Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > this is for all of us who hurt inside, please read and respond!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 davidblod
Msg: 197
this is for all of us who hurt inside, please read and respond!Page 10 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Ms. Petite Lady, I can understand why he would just drop you like a rock. The age group you seek ( 30 -45) are not stable enough for a long-term relationship. A lady with your experience in life needs a REAL man. I hope you find that man and are happy the rest of your life..
 mischief3178
Msg: 198
this is for all of us who hurt inside, please read and respond!
Posted: 1/20/2009 2:42:40 PM
hmm interesting, i think everyone feels like that from time to time more so than most people...
 robbietwo1
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2009 4:45:57 PM
hi ms elegance
no it does hurt l lost my wife who had cancer .all thinks bad make you stronger or kills you
but time is a healer if you let it be
 Christopher1717
Msg: 200
Posted: 1/20/2009 6:48:09 PM
my first post: I was blindsided or sucker punched, I was in a 20 year relationship, married for 18 years, 3 kids, been the husband, dad, provider role for 17 years, she has an affair, this was the third time, the first two times I forgave her, we were still young and immature, as far as I know she was faithfull for 15 years, that is untill 4 months ago. I was commited to her for life, we are now divorcing and she is still seeing him. I love her uncondionally and was commited to our faimily forever. You wonder how this happens? There are as many answers as there are oppinions. Yeah my heart is broken but I figure I'll be better off in the long run with someone else who is honest and faithfull. I'm 46 and I have a lot of good years left in me.
 chica2286
Msg: 201
Posted: 1/22/2009 9:17:27 PM
I have been hurt to many times as well.. I feel where you are coming from. I wake everyday by myself in my bed as well, and think why am I still single?? I think im caring indvidual and I have alot to offer to that special person that comes along one day.. ?
what i have learn from people is that don't think about the past or furture, live the now
the time will come for you when you list expect it.. thats what preatty much everyone on this site is looking for you are not the only one..
 moona begum
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2009 5:17:41 AM
Ms elegance

I too am going through a relationship breakdown and after reading what you have gone through i feel as if i can relate to you and if you have time to reply would be nice to have a friend, someone to talk to and whom understands the pain and emotions.

I dont know if you have moved on and found love again, i sincerely hope you have for that will give me hope too.

Stay well and happy
moona
 NAUGHTYGIRL1988
Msg: 203
Posted: 1/23/2009 8:22:56 AM
I have a friend who is suppose to be my best freind. There is a guy living with her. This guy really likes me. And I like him. But she told me the other day that she if falling for him. And this morning I call her, because she told me to. When I called her I heard him in background. Needless to say I caught them in the same bed. And he tells me when I call that he is waiting jfor me to get home. But if he likes me why is he doing this to me? And if she is my best freind why is she doing this to me? I live 4 hours away from them. I will be moving in with them on Monday. He tells me that he can't wait to see me. And she tells me that she don't want me home. So I really don't know what to do. Is there any one out there that had the same or close to the problem as I do. If so how did you handle it?
 dswartz
Msg: 204
Posted: 1/24/2009 10:11:52 AM
I understand it takes time to heal, I just wish there was another way. I've been divorced for 8 months. 13 years is a long time to be with someone. We just grew apart, my ex and daughter live out of state. It's very difficult to move on without my little girl. I try to stay busy but, she constantly on my mind. I just hope that if I ever marry again, that it wil be evrything that my previous marriage was not.
 blessed4ever
Msg: 207
Posted: 7/27/2009 4:15:19 PM
I feel you and your pain 18months ago I was in the same place you appear to be!! It was one of the hardest places i have ever experienced in my life!! Yet I survived!! Keep your head up sweetheart stay postive and hold onto your faith tighter then ever before and the rest will fall in place!!
 whatawasteoftime
Msg: 208
Posted: 7/27/2009 4:22:29 PM
i dont think im evere going to find someone
 Hoping36
Msg: 209
Posted: 7/27/2009 5:15:21 PM
I do the very same thing. Everyone else has someone why not me. I'm a good person. It 's good to be alone but, it's better to have that special person in your life. I keep thinking there is something wrong with me. I've been on dates but, that spark is not there.
 karllee
Msg: 210
Posted: 8/8/2009 10:42:34 AM
I feel your pain... it hurts.... was with my ex for 13 years... and went down the drain.... thanks to my friends for helping me through it... i still haven't found the right one yet... but hopefully one day God will send the right one to me... Keep your head up.... everything happens for a reason... we will never know why the things happen to us... but keep your head up and keep that smile on your face.....
 meyanna
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2009 3:21:12 PM
Life after divorce , I thought not, but after several years, I discovered love again, just to realize, the hurt would return. So is life after divorce something reachable? I do not think so. Is this feeling , supposse to make me stronger, no don't thing so, it makes all weak and willing to do anything to fill the void that is not fillable.
 IdRtherBeHiking
Msg: 212
Posted: 8/9/2009 6:39:38 PM
Des'ree - You Gotta Be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r32vw4260G4

Listen as your day unfolds
Challenge what the future holds
Try and keep your head up to the sky
Lovers, they may cause you tears
Go ahead release your fears
Stand up and be counted
Don't be ashamed to cry
You gotta be
You gotta be bad, you gotta be bold
You gotta be wiser, you gotta be hard
You gotta be tough, you gotta be stronger
You gotta be cool, you gotta be calm
You gotta stay together
All I know, all I know, love will save the day
Herald what your mother said
Readin' the books your father read
Try to solve the puzzles in your own sweet time
Some may have more cash than you
Others take a different view
My oh my heh, hey
You gotta stay together
Don't ask no questions, it goes on without you
Leaving you behind if you can't stand the pace
The world keeps on spinning
You can't stop it, if you try to
This time it's danger staring you in the face
Oh oh oh Remember
Listen as your day unfolds
Challenge what the future holds
Try and keep your head up to the sky
Lovers, they may cause you tears
Go ahead release your fears
My oh my heh, hey, hey
You gotta be
You gotta stay together
You gotta stay together

Sending you hugs...javascript:smilie('')
 zinc_09
Msg: 213
Posted: 8/10/2009 7:10:33 AM
Yes there is life after divorce!

When my husband and I separated I thought my life was over. I was living in a city where I knew no one, I had no job, I had no home and was a 12 hour flight away from all my friends and family. I stock piled painkillers and vodka and considered killing myself most days.

2 years on and I've never been happier. I started dating again for the first time a few months ago, and it's weird, but I now know that even if I never end up in a serious relationship again, I have a good relationship with myself (jeez that sounds corny - but it's true).

Time heals. It really does.
 curlygrl
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2009 4:19:11 PM

Yeah my heart is broken but I figure I'll be better off in the long run with someone else who is honest and faithfull.

Wow, what a powerful thread with some really powerful and heart wrenching
comments.

We always think we are the only ones. We think - My God, what have I ever
done to deserve to have this happen to me. We turn the tables on ourselves
when actually we should be looking positively and not negatively at ourselves.

We think something is wrong with us - The truth being that something is wrong
with THEM to leave something so good for them, in us.

I dont know why it ends - We try to see the positive in why it is the way it is
but sometimes it "just is".

Regardless of IF there is someone around the corner and Im sure there probably
is for most of us - We need to live for "us".

We need to drop the negatives of the situation and SEE the NEGATIVES in
who we have partnered with - Only then will we truly learn why we allowed
such negatives in OUR beautiful little world.
 denad
Msg: 215
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2009 4:49:29 PM
i feel the same when i go to bed but if we dont rush it something good and right might come along
 Spaz1973
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2009 8:00:52 PM
Hey gorgeous, keep ur head up! I'm a true believer in" thers someone out there for every one. I'm REALLY sorry to hear ur lonely. some wounds take longer to heal , more so when u really loved the person that hurt u! now I understand why u women r the way u r!!!! but it sucks for the rest of us guys that want what these guys so recklessly threw away!!! even though I'm a guy I know what ur going through!!!!!!!!!!!

And keep in mind, u don't find TRUE love! It finds u! ?, Do u like
teddybears?

If so, I offer myself as ur teddybear to cuddle up with at night!
 caballero1
Msg: 217
Posted: 8/15/2009 5:26:00 AM
[I know what you mean girl it happened to me to. here i thought i was going to be married for life with her the love of my life, when i got married i gave her my heart and soul and had faith in her that she would not break my heart. but she did i came home early and found her in our own bed with someone else. my heart shattered into a million pieces right there. all i did was ask her WHY U DOING THIS TO ME, she never answered my question.it took me 5 yrs of therapy to learn how to trust again. i believe i will get married again.when she comes i will reconize her. but she has to be a romantic lady, spontanous,and caring. in all the 29yrs hav been divorced i have had my share of young and older women most just wanted to do the act. which was ok with me.[cause i love making love to a woman] anyway i look at women with much more respect for them cause they are the ones who taught us men how to love and be loved with out them we men would be nothing. and by me learning this i find making love more passionate more intense. just by treating a lady like a lady
 jadeblu
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2009 8:59:19 PM
Hello, ms e. I have never posted on this forum before but I read your post and felt like I could be reading my own. I live in San Diego or I'd invite you for chick flick night....most of my girlfriends are married (unhappily) and although I am comfortable in my own skin and do lots of things alone, like you, I am so ready to share my life and heart with someone. It's more than having a body in the bed next to you...that can be easy...it is about forming that special connection, like the kind you write about. We all yearn for that, all deserve that.

People ask me all the time why I am still single. I am educated, professional, stable, nice-looking, and have a lot of love to share. But, like you, that which I seek, has eluded me. Too fussy? Too demanding? Who knows. I don't have answers or I'd provide them. I have thought of moving, trying a new location, going out with someone who I wouldn't normally respond to on the site, trying something new. But the fact remains that wherever we go, there we are. Maybe I wasn't destined to have a partner in this life and if that is the sad truth, then I have to work at accepting my life the way it is.

So, dear sister, my heart and thoughts are with you. Keep searching for the answers, they will come. And if they don't, perhaps the new questions you find will give you peace.

Jadeblu
 animefan1980
Msg: 219
Posted: 10/13/2009 1:00:30 AM
Get more confident, don't think negative. I spend all day doing nothing and don't have good social skills like I used to. Praying works but you have to be patient and go out there to make it happen. Being single is relaxing but makes you less confident and lazy in the dating scene. You have a lot of time to yourself but want to share what you have with someone. To be more confident and make others want you, do this. Don't set high standards, look at variety and don't just prefer one thing in someone. Write some greeting messages to more people and check for responses later. Take initiative and don't just dream. Don't wait for them to come to you. If anyone shows interests or hints at it, thank them and write them more. Don't get a habit of writing them all the time, they'll get bored of you or frustrated. Write them a few times in the month, and play hard to get and they start writing you more. That will boost your confidence. Also, it's hard but taking initiative makes you show you're really serious. Get more confidence and you'll feel in charge. It's hard but the more confident you get the less hurt you'll feel. Don't think you're ready to settle down right away, even if you feel ready it will take a while. Get more confident and it will make others look up to you more. Taking initiative will start boosting your confidence. Playing hard to get will help more. It's all about becoming more confident and strong and take control of any lonely feelings. It's hard but start with initiative and go from there.
 LMFAO925
Msg: 220
Posted: 10/13/2009 2:14:22 AM
I am happy with my life, with myself, with the people I have. But i still need love from a girl.

I know i am young but i want a relationship, not some fling or a girl that i can just have fun with
 ~Pedro Sanchez~
Msg: 221
Posted: 10/13/2009 3:08:40 AM
Awww a pity party!

Look at all these bananas on this thread.....why don't we all hold hands and teach the world to sing in perfect harmony? And furnish it with love? Grow apple trees and honey bees and snow white turtle doves?
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > this is for all of us who hurt inside, please read and respond!