Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 celts123
Msg: 354
Why do young men think older women are interested in them?Page 20 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
even with his implied insults...lol

I wasn't putting down these types of women. I just simply wouldn't be interested in dating them. Either I'm not physically attracted to them. Or it would be unrealistic for me to have a LTR with them.
 cw35
Msg: 359
view profile
History
Why do young men think older women are interested in them?
Posted: 2/12/2009 5:50:42 AM
Thequestion: There actually is a problem with the whole older-younger thing and you just proved it. Even though it may happen a lot, older guys dating younger women is frowned upon where older women dating younger guys is not. You just mention a pairing close to the same age as your own relationship, yet you called it "perverted". Of course your relationship is soooo much deeper because you're an older woman and not an older man. Right. No hypocrisy there. Another thing that makes me sick is older women putting down men over 40 to make an excuse for the fact that they can't admit to themselves that all they care about is looks and not substance. At least have the guts to admit what these relationships usually are instead of offending me and other men in the process. I've got news for you. I'm almost 40 and I can GUARANTEE you couldn't keep up with me. If guys my age are chasing after younger women it's most likely because of the ridiculous stereotypes and attitudes from older women like you.
 zangie
Msg: 361
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 7:18:22 PM

she's loking for a male within the age range 18-55.

Well, mine says 0-99 ...haha..what does that mean...

I don't look for a specific age..though there is a general range in my head, and I am not generally attracted to men 10 or more years older than me..I don't discourage anyone based on their age alone, with the exception of very young...
 d8withf8
Msg: 362
Posted: 2/12/2009 7:24:33 PM
Because older men cant F**** sorry older guys.
 wondering4some1
Msg: 365
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2009 2:08:55 AM
I have a scenario for you, I came out of a 16 year relationship with my ex husband, child in hand, I waited 18mths before moving on and in that whole time the only guys that hit on me where much younger. My son had even been told by the young 17 yo at the video store .. your mums a milf... like that was supposed to be a compliment (my son is 10!!) so i finally decided to jump back in and started dating a co worker - 7 years younger. 3 years later and after moving in together for 14mths he gets up and leaves saying he isnt ready blah blah blah that he loves me and im so special etc etc then i find out that 2 weeks after meeting the 'family' yes it took 3 years, his father pulled him aside and said, i agree son she is very attractive.... now but in 10 years time can you honestly say that you wouldnt be embaressed being seen with her!!! Now you tell me, is it the young that have the issue because they attracted to older women, or is it the older man who cant fathom why a younger man would be interested in the first place.
 cw35
Msg: 366
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2009 6:17:22 AM
dream: 30 to 40 happens in the blink of an eye. Let's see if you have the same generalizations and stupid stereotypes once that "blink" happens.
 Big_Boy_Bobby
Msg: 368
Posted: 2/13/2009 6:57:18 AM
I am a younger man that is interested in older women , i am 18 and mostly all of the women that i go for and date are between the age group of 20-29! younger guys like older women because they are more experienced and they dont come with all of the highschool drama that girls our age do. we like to be able to sit down and have a decent conversation with somebody that isnt just worried about their nails or goin to the mall or tryin to get you to fight almost every guy that even looks at her. i mean coming from years of experience ive realized that every women that i was with that was my own age ended me up in jail for something totaly stupid. i mean with age comes wisdom and experience and younger men find that extremely attractive , so i guess you could say this is why we go for older women ok.
Sincerely,
Bobby
 discrete_contact
Msg: 370
Posted: 2/13/2009 10:20:46 PM
I don't think they are interested in older women. They don't have anything else to choose from. And they face reality. The young women in your country are kokee and arrogant and unreachable for them. What can a young guy come up with? With a 50.000 student loan? and maybe with a 1000 $ car? What are their options? Have you asked that first? Lack of options.
If I put this story to Brazil they would laugh with their asses at this concept. The norm there is that the guy is 40 and she is 25. (but there are tons os 18-18 y old couples...TONS) Now in your "original" setup guys are looking for what they may believe they can reach to....thinking that an "old fart" lady would give them some considerantion....for a while anyways. Which may work in 10-20% of the cases. And by the way...Do you think a young guy would like to stay with an "old fart lady" for LIFE if say it happens? Sweet dreams in LA-LA Land.
 cw35
Msg: 374
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2009 11:55:21 PM
kera: You're 45 years old with a phd looking to date guys from 18-24. There's something a little off about that. Most people would label that as a bit sick if the roles were reversed but I guess the rules that seem to apply to men don't count for women anyway. You should move to Canada then you could date 16 year olds. Obviously you're looking for an ego boost of some sort rather than a real relationship. Either that or you're the most immature person with a phd on the planet.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >