Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 seymourbush
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Question for the guysPage 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
<--- Loves to banter... in fact banter is my middle name. Problem is some of the girls I have chatted to and gone out with could not keep up.
 july16ladybug
Msg: 101
Question for the guys
Posted: 11/10/2005 7:16:17 PM
Well JAAD...hate to say it. NOW YOU KNOW what it feels like for someone like me. I want a friend first as well but ......just like you......men want the sex as quickly as possible.
 july16ladybug
Msg: 103
Question for the guys
Posted: 11/10/2005 7:26:13 PM
Well...thats called being really horny and come off it YOU NICE TO LOOK AT. I myself need to be friends with a man first and foremost and I have never faltered on that. I have many younger really HOT younger men who would love to have sex and call me all the time.....thats not what I want and I have yet to find it. If IM horny I get myself a good book and then let my fingers do the talking. A one nighter isnt worth the pain of a sexual transmitted disease and getting back to the lies. MEN LIE ABOUT HOW MANY WOMEN THEY SLEEP WITH all the time.
 RomPrince
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Question for the guys
Posted: 11/10/2005 9:47:58 PM
This is to all the negative people out there who're jaded and hurt because of a past relationship. Not ALL men lie. I, for one, don't. If there's something to be said that's possibly hurtful (and I don't wanna do that), then I won't say anything at all, but I don't lie.

Don't have a reason to. This is me, if ya don't like it, move along. No reason to lie.
 july16ladybug
Msg: 108
Question for the guys
Posted: 11/11/2005 10:30:26 AM
OK JAAD you really confusing me.....do you want sex from these women or not? Also if you refer to woman as being broads......"I take it all back, please do not call me....LOL"
 RomPrince
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Question for the guys
Posted: 11/11/2005 4:39:23 PM
Jaad~ Nope.. never said anyone was directly questioning my integrity. I just have an issue being painted with the same brush by some who feel "all men suck", that's all. Not overly concerned. Personally, those that think that are usually the jaded ones, and the best to avoid. Also.. it's not just "with my broads" I'm straight with.. .I don't lie period. Less bullsh!t to cover up later and remember what I'd said if I don't. ;) I have a great memory, it's just short, so I don't wanna phuk myself over! lol
 RomPrince
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Question for the guys
Posted: 11/11/2005 5:53:38 PM
Hmm.. I did, didn't I? lol.. oh well. Call it a social addiction I guess. But, I WILL be slowly disappearing I think from here for a bit. We'll see.

And no.. you're right.. not ALL... many, perhaps.. but not all. ;)
 RFlagg
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Question for the guys
Posted: 11/11/2005 9:41:03 PM
Is "Star Wars" a lie?

How about "The Da Vinci Code"? (A novel that a lot of people think is a true story.)

Are magicians like David Blaine and Chris Angel liars?

Over 60% of Americans and over 50% of Canadians are overweight or obese. Would that not suggest that "Average" would imply someone that is at least overweight? Perhaps "A few Extra Pounds" would be more appropriate for someone who weighs less than the Average.

Does every TV commercial give an "honest" portrayal of their product? Has every product you ever bought performed as well as the commercial suggested it would?

"Okay, if she is not wearing make-up, we will be honest too." -- Dogbert

"No man [or woman for that matter, although their memories are definitely better] has a good enough memory to make a successful liar." -- Abraham Lincoln

I do not lie, under my belief of what that term means. I exaggerate sometimes. I make up stories to entertain friends and my kids. I have occasionally forgot promises I have made, and while I hate myself when I do, I still do not consider doing so an act of dishonesty. And yes, sometimes I soften the blow rather than be brutally honest.

As someone said earlier, "No hon, the pants don't make you look fat, it's the actual fat that does that." (I only think the italicized part, but it means I have said the truth. )

I know there are some out there who are much more critical of my attitude than I am. Who will find my liberal thoughts regarding the truth inappropriate or offensive, maybe even dishonest. Those who justify their rudeness and vulgarity and blatant lack of empathy with lines like "I am brutally honest" or "I call it like I see it". People who emulate Maureen O’Hara in "Only the Lonely", but obviously did not stay to the end of the film.

"A truth that’s told with bad intent, beats all the lies you can invent." -- William Blake

Of course, all of this kind of flies in the face of another favorite quote of Abe Lincoln … " 'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. "

Good Luck!
 trophyboyfriend
Msg: 115
Question for the guys
Posted: 11/11/2005 10:20:06 PM
a wiseman once told me that a woman is like a fridge. About 6 feet tall, 300 lbs, full of coolant, and a total freeze. Or perhaps, a woman is more like a beer. They smell good, they taste good, you would kill your own mother just to get one. But you can't stop at one, you have to have another. And another. Until you can't take anymore.

And then I said I dunno what you're talking about you big baloney. You make me wanna wwwwrrreetch. Plop.

A story from the legendary Homer J. Simpson.
 july16ladybug
Msg: 117
Question for the guys
Posted: 11/16/2005 2:42:18 PM
Wouldnt you rather just get laid with someone who you didnt have to lie to. I mean if you have to lie is that not like having sex with a person who has a paper bag over their head.
 july16ladybug
Msg: 122
Question for the guys
Posted: 11/29/2005 9:02:24 AM
Im honest about what I want and if its not there Im on to the next.....
 canadianredneck
Msg: 128
Question for the guys
Posted: 11/29/2005 2:38:00 PM
I like being boring
 july16ladybug
Msg: 131
Question for the guys
Posted: 11/29/2005 3:40:47 PM
LOL at being to old and tired....................OLDER MEN LIE WAY MORE THEN THE YOUNGER ONES............this guy on POF said he was 43, talked to him on the phone he sounded 65. I know I know your going to say women do it to..............but for **** sakes why lie if your going to meet, unless your just having an online fling then you can be anything.
 giantsize
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Question for the guys
Posted: 12/7/2005 2:49:23 AM
i would have to say that i wouldnt lie to her, but thats just me. like cmon is it really worth it to lie just to get sex, isnt in the long run. is no biggy really
 ieatrocks
Msg: 133
Question for the guys
Posted: 12/7/2005 4:53:29 AM
I don't lie because I don't care. If a girl tries to pin you on something you said or did; it's a LOT less hassle to just give them "yep, so what?" than come up with and keep up with an excuse spur of the moment. Note that if it was less hassle, and the issue was plain stupid to begin with; I'd have nothing against lying, it's all about the path of least resistance. There's your honest answer.
 GeilerAffe
Msg: 139
Question for the guys
Posted: 12/7/2005 8:53:41 AM
Nope, not ever.... well except maybe to the border Nazi's. I used to sometimes stretch the truth in a Job interview, back in the day, but I would never lie to be with a woman. What's the point, eventually they will find out and you will loose any chance of a lasting friendship. Sad to think someone would feel so low about themselves to actually lie about the bad things to make them look good.

I have been the victim of lying online & telephone dating women though. Not exactly a fun scenario when the person you meet is the total opposite of the person you were chatting with... What a waste.
 july16ladybug
Msg: 144
Question for the guys
Posted: 12/11/2005 7:33:56 PM
I agree with you mrmojo........white lies hmmmm....I wouldnt be unhappy if it were because the man was so interested and wanted to make a great first impression as long as it wasnt detrimental ...I mean I dont tell anyone my real name on these dating sites until I am comfortable and Im going with my second name sooooooooooo....is it a big lie.....nahhhh I think just a little white one......safety reasons you know!!!!!!
 july16ladybug
Msg: 147
Question for the guys
Posted: 12/12/2005 6:36:27 AM
Ok this confuses me......do men actually still think that women are out to marry them? LMAO
I tell guys up front exactly what Im after and its certainly not to get married again....been there done that....As far as lying to get into my pants.....ummm...I made that decision long before some man could lie to me if I was going to go to bed with them or not lol. I guess with age comes wisdom and women my age just know. All that lying happend back in high school. I love to flirt and will flirt back and not have any intention to meet anyone, its all in fun.....although if I do meet someone on here that Im interested in then it does get a bit....

North Exposed: Your rambling does make logic but only for the women who are much younger....women I would say late thirties and up dont play those games anymore....they really get to pick and choose and if they want to go to bed with a man , they will, they dont need the lies cause its really up to them.......if a woman can still get played at 44, well then I just dont know what to say lol.......

That promise of Marriage: didnt that go out way back in the 70s PHEW!!!!!
 hobbes26
Msg: 149
Question for the guys
Posted: 12/12/2005 9:32:08 AM
hey!
it takes 2 to lie, 1 to speak and 1 to listen
hahahaha j/k

I don't bother with it, I always have a bunch of stuff on the go and to remember the truth and a lie is far too much work. I will be straight up with people to a point. If you ask a question I can't answer honestly without offending I will avoid the question or jsut refuse to answer but never lie about it.

Altho, in my experience women lie as much if not way more than men do in relationships. The worst part is when its obvious ones. Soz sista, I don't buy the halo. Altho, you never call them on it cause its pointless, instead just observe their tells. Could come in handy ina game of strip poker later...
 kevbear
Msg: 152
Question for the guys
Posted: 1/26/2008 11:52:41 AM
yes we lie.just like alot of women lie about their body type in their profiles
 * L *
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Question for the guys
Posted: 1/26/2008 2:44:40 PM
well not sure about "all" guys lie.
I don't think that is always true , however one thing to remember is,
"Never believe any thing a man says when he has an erection"..
as thats when he isn't thinking with the brain that would never lie!
 IncognitoGuido
Msg: 162
Question for the guys
Posted: 2/13/2008 11:57:58 AM
I am a Liar.

I am ugly
I am fat
I have no sense of humour
I wear a size 7 shoe
I never fart
I can maintain an erection for 7 minutes
I dont think your ass looks fat in that
 graham_best
Msg: 170
Question for the guys
Posted: 9/28/2012 11:49:13 PM
The message you are replying to:
Posted By: 99%sweetness(d873014) on 9/19/2005 900 PM
Subject: Question for the guys

I am just curious if you would lie to a girl to get what you want... Even if she is a sweet honest type... and wants to actually date, would you lie to her and tell her taht you want what she wants just so you get a chance to be with her? :)

just curious ;)

ummmmm yes. because she is the sweet hounest type.
 Pasqualee
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Question for the guys
Posted: 9/30/2012 4:36:00 PM
No, I wouldn't lie to a girl to get what I want. I think being honest and open is the best way to be even if it doesn't get the desired results.
 padbear
Msg: 172
Question for the guys
Posted: 10/11/2012 4:24:37 AM
yes we lie just like some women come on here and say they are interested but all they want is free drink's or dinner.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >