a photo! What a double standard!
I asked one guy who had a very blurry photo up for a more clear one, and also suggested that virtually everyone has a digital camera, even on their phones, that even if he didn't have a digital camera, someone could take his pic for him and he could put it up shortly. Well, he got mad at me and accused me of being shallow and went on about how looks shouldn't matter, but when I asked him if he selected women based on their photos, especially since he commented on how nice I liked in mine, he got even madder! Of course his email filters were set on photos only - so he does value looks after all! Yet he does not want the woman to judge him on his!

The only other problem is , that most people post deceitful pics - younger, lighter, more hair etc... than they are now!
 northwoods57
Msg: 116
Posted: 12/22/2007 10:37:28 AM
mine is without pictures because I seek outside of my marriage lover. My daughter patronizes this site.
but I get a lot of hit (tire kickers), but no response. If I get a response, the woman teases, but for some reason, she backs off. Maybe she does not know what she is looking for, even though she indicates she wants an affair. Fickle?
 fancynanci
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2008 11:25:29 AM
I ask myself the same question frequently. Why no photo guys?
 Katietxgirl
Msg: 120
Posted: 3/5/2008 12:18:57 PM
In response to Msg 25, it isn't shallow to have preferences with looks. Everyone is attracted to some people and not to others. Doesn't make that person shallow. I'm not out for a great-looking man, but I do want one that I find attractive. Now, what he has on the inside greatly increases the chance that I will find him attractive. But I have to admit that I'm not attracted to some men who don't take care of themselves, are really overweight, etc.

I wish people would stop saying that considering looks is shallow. Everyone does it, and it's natural.
 clarins
Msg: 122
Posted: 4/5/2008 12:25:42 AM
why are there so many women without photos u catch more with a pic than without
 opnmydm
Msg: 123
Posted: 4/5/2008 2:09:24 AM
can you say "married"
 Strongdad
Msg: 131
Posted: 8/3/2008 2:11:12 PM
Pictures lie, too. Take mine for example. You would not know it to look at my pic, but I stunt double for Brad Pitt.

I met someone recently who was much heavier than even her pics showed. Sadly, there are no guarantees.

SD
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 132
Why are there so many men without photos...
Posted: 8/3/2008 2:13:23 PM
There are some that legitimately don't have a picture on their profiles for professional purposes and I can understand that.

But there IS the option to upload pictures and set them to private which means you can attach them to any message you send but they're not visible to anyone looking at your profile.

Problem solved.

I don't like being asked for my email address so someone can email me their photo when they can choose the private image option instead and be done with it.

I recently had some snake write to me and claim to be a successful real estate mover and shaker about 25-30 miles away from me. He was pretty aggressive with wanting to talk on the phone and then a subsequent meeting and I told him it was only fair that I saw his picture since he'd seen mine.

This guy needed an updated version of "The Married Man's Guide to Lying & Cheating" because his excuses for having no picture were pitifully pathetic.

He said, "oh, I can hardly turn this computer on. I just don't know how to upload a picture and haven't taken the time to try to learn but I will."

I replied, "gosh, and there's no professional portrait of you on your company's website that you could direct me to? Hmmmm...so let me get this straight - you were able to find your way to Plenty of Fish, you managed to fill out a full profile, you did a geographical search and located me based on whatever preferences you chose, you wrote to me, you knew when I'd written back and were able to read my reply to which you replied back once more, YET uploading a picture is beyond your technological capabilities? Seriously????"

Oddly enough, the dumb-ass never replied.

Wonder why?
 vivaciousvixen2
Msg: 133
Posted: 8/3/2008 2:44:12 PM
i would say that they are hiding from their partner their secret online love life. my ex husband put a photo of another man(hijacked some strange man's phot) on the internet in my hometown on the site that i belonged to when he lives in ONTARIO with some woman not florida which is where i live and stalked me. how would she know this? his photo wasn't there. he used another man's photo!!!!! weird and crazy!!!
 Ignoble
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2008 8:44:55 PM
Men without photos are generally hideous or getting ready to lie to you for whatever reason. That simple. ^_^ (I'm sure there are exceptions though.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >