Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cw35
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Why do young men think older women are interested in them?Page 3 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
I'm not against different ages having relationships if it's for real reasons, I'm against all the put downs just because men are over 30. I also found the thing about the friend of the mother trying to bed a 16 year old a little more than offensive. I guess it's only vile if it's a man trying to have sex with kids judging by the reactions on the topic.
 EC22
Msg: 182
Why do young men think older women are interested in them?
Posted: 9/12/2007 6:07:21 AM
Oh and I'm perfectly aware of what the 20 somethings who email me are interested in...no matter HOW mature they come across. You're stupid if you think otherwise.

Not every younger man wants to use an older woman for sex. If a man is only interested in sex, the woman's age is often irrevelant. Personally I wouldn't care if the woman was 21, 30, 40, or 50 if I was only looking for sex. Some men prefer the overall package of beauty, sexual experience, maturity and wisdom that many older women have. Some men might like a woman who happens to be about 10-12 yrs older than him. Case in point. Demi Moore and her current husband. A few years ago, I was on another dating site, I got 4-5 initial emails from women in their late 30s and 40s. I'm not going to assume that all of these women were only looking for sex even though there are some older women and younger men who will use each other for sex. Maybe some of them have the same interests and lifestyle with younger men. Maybe they weren't having success with men around their age so they decided to try some new and different. I wasn't interested in these women because of other reasons ( distance, lack of attraction, smoking etc ), not the age difference.

This was most of the emails I was getting before I took my profile out of the searches. I typed a million "thank you for the nice email, unfortunately our age difference is just too great for my comfort" emails before I just had enough. I was getting them from the other end too, (old enough to be my daddy) and doing the same thing. I just gave up and said heck with it. I basically just hang out on the forums now.

Put an age restriction on your profile.
 EC22
Msg: 185
Posted: 9/12/2007 7:32:59 AM
Using Demi Moore or Michael Douglas as excuses to pursue the younger sexes is lame...

I'm not saying that people should date a younger person just because of some people in Hollywood. Demi Moore was just an example to prove that some younger men / older women relationships can work out and it's not only about sex.
 brock11
Msg: 188
Posted: 9/12/2007 7:58:04 AM
As a few other posters have stated, the amount of the age difference is a factor. I'm 29. I would have a serious relationship with a woman in her mid to late 30s. Maybe early 40s, but I doubt I would have a serious long term relationship with a woman who is around 45 or older. She could be attractive, share common interests with me, good in bed etc, but most likely we would have different long term goals. I'm sure that many people would agree with this. IMO there would be nothing with a person around my age having a short term fling with a 45-50 yr old woman if both people clearly understand the situation.
 ManeRider
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2007 9:00:34 AM
Without reading every single post, I'd like to pipe in and comment that, of the past 20 or more emails I've received (cold-calls) from women , ALL OF THEM were from older women.

If it appears men are attracted to older women, it's probably more likely that women have pushed the issue of dating younger men, to the extent that younger men have found security/opportunity dating older women, thereby succumbing to the notion.

Personally, I find a much greater opportunity dating a woman who is younger than I am. IMHO< there has been, and always will be a natural connection between an older man and a younger woman.
 ManeRider
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2007 11:13:18 PM
^^^^^^ would SUM1 please hand me a handkerchief. Im about to.......
I date younger women, not as a rule, but I do, nonetheless. At 45, there's quite a number of "younger women". but the truth is in one's heart. You are as old as you feel, and if one conveys this ideology, and lives it, age becomes less and less of a barrier. But for clarity, as I seem to have the need to preface my statements, I really have no intention, whatsoever, of being someones surrogate parent.
 cw35
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2007 1:53:09 AM
kist: Um, there's lots of put downs through this thread and others towards older men. Did you bother to read the thread? Oh no. I'm VERY insecure for trying to defend men. lol. Nice try. I've heard that crap on here before. It's a ploy to try and shut men up. Do you think I was born yesterday? Being ticked off about something and being insecure have nothing to do with each other. Grow up. I'm pointing out some ugly truths about the way a lot of wmen act on here and the double standards that exist. If you don't like it, too bad.
 cw35
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2007 11:21:58 AM
Haven't noticed too much knowledge difference when it comes to sexual technique because of age. That seems to be a popular misconception.
 bcdale
Msg: 210
Posted: 9/14/2007 12:01:57 AM
dear "sweet" sierra.. lol.. this might just be one of those times that your mother told you to listen and not speak.. lol.. think about it. you have all these handsome young bucks, telling you that you have it going on. enjoy it.. the day will come that you will only wish you could remember these days.. everything fades.. including your magnificence. lol.. think about it. the next time that anyone, and i mean anyone.. smiles at you sierra.. look them strait in the eyes, and then dig really deep inside yourself, and then.. ready for this?.. "SMILE"... because thats what its all about sierra.. life is about smiling and complimenting and wanting to feel loved and appreciated.. its all about easy, and fun, laughter and tears of joy.. so start living.. i wish you all the success at finding this wonderful euforia called life.. just concentrate on breathing.. let the rest fall into place all around you.. if you just accept it unconditionally. it really will.. lol.. have a wonderful life sierra.. you really are lovely.. we all are..... dale
 THE*JOSEY*WALES
Msg: 211
Posted: 9/14/2007 3:01:38 AM
I think young men like the Mothering situation an older woman can offer. When I was younger, many of my dates were much older, and I learned so much from them. They were so patient, kind, loving, and understanding. I think young men crave being mothered. Happens quite a bit.
 ManeRider
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2007 4:56:18 PM

Nice to see you again manerider
I always thought along the same aspects as your statement
i have a feeling that this older woman younger man thing is just a bunch of women doing what men have been doing for ages seeking a younger partner though again I will state that in the natural order of things as they were generally women wanted a bigger stronger older caveman who could bring home the mammoth steaks
Modern society and feminism as well as popular culture/media has killed this off

It's nice seeing you again, too, Yah Roo.
Good to see someones been holding the torch.

In response, we concur, once "again". I, too, believe women have incorporated much the same mentality as men of previous decades/generations, in that they've found youth in youthfulness, only my personal beliefs are that, a harmonic balance of nature comes about when women are younger than men, in relationships. It is as if the balance of more mature women ( of a natural occurance, women enjoy more maturity at younger ages) coincides with a man of experience (having sowed oats, paid dues, more secure, etc).

I am of a mind that, what was good before is still good now, if taken in the context of histories repetitions. Women may still be liking for younger men, right now, but if the bottom broke out of our economy, as it appears it may already have, and we began living in more barren times, cupcake is going to find out how much more is to be said for "older" men, and for that matter, how womens "view" of men, will change. Our (older mens/vs younger mens) worth will suddenly appreciate or diminish within a very short period of time.

Thats my take, anyway.

Younger men think older women are interested in them "becuz" older women have wanted it to be that way! Will they keep it? Who knows, but.... I think NOT!!

Two very good friends of mine started dating, a 30 yr old guy, and a 47 yr old women, both of which state it's not going to "last", yet they continue to date. It's a matter of self-gratification of a very immature means. It may be great, for the time being, but it will eventually run its course, and they'll both be scratching their heads trying to figure out why they expended so much energy in the first place.
<<<< That's all I gotta say!!!@#%$^(*&
 ManeRider
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2007 8:16:03 AM

Chances are if younger is what you seek you will eventually find it. But if the bottom falls out of the economy I think "cupcake" will race to the young strong guy who can protect her.

"cupcake" already is ISO young strong guy. My point is, young strong guy may not have sowed his oats, nor managed his life well, and is without much security.

BTW, age has nothing remotely to do with strong. I'm 45, and it amuses me how many young guys, who these dames go for, are severely lacking in that regard. It really has little to do with how strong a guy "cupcake" goes for, but it's her reasonings that he'll "protect" her. ...... protect her from what? Economic depression? If the bottom fell out, she'll soon find strong doesn't equate to financially secure, nor experienced.
 becca210
Msg: 218
Posted: 9/17/2007 8:38:21 AM
I'm older than any of you posting......but I deal with the same situation. At first, I was
flattered but thought ...NO WAY!! I don't have a son ...so I've never had to deal with that
mental image. Finally, after much thought and in a moment of weakness, I gave in and
found that the young men were sincere. Yes they wanted a sexual experience but they wanted more as well. I did find that those half (yes 30 years) my age were just not stimulating mentally.
When I was younger, I was always attracted to the older man..45-50 years old.
Now that I am 60+, older men are interesting but usually not very active. So, I've settled
into comfortable relationships with the 45-50 guys and am quite happy with it all.
They are mature, successful and old enough to remember most of what I find worth
remembering. Every woman has to experiment for herself. I read today where Katie
Couric is dating someone 33......she is 50. If it AINT broke, don't FIX it.
Becca
 cw35
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2007 5:44:49 AM
Truer words were never spoken Bona.
 mypinkcadillac
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2007 7:14:34 AM
I believe there are both types of younger men: those who believe older women are desperate and those who truly are more attracted to older women. I had a friend who insulted me when I was approached by younger men. She was 13 years younger than me, but seemed to have fun hanging out and chatting about men with me. But when she stated those younger guys had a "mommy complex", that hurt.
On these sites our ages are stated, so I would be more skeptical of approaches in that arena. But when a younger guy on the street, in a store or at a club, flirts it is not only flattering but may be more sincere. I have been told I look younger, so maybe they just can't tell exactly how old a woman is.
Regardless, I prefer men closer to my age. I believe guys too young would just make me feel OLD. I'd be worried as every gray hair or wrinkle appeared, long before his did.
I had to laugh at the statement that older guys just don't look as good. When I became single again at the age of 47 I was so disappointed at the way men in my age group often did not take care of themselves. There are exceptions but...come on! So many of them didn't care what they wore (ie holey clothes, flip flops with long toenails) or how they cared for themselves (bad hairstyles, dirty or long nails, etc). Meanwhile I am working out, taking care of myself and trying to look my best. Doesn't seem fair.
 brock11
Msg: 223
Posted: 9/18/2007 8:09:28 AM
I believe there are both types of younger men: those who believe older women are desperate and those who truly are more attracted to older women.

I agree, but the same thing also applies to older women. There are some older women who are attracted to younger men and there are also some older women who use a younger man as a 'boytoy' or an ego boost. I think there is nothing wrong with a 'casual sexual relationship' if both people clearly understand the situation regardless of any age difference.
 bcdale
Msg: 224
Posted: 9/27/2007 3:13:51 AM
dear "sweet" sierra.. lol.. this might just be one of those times that your mother told you to listen and not speak.. lol.. think about it. you have all these handsome young bucks, telling you that you have it going on. enjoy it.. the day will come that you will only wish you could remember these days.. everything fades.. including your magnificence. lol.. think about it. the next time that anyone, and i mean anyone.. smiles at you sierra.. look them strait in the eyes, and then dig really deep inside yourself, and then.. ready for this?.. "SMILE"... because thats what its all about sierra.. life is about smiling and complimenting and wanting to feel loved and appreciated.. its all about easy, and fun, laughter and tears of joy.. so start living.. i wish you all the success at finding this wonderful euforia called life.. just concentrate on breathing.. let the rest fall into place all around you.. if you just accept it unconditionally. it really will.. lol.. have a wonderful life sierra.. you really are lovely.. we all are..... dale
 dontmakecookies
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2007 3:36:50 AM
I agree roo, and its not just a new phenomenon propagated in the media. I was often hit on when I was young by older women. Men believe they're interested because they are.

You may not be, but you're not the one the younger guy learned this from.
 ManeRider
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2007 9:12:38 AM

WHAT DO THESE WOMEN THINK THEY HAVE THAT WILL BE OF ANY INTEREST TO ME AT ALL ? (yah roo Giddy up)

Having read your opinions and looked at your profile and pic, I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA. (arugula)

It is, indeed, phenomenal to see how women have become so induced, from the media promulgations, that it's PC to select men who are younger. If the question is "why do young men think older women are interested", I'd have to assert that it's because the older women are finding they're not content with their liberties of feminism, and are stretching and distorting the chambers of romance to suit themselves. Like Yah Roo, I get mail from older women. I dont' get email from women "close to my age", unless they're older. It's as if women have become successful in establishing a unison that excludes older men. Not only do I not get replies from younger women, I only get email from older women. Period. End of statement.

I recall working in the home of a woman near my age, who came home exuberant to have heard on the news as to this new trend of younger men/older women. I just scoffed under my breath so as not to elude to my dismay. But, it's become a sport, IMHO, for women to seek out youth, through the securing of young lads in their relationships. Further to this, my opine would be that older men are better suited with younger women, ie; maturity levels. But who am I to say.
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 233
Posted: 9/27/2007 12:32:32 PM
I haven't read all of this thread. It seems to me that the reason may not have to do with age at all. Maybe the younger men on here are contacting women of all ages until they get lucky, or it could be that they have been rejected by women their own age so they are trying something new.
I don't see what the big deal is anyway unless they are rude. Women should just consider it flattering and nicely tell the younger man how they feel.
 cedar77
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2007 5:13:49 PM

I get mail from older women. I dont' get email from women "close to my age", unless they're older. It's as if women have become successful in establishing a unison that excludes older men. Not only do I not get replies from younger women, I only get email from older women. Period. End of statement.

I hear ya ! .....what's up with that ???
The vast majority of the mail I get is from older women too . That's great if they are within a couple of years and they are looking good ..(which is certainly not always the case )
But why only older women?
I am looking for someone roughly within five years of my age and I think that is very reasonable . I'm forty two and many people have told me that I look younger.....I can't date a woman who looks like she might be my great aunt !
 cedar77
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2007 6:55:36 PM
I guess from some of the comments on here by men I consider in my "range," I'm best off waiting for them to contact me. I'd be mortified if a man I contacted thought it was creepy because I'm five or 10 years older than him. I'd feel bad for both of us.

There's nothing creepy about contacting someone who is within ten years. I would say preferably five years , but even ten is reasonable.
 sarasincda
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2007 8:20:34 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I am over 50 and most of my mail on 3 different online sites are from men 25 to 35. I tell them politely, I do not date men of their age.
Sara
 cw35
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2007 8:32:39 PM
Obviously everyone complaining about emails from younger men are using this thread to brag about it and are using those emails for ego boosts since all you have to do is put what age range you would like to have email you and that will put a stop to it. This is all starting to sound so laughable. Maybe I should post whenever a younger woman emails me. lol. There are way too many people that are totally insecure with being older. I'm glad it hasn't happened to me, and I hope it doesn't because it's a real turn off..
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >