Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BLUEMISS
Msg: 97
view profile
History
The Billy Crystal Question...Can men and women be just friends?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
It's all what you make of it! It's not Impossible!

I have all male friends in Calgary...my long time friends are in B.C. and Saskatchewan.

When I meet a man and we click on some level, I will tell him...friends only, if you think we are ever going farther...think again.They have all stuck around.

I went out with three male friends on New Years Eve and had a blast.One of them slept on my couch and the other two came over for coffee in the morning.

My last man tried to drive my male friends away, because he was jealous.
He succeeded to a point, but, he is gone and my male friends are still here.

Jealousy gets in the way of insecure people...that's the problem with most m/f friendships...in my mind!
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 98
The Billy Crystal Question...Can men and women be just friends?
Posted: 1/28/2012 6:04:09 PM
Sure, it's possible, but as several posters pointed out, and/or referenced, it's only possible if at least one of the conditions exist a)Both have completely accepted and have no hope of it progressing beyond a friendship level b)there is no attraction there
c)Even if both were in a together, there was a pre-existing friendship in place.
I'm trying to be friends with an ex, because he's a good person, but it's difficult now, because almost every time we talk, he talks about how he wishes we were still together, and he's very attracted to me still. (He even talks about the physical way in which we were together, and says he thinks about it all the time. :P As I no longer feel the same, and have only friendly feelings, it has an "ick" factor)
Whether we can be friends remains to be seen. (Needless to say, I'm not. .not attracted, and I don't still wish we were together)By the way, he broke up with me.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >