Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Vannili
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Why do young men think older women are interested in them?Page 15 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
qoute -- --- I think your responses 'says it all'.I think it also says you can't read. women do not -necessarily -want to date younger men----------------------If you don't like /can't deal with that- tough.Please don't try to 'blame us' for your inadequacies- we're not buying any more.
Hmm,enteresting respond,but it does not make sense to me. I enjoyed all the Subjects and Messages but is one does not grab me..
 zangie
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Why do young men think older women are interested in them?
Posted: 1/30/2009 5:25:16 PM

Its's rude and disrespectful when a guy 20 years or so younger hits on you. Go pay for a prostitute, and give her a tip as to not insult her as well. Within 10 years or so is OK

Maybe I got it all wrong...but, I find it flattering...even if it is all about what they think I know or can do...lol...

Obviously, guys in the 20's ,no matter how hot, we are just worlds apart in where we have been and where we want to go...

But, guys from their mid thirties on.... with a lot of them I don't find any glaring differences...I tend to not decide by the age...but, by if he fits my other criteria...and by how mature he is, and like any guy of any age...is he looking for the same things as I?

I have never, even when I was young, been attracted to men older than me, or not by much...it isn't deliberate, just the way it always worked out...
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 316
Posted: 1/30/2009 7:09:51 PM
Why do young men think this?

Because some older women are interested?
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 317
Posted: 1/30/2009 8:47:13 PM

I just cut my hair, so as to be in some way similar to my photo on my drivers licence, and it is getting close to spring, and you know what, one of my friends, who has red hair, and it is springy, went to Florida this winter, but her's is red, mine is blond, mousy colur, but it feels nice,

Did I miss an earlier post? I am trying to figure out how this fits in with the topic.
 zangie
Msg: 318
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2009 1:12:03 AM

Did I miss an earlier post? I am trying to figure out how this fits in with the topic.

I don't think so Gwendolyn...I had trouble even understanding it, let alone seeing the connection?
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 322
Posted: 1/31/2009 6:47:33 AM

Maybe they like playing with jelly or rolling marbles down the stretch mark tracks i am not sure .

Maybe this is why SOME women like younger men: SOME men who are 50 are so meanly critical that the differing attitudes of SOME younger men are refreshing.

When men put such a high premium on looks, they should be fine specimens--drop-dead handsome--yet they never are.

Strangely contradictory.
 oldbuddy7
Msg: 328
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2009 1:26:32 AM
I do not mind younger MEN, but the boys(18-25) PLEASE I would reall prefer to date someone older than my children.
I have dated younger guys and had some very poor results, most of it was due to the person they were more than age. However at 50 I now get to add a whole new set of questions to my pre-meet list. I don't mind going out with a gentleman in his 30's, but I want a long term relationship and in 5 or 10 yrs I do NOT want to do this all over again. If a younger man has no children I am uncomfortable believing he wants a life long comitment with someone that (Thank You Mother Nature) can NOT give them children of there own. Unfortunatly many young men are now doing what young woman have done for a long time-trade youth for security at least untill they are established and can attract someone to share children with.
I know it may sound strange, but I have never had a problem finding a partner for sex and do not care to support you in exchange for sex. I want someone to share the rest of my life, and not just a few short years just to be back here looking again.
 readyornot57
Msg: 329
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2009 7:49:02 AM
Post 432 hinted at some of what I am to write.
A lot of mature women have their own home. This is very appealing to the younger guy. The younger guy also believes that the older woman will be GRATEFUL for the easy and available sex. Or maybe he wants a mommy.
It is equally ugly for the younger woman with the older guy. Except she is not into the sex and uses it for material gain.
Of course there are exceptions. But if you are going to date someone younger, do it with eyes wide open. You are a source of financial security, temporary or permanent.
And older women who get the emails from the young guys have to understand that the same guy probably wisked of forty more similar emails that same day to other older women. Just takes ONE nibble to get set up.
You are also a more ready, dependable source of sex than tempermental younger women, and less fickle.
For a young guy who is not serious, it is win win win win win.

I usually am not so blunt and I apologize for that, but I think people should stick to their own age range, if they truly want a chance at happiness.
But if it is just for sex, and that is what you want, hey, go for it.
Wow, I sound bitter and lonely in this post don't I? (Sigh)
 readyornot57
Msg: 330
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2009 8:00:49 AM
I just saw a recent movie in which Robert DiNiro is having a relationship with a woman who appears to be in her early thirties. There is no nudity other than the shirtless, paunchy DeNiro panting as he attempts to bring things to a conclusion, but I keep thinking
YUCK EW SHOW SOME DIGNITY!!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWW How much did they pay her to even SIMULATE THIS!?
 sunnyone47446
Msg: 335
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2009 4:41:36 PM
Wow ohtereugo...sounds like you are a person who has been shot down by an older woman.
Sour grapes perhaps?
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 339
Posted: 2/1/2009 6:35:26 PM
Your remarks were vile, sexist, and ageist. I can understand someone younger being all those things, but for a "mature" man to make the remarks you made about jelly and stretch marks show that some men never mature--they just age. There is little less appealing than a clueless old man who continues talking about women as if they are object to be ridiculed.

The remarks were vile because they indicated that middle aged (or senior) women are fat and unattractive because of the "ravages" of age. Making a comment such as this also indicates that somehow, you are beyond the same ravages. You aren't.

The remark was sexist because your unflattering statement disparaged women--reducing us to "jelly" and "stretch marks" where in fact, we are much more than the sum of our abdomens.

It was ageist because you targeted older women. You backpedal when you say:
oh and i guess 20 year olds and up dont have stretch marks
but you are just trying to CYA. You were making a swipe at older women and every mature woman in this forum knows it--you know it, too. Keep backpedaling, it's like putting on a condom after sex: useless.

Most young men go for older chicks because they are an easy lay especially the ones that seek out the young ones .

At least older women are getting laid. And if I am going to be an "easy lay," it might as well be with someone who can maintain an erection.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 342
Posted: 2/1/2009 8:12:08 PM

Far out heres a tip i dont back peddle anytime lol

Truthfully, the rest of this post is unintelligible.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 345
Posted: 2/2/2009 6:24:20 AM

Kinda funny that people put profiles up to be noticed...and then when someone notices them, they get offended.

I totally agree. Women who show legs or cleavage and then are offended when men look are in this category--in real life or online. Rude remarks are one thing, but we put up pictures to be noticed and anyone who says differently is outright lying or merely lying to themselves.

I'm 27, someone should explain to me why men over 50 think that I'm in any way on the same level, let alone on the same life path as them.

I think it is wishful thinking on their parts. Why do extremely obese, barely literate men message me? Do they think we are on the same life path?
 celts123
Msg: 346
Posted: 2/2/2009 10:59:59 AM

Kinda funny that people put profiles up to be noticed...and then when someone notices them, they get offended

I agree. I think there is no need for some older women to get angry about younger men contacting them. If you aren't interested, then put an age restriction on your emails or tell them that "we're not a match". I have received emails from women that I'm not interested in. Much older women, obese women, women with 5 kids, women that live 500 miles from me. I don't get angry. At least someone is showing interest in me.
 zangie
Msg: 348
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2009 6:53:46 PM

its disrespectful interest.

Just curious...why do you think it is? Isn't disrespect on the behavior or belief of the other person? If they don't do it out of disrespect?

I agree with Celts123 ( even with his implied insults...lol)...genuine interest is a compliment..I never think someone is disrespecting me by showing interest...their behavior later may be..and that's another story....but, interest is interest...we really don't have a lot of control over who we are attracted to, and nothing ventured is nothing gained. JMO
 zangie
Msg: 351
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2009 5:45:31 PM
sleeping beauty: I agree that NSA sex is an insult to some women...but, others are ok with it...the offers used to offend me...then, I just figured less stressful to amusingly decline, or chalk it up to being run by hormones, and not take it personally...happens to all women, after all. Like anything else, if it isn't what you are looking for, you don't have to agree or go along, but, no sense getting angry about it...doesn't change the behavior and causes us stress...just how I handle it.

( I was just contacted by an 18!!! year old...now, obviously that is inappropriate...but, I will nicely turn him down, and not insult his interest...he is young and he doesn't have a lot ofexperience with this whole thing anyway....)
 celts123
Msg: 354
Posted: 2/9/2009 12:02:23 PM
even with his implied insults...lol

I wasn't putting down these types of women. I just simply wouldn't be interested in dating them. Either I'm not physically attracted to them. Or it would be unrealistic for me to have a LTR with them.
 cw35
Msg: 359
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 5:50:42 AM
Thequestion: There actually is a problem with the whole older-younger thing and you just proved it. Even though it may happen a lot, older guys dating younger women is frowned upon where older women dating younger guys is not. You just mention a pairing close to the same age as your own relationship, yet you called it "perverted". Of course your relationship is soooo much deeper because you're an older woman and not an older man. Right. No hypocrisy there. Another thing that makes me sick is older women putting down men over 40 to make an excuse for the fact that they can't admit to themselves that all they care about is looks and not substance. At least have the guts to admit what these relationships usually are instead of offending me and other men in the process. I've got news for you. I'm almost 40 and I can GUARANTEE you couldn't keep up with me. If guys my age are chasing after younger women it's most likely because of the ridiculous stereotypes and attitudes from older women like you.
 zangie
Msg: 361
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 7:18:22 PM

she's loking for a male within the age range 18-55.

Well, mine says 0-99 ...haha..what does that mean...

I don't look for a specific age..though there is a general range in my head, and I am not generally attracted to men 10 or more years older than me..I don't discourage anyone based on their age alone, with the exception of very young...
 d8withf8
Msg: 362
Posted: 2/12/2009 7:24:33 PM
Because older men cant F**** sorry older guys.
 wondering4some1
Msg: 365
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2009 2:08:55 AM
I have a scenario for you, I came out of a 16 year relationship with my ex husband, child in hand, I waited 18mths before moving on and in that whole time the only guys that hit on me where much younger. My son had even been told by the young 17 yo at the video store .. your mums a milf... like that was supposed to be a compliment (my son is 10!!) so i finally decided to jump back in and started dating a co worker - 7 years younger. 3 years later and after moving in together for 14mths he gets up and leaves saying he isnt ready blah blah blah that he loves me and im so special etc etc then i find out that 2 weeks after meeting the 'family' yes it took 3 years, his father pulled him aside and said, i agree son she is very attractive.... now but in 10 years time can you honestly say that you wouldnt be embaressed being seen with her!!! Now you tell me, is it the young that have the issue because they attracted to older women, or is it the older man who cant fathom why a younger man would be interested in the first place.
 cw35
Msg: 366
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2009 6:17:22 AM
dream: 30 to 40 happens in the blink of an eye. Let's see if you have the same generalizations and stupid stereotypes once that "blink" happens.
 Big_Boy_Bobby
Msg: 368
Posted: 2/13/2009 6:57:18 AM
I am a younger man that is interested in older women , i am 18 and mostly all of the women that i go for and date are between the age group of 20-29! younger guys like older women because they are more experienced and they dont come with all of the highschool drama that girls our age do. we like to be able to sit down and have a decent conversation with somebody that isnt just worried about their nails or goin to the mall or tryin to get you to fight almost every guy that even looks at her. i mean coming from years of experience ive realized that every women that i was with that was my own age ended me up in jail for something totaly stupid. i mean with age comes wisdom and experience and younger men find that extremely attractive , so i guess you could say this is why we go for older women ok.
Sincerely,
Bobby
 discrete_contact
Msg: 370
Posted: 2/13/2009 10:20:46 PM
I don't think they are interested in older women. They don't have anything else to choose from. And they face reality. The young women in your country are kokee and arrogant and unreachable for them. What can a young guy come up with? With a 50.000 student loan? and maybe with a 1000 $ car? What are their options? Have you asked that first? Lack of options.
If I put this story to Brazil they would laugh with their asses at this concept. The norm there is that the guy is 40 and she is 25. (but there are tons os 18-18 y old couples...TONS) Now in your "original" setup guys are looking for what they may believe they can reach to....thinking that an "old fart" lady would give them some considerantion....for a while anyways. Which may work in 10-20% of the cases. And by the way...Do you think a young guy would like to stay with an "old fart lady" for LIFE if say it happens? Sweet dreams in LA-LA Land.
 cw35
Msg: 374
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2009 11:55:21 PM
kera: You're 45 years old with a phd looking to date guys from 18-24. There's something a little off about that. Most people would label that as a bit sick if the roles were reversed but I guess the rules that seem to apply to men don't count for women anyway. You should move to Canada then you could date 16 year olds. Obviously you're looking for an ego boost of some sort rather than a real relationship. Either that or you're the most immature person with a phd on the planet.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >