Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 annabelle123
Msg: 8
: vasectomies: for or against, whos' had em, and who would do it?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
They do a no scalpel, no needle vasectomy now. Only a 2mm incision and a 10 min procedure. You can drive home that hour. I think it is very practical for men who are finished having kids. Why is it always our job to handle the birth control?
 ebrown3931
Msg: 9
: vasectomies: for or against, whos' had em, and who would do it?
Posted: 9/16/2005 8:05:42 AM
had mine 5 yrs ago no problem at all and no regrets took alot of stress and worry off of my mind would for sure recommend it to any guy who doesnt want to father kids and who also doesnt to be a monk
 konaboy64
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/16/2005 9:03:29 AM
Did mine 8 month ago. No problem, a little uncomfortable and a little freaky watching sensitive parts of you turn really funny shades of purple hehehe.
My wife went through child birth. least I could do.
Now she wants to have spontaneous sex just about anywhere. No down side here.
 grplaman
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/16/2005 2:57:10 PM
vasectomies cause less volumn......since i love to swallow big cum loads, i don' t think they are good. my friend had it done. 4 months later his loads where less than half of what they use to be.
 hightechredneck
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2005 4:01:03 PM
I am going to have one. I decided that when my EX girlfriend cheated on me and ended out getting knocked up by the guy she cheated on me with.
 jmsglds
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/16/2005 5:42:14 PM
I have never been able to have children:
I have been sterile all my life; being an orphan, I have no idea why.
 c_deacon
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2005 6:19:03 PM
It is always an option and depends on your situation, age, and who you are with.

Those that I have been with over the years are either on the pill for a reason that they chose and not just for birth control......many use it to regulate their periods, help with cramping, control hormones, etc.

Others had their tubes tied after the last birth of a child for reasons when they were married, and some had to have a hysterectomy. All valid reasons to take charge or their own bodies and I did not have to do mine that way.

I would be happy to get one when in a relationship that involves someone that needs me to have one.

Just my thoughts on this subject.
 sammysalt
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/16/2005 6:45:01 PM
when I was pregant I asked my husband to have one to see his answer, and he was like no way is anyone going to do that to me. Didn't matter that I was going to get really big, and have a baby, and go threw all that pain. We desided I would get my tubes cut, tied, and burned when I was done having the baby. Thought they would do it, as soon as I had the baby, but no they waited a day, and it felt like someone took a base ball bat to my belly. That on top of just having a baby. Just because he wouldn't get fixed. My brother, and my sisters old man, and a uncle have gotten fixed. But thats all the men in the family. They prefer the girls take care of it. I think thats sad. On the other hand I wanted fixed years ago, just didn't turn out that way. Long story.
 LMAN_67
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/16/2005 11:09:28 PM
yup..easist thing i ever did..wouldnt think of having sex without lol
 grplaman
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/17/2005 5:48:25 AM
vasectomies are good for the prevention of unwanted pregnancies....BUT, and there's always a but, in some states even if you live with a woman for 5 years or more and she has children, she can turn around and make you the legal gaurdian of her children and many courts have sided with the woman. Many men have left this country to escape that very thing just because they hepled out a woman with and infant for five years or longer.
 sparticuss
Msg: 27
Posted: 10/28/2006 8:14:24 AM
Cheaper (and easier than a hysterectomy) and reversable, easy and cheap, why not do it for your loved one,
=====================================
I'm splitting hairs here but who told you they were reversible.

In THEORY a good 90% of them are reversible if the doctor sets to with his scapel again.
In practice the guys are so delighted with the vasectomy that, given the option of a reversal, they usually tell the doctor exactly what s/he can do with that there scapel. Boy do the doctors wince.
 sparticuss
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/28/2006 8:16:06 AM
The tests afterwards are a little like a drunk driver test.

- Please blow in the bag ssir
- Hun? What for?
- To test your capability
- But why
- Wer'e trying to cut down on accidents.
 sparticuss
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/28/2006 8:19:33 AM
Wait a minute, I'm pretty sure there are enough women in science today to find one who is capable of coming up with a pill for men.
===============================
Several Australian isntitutions are very close to something thats commercially viable. They try too keep the progress reports fairly quiet though.

Because every time they make a breakthourgh and get that one step closer it leaks to the press.

And thousands of guys are knocking down their front doors the next day trying to get hold of these new male pills.
 sparticuss
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/28/2006 8:24:04 AM
Honestly? When I hear mens' responses (which is nil) to this topic I get mainly pissed off, its like they relate their manhood to their virility......guys~~~come now, get real!
============================================
it's you who needs to take a course in reality m dear. Not the guys. This is a vasectomey in paticular, conraception in general discussion.
Not a man bashing session.

You women assume that, if a man walks crooked, or pases out in the street, its because hes drunk. I know different. The last time I passed out in the street was courtesy of a double dose of flu bodering on pnemonia. And I definitely know the difference between the drunk stagger and the vasectomy tiptoe.
 sparticuss
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/28/2006 8:26:40 AM
yup..easist thing i ever did..wouldnt think of having sex without lol
==================================
Please post the name and location of your doctor on the board.

If it was that easy then s/he's good.

Mine was harder than a tooth filling but easier than a root canal. I HATE those root canals.

When I asked the nurse if I could safely ride my motorbike home from the operation she collapsed in giggles for five mins. When she pulled herself together she advised me to take a taxi. I did. But I could have ridden the bike home if need be.
 sparticuss
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/28/2006 8:28:14 AM
.....just thinking of an erection back then makes them squirm in their seats years later.
==========================================
You post their doctors names too.
So's we can avoid them like the plague.
 fwblooking
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/20/2007 3:39:02 PM
Had one... can't beat it... and it's a lot of fun showing off your scars. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >