Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 astrosky
Msg: 5
view profile
History
laid back - what exactly does that mean?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Quite often it means unmotivated comatose couch potato who won't get excited even if their ass is on fire...

Also often means - "I'm too busy smoking weed to worry about anything else, wanta burn one?"

In other words, not an adrenaline junkie. A bassett hound of a guy, not a more hyper breed.
 Paradoxx
Msg: 8
laid back - what exactly does that mean?
Posted: 9/18/2005 5:40:54 AM
I'm laid back (sans the weed Astrosky...too funny)
I don't worry about the small stuff. The opposite of high maintenence.

I know a woman at work that gets rattled if her stapler is in the wrong place-
She gets upset if the paperwork is set in the wrong tray...things like that...if she gets dirt on her shirt while working, she goes off and makes everyone miserable. That's not laid back, it's anal retentive.

I don't care if my stapler is on my desk, it will turn back up-sometime-possibly.
Dirt? bah, it washes right off.

:
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2005 7:18:59 AM
I am like a relaxed coiled up spring, chilled out and ready to explode...

Ha ha I get to be both... How do you like them apples...

I prefer the relaxed as long as they still have a pulse....
There is no reason to be proud of being anal...
 :
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2005 9:41:25 AM
^^^ Nice
 DeagleNINja
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/18/2005 10:24:18 AM
"Hey Helen, are you gellin?"
"I'm sooooo gellin, want some melon?"
"What's that perfume I be smellin?"
"Oh, I just had sex with your sister Ellen"
"Now you've got my weeinie swellin"
"My husband's gone, and I'm not tellin"
 sammysalt
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/18/2005 12:14:54 PM
Means they don't get upset over stupid things. easy going, not stressed.
 QTpye16
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/5/2007 4:07:22 PM
JHD198,

I consider myself to be a laid back person and what it means is that I don't sweat the small stuff! I tend to not let people get to me, instead I just tune them out. Quite a few people have said I have a "I don't attitude", but I would prefer the term nonchalant, lol. However, some people tend to think I'm scared of them, but that's fartherest from the truth, I just don't have time to deal with ignorant people.

It also means I love the simple things in life. I'm not too picky when it comes to doing activities. As long as I'm having a good time with the person I'm with, it doesn't matter what we are doing. Hope this helps!
 sunshine_one_
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2007 4:13:06 PM
Excellent points wayward; I had no idea.

Being a bit younger, I try not to sweat the small stuff and that's what I call it. I do, however, sweat the big stuff.

When someone describes themselves as laid back, I think super casual in all areas of their life, relaxed, informal and not especially ambitious or goal driven. Perhaps unfair but nothing about laid back is positive to me.

If I can generalize a little, more men than women appear to use it in their profiles.

Add laid back AND easy going, I envision the couch, beer, no shirt, tv sports.
 BeyondtheIllusion
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/12/2016 12:53:27 PM

Quite often it means unmotivated comatose couch potato who won't get excited even if their ass is on fire...

Also often means - "I'm too busy smoking weed to worry about anything else, wanta burn one?"

In other words, not an adrenaline junkie. A bassett [sic] hound of a guy, not a more hyper breed. — astrosky

I know it has been a decade since you wrote this, astrosky, but I would like to write in response — to the way you have written this and other posts. You are brilliant, but I don't suspect you know this. I checked out your profile, too, and I am blown away (I don't really like that expression, but it is required here) by the way you cobble words together.

Incidentally, on an 'astro' note, are you aware that Saturn and Pluto by latitude have come together and are forming a tight 'wave' formation for the next decade, at least? Do you know what that means, astrosky? As someone who has studied and researched planetary cycles for 45 years, I can tell you things ain't gonna be what things used to be. The last time they came together by latitude was around 1929-33, and we know what happened then.

As for someone's ass being on fire, astrology and esoterica are about the only things that can fire me up. Well, almost.

Love the suit! (You'll know what I mean.)

- Peter
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >