Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 catman40
Msg: 486
The things you miss most about being in a relationship...Page 23 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
I will not find my All she would have to do is move to wisconsin or even live in wisconsin . SHE would have someone to hold her on those cold and lonely nights as well as , waking up in the morning with him . having some one to be with . a guy who she can brag to her freinds . " hey I caught my fish . and reeled him in "
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 488
view profile
History
The things you miss most about being in a relationship...
Posted: 2/23/2007 7:13:41 AM
I miss caring about someone so much I put their needs and wants above my own...
I hate this me me me life I have now...
If not for my chidlren and friends I'd burst
 justforumsplease
Msg: 491
The things you miss miss most about being in a relationship...
Posted: 2/23/2007 8:56:15 AM
Fixing breakfast in bed for her, and seeing the complete and total look of surprise on her face when she wakes up to see it...

Seeing her laugh when she sees something funny and she looks back at you with a smile that could melt you...

Looking down at her face at 3am, covered in sweat with her hair plastered to her head, as she looks at me and tells me that she loves me...

It hurts to think back on what I have lost over the years, but they are the memories I carry inside me. Our memories make us who we are... and if only for that, I am grateful.
 noloserhere
Msg: 495
Posted: 2/25/2007 3:03:50 AM
Intimacy is always best,already had the awkward things happen.you get comfortable doing whatever it takes to please each other.
 stillalicious
Msg: 499
Posted: 2/25/2007 10:02:13 AM
I miss doing the everyday things together. Shopping, making dinner, watching TV, sleeping next to someone every night, showering together. All of it.
 carissima
Msg: 501
Posted: 2/25/2007 11:57:02 AM
I miss waking up in the morning and finding him staring at me and smiling.
I miss the way he smells
I miss the pillow talks we used to have about everything and nothing

I don't miss relationships so much as I miss being in one...with him
 PhilMeUpBaby
Msg: 502
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2007 3:28:54 AM
Things that I miss these days.... having heaps of women interested in me. Because that's what always seems to happen when I'm committed to someone.

I tell ya, it's a conspiracy.
 Nutnhoney
Msg: 503
Posted: 3/30/2007 3:50:04 PM
All this talk about breakfast in bed brings to mind what my ex said hwen I requested it for a birthday present. She said that I'd get breakfast in bed the night I slept on the kitchen table!

But the point is what we miss... The first thing I noticed was nobody to share a joke with, to see that movie you've been waiting for, a warm hug on a particulalry bad day, someone tell me that I'm wrong, that new restaraunt I've heard so much about, a kiss for no reason, calling into work just because we wanted to and vacations. I haven't done anything more exciting than visiting a town about 40 miles away since the divorce!

Yes, I do miss the itimacy as well!
 that sam i am
Msg: 507
Posted: 4/6/2007 11:15:44 AM
Having company on long car rides
Economies of scale (cooking for one is such a bloody waste of time and money)
Someone to go on adventures with
and most importantly -> Not having to explain why I'm single
 mro666
Msg: 508
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2007 4:10:36 PM
4 words:

Not a Damn Thing
 ManWithAMission
Msg: 516
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2007 11:18:25 PM
I like that feeling of having someone to come home too. Someone who greets you with a big smile and gives you all that attention after having a long day at work.
 ManWithAMission
Msg: 518
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2007 12:51:04 AM
With you on that one Morinn!
 catman40
Msg: 521
Posted: 4/7/2007 6:03:18 AM
It will be 10 years this june that my ex-girlfreind and i broke up . I miss the car rides . she telling me her day . being able to talk about anything . having someone to hold in bed and keep warm on those cold nights
 catman40
Msg: 530
Posted: 4/9/2007 6:51:13 AM
THOSE are the things are miss everyday . having her along while I run errands . going window shopping . doing things as 1 . sharing the housework .
 SergeantOz
Msg: 554
Posted: 4/19/2007 11:43:41 PM
Ahhh Ms DJ ......... if only we lived alot closer.

I guess most of all is the companionship, the intimacy, the sharing of adventures, the laughs, the little arguments, the making up, the kissing, the shared showers (good to be closer and if she drops the ......... nevermind), the snuggling up on the lounge.

Oh this is sounding pretty sad, the weekends away, the giving of massages for no reasons, cooking dinners for her, getting thank you calls from VISA when she goes shopping and I bought the new clothes for her and of course those middle of the night urges when she is asleep and laying there naked for some ice-cream licking of her ummmm special bits .......... leading to more things.

But most of all going to work and coming home from work to someone special and sharing your ups and downs with - ins and outs (always good) and then moving sharing a shower for snuggling under the sheets together.

Hmmmmmmmm why am I single then ?
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 562
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2007 6:47:48 PM
...waking up in the middle of the night...slowly turning over...snuggling up behind him...sliding my arm around his waste & my leg across his...then drifting back off to sleep again...mmmmmm

Cynderella
Msg: 563
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2007 6:52:23 PM
I miss laying on the couch with my head in my mate's lap while he plays with my earlobs!
 Kramer111
Msg: 564
Posted: 4/23/2007 7:05:48 PM
talking
sharing
holding hands
being close
being quiet sitting together
just being
 CaR
Msg: 587
Posted: 5/4/2007 11:28:36 AM
kissing, holding each others, sleepin together, showering together
and dat's just tha erotic things lol
um theres a ton more
eating together,being together,..etc
 jadegreen
Msg: 589
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2007 1:00:14 PM
hee hee hee..giggle.....the toilet paper thing was too funny.....just what I needed today...a good chuckle...thanks!
 howtosurvivechaos.com
Msg: 597
Posted: 6/4/2007 5:16:35 PM
I miss them all. And, I have failed miserably in all my past relationships. My one saving grace is my selective memory. A buffer to erase memories. I try to forget the bad/painful moments and only want to remember the good times. Call it forgiveness. Still, I love them all and always will.
 Riceballs
Msg: 601
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2008 1:06:24 AM
All the physical things, not including sex since I haven't been there yet, but the kissing, hugging, holding hands, etc. I feel I've always been happiest in a relationship too, and giving a piece of my heart to someone, and feeling wanted. So... I guess I miss pretty much everything about a relationship :-X
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >