Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > this is for all of us who hurt inside, please read and respond!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Soulfishy
Msg: 26
view profile
History
this is for all of us who hurt inside, please read and respond!Page 2 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Yeah, cutting ourselves some slack is something to remember everyday. There are times I wonder if I should have left my husband, as he appears to have moved on and I am still struggling, and it was MY decision! How weird is that? Anyway, it is good to hear other people having the same feelings of emptyness, lonliness and despair. The old cliche fits: "misery loves company"
 Lazyboyz
Msg: 27
this is for all of us who hurt inside, please read and respond!
Posted: 9/30/2005 2:02:50 AM
Maybe you need to just bang some guy and get that other one out
of your mind. Bang a few if you have to
 Soulfishy
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2005 4:23:35 PM
Well, Caroline30, what on earth is a good looking YOUNG girl like you doing wasting her time with a guy who treats her badly?

But I do I hear you on the marriage thing, another cliche comes to mind "It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"

I'm kinda debating that right now though...

In fact I just found out my ex has someone new in his life and it is quite serious, my kids are spending the weekend with them...which I am sick about, while I spend the weekend alone. Don't I feel like the fool now? So I am not really one to give you advice, I know what you mean when you say you've tried to go out with others but they are worse!! Makes you go running back to the evil you know....

I am starting a new thread on "when you ex finds someone new"....It's a whole n'other hurt!!

Anyway, maybe you just need to get out of the town you are in, branch out, you will find Mr. Right, get married, have babies... you do need to dump the goof, its a leap of faith!!

L
 Soulfishy
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2005 12:33:15 PM
Holy, Ben
That must have been so hard seeing them all drive away, esp the kids I would think. Glad to hear you are looking after yourself!! The kids will respect you later!
L
 SleahS
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/18/2005 9:23:48 AM
Hi everyone! i am only 20, but my daughters father and i were together for 5 years! we grew up and learned it all together! but now the "growing up" is just to hard for him! we are still friends he still see's our daughter he just needs time to grow up, I don't know that him and I will ever be together again he's hurt me pretty bad threw everything, but i read threw alot of these posts and i felt i needed to add in one more lonley person that cant sleep at night because i don't have anyone holding me, i like to sit up and night and recap my day! talk about things thats when i feel the most talkative! thats when the real me comes up. But i TOO like everyone else feel so lonley its hard to go on, my biggest fear in life has always been being alone, and now i really am! but when my daughter wakes up and needs me it makes me put all those bad feelings asside even if it is just for the time being until she goes back to sleep( she's only 3 months old). I just want someone to give me that affection that we all as humans LONG for! I'm a stay at home mom! i've gota meeting at the local community college today to look into going back to school! i'm 'excited!' the advice that i give myself over and over day after day ranges from quite a few things but the most that come to mind at the moment are that, god puts us threw the tests that he does, in order to teach us something useful for our futures! and those feelings ARn't week if anything they are STRONg bcause we all hurt this way yet we keep on living no matter how hard it is! we keep on going! Personally i beleive that we are all the strongest group of people in the WORLD!!!

Everyone keep your heads up! trust that things are happening for a reason, a GOOD one in the end!!! And if anyone wants to talk just let me know! i'm here!!!!
 Barry425
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/18/2005 9:42:23 AM
Hi Sweet,
I, too, have been through a divorce. I remember when I was about 12 years old I was wondering if I would ever find someone special. At that time, I wanted to have as many children as possible. I figured that the "dumb people" stayed home and made babies and the so-called "smart" ones got big money-making careers and either had no children or just one or two. Being one of the "smart" ones (I was one of the walking brains in high school), I figured to single handedly turn the tide and bless the world with "smart" children. About 60 or them, I calculated.
Well, things didn't work out for me, either. I'm divorced with one daughter, and no son to carry on the family name (which may not be important to some, but it is to me). Nevertheless, I'm on this site, still looking.
At my age (57), even though I look and feel like 40, the chances are diminishing to find that special someone that wants to have a family. Even though the chances dimininsh with every passing day, the hope that I have in Jesus sustains me. I will live forever in a mansion that He is preparing for me, and my beloved daughter (and possibly her future family) will be with me.
Men will let you down every time, even though we usually do not mean to. Have faith in Jesus Christ and He will never let you down. He is my Joy, and He will provide a wife for me in His time. If your heart is broken right now, then you are on the rebound and likely to make mistakes in judgement. Now is not the time to begin another relationship. You need to heal first. If you go "on the hunt" for a man, then the wrong kind of men will see that and take advantage of you. Guard your heart and save it for the man that God sends to you. And don't worry, you'll know who he is even if God has to throw him across the hood of your car or something! lol Hugs, Barry425
 Soulfishy
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2005 6:44:09 PM

"There is wisdom in the governemnts' three year wait for a divorce. One year to accept that it is over, one year to regroup and start to make plans for yourself, one year to start actively taking charge again. Too many people are shacking up within 6 weeks of a split; that's not love, that's lonliess. "

Wow, Miranda, I really needed that, at the stage I am in right this very moment, feeling stressed and wondering what the he** is wrong with me for not being over it(been less than a year)
To the original post-er....how are YOU doing?
 faramir
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2006 5:49:36 PM
If you are still feeling sad alot after two years, consider the possiblity that you might
be clinically depressed, that the breakup was the trigger to trigger that biochemical condition.If your boichemistry is talking, just positive words , good friends and talk therapy might not be enough. Do whatever it takes to get out of the basement. Nothing else will happen until you do. That was my experience, anyway.
good luck and god bless
 veni vedi vici
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/2/2006 5:54:32 PM
ms e don't ever feel bad posting a thread like this,we all gone thru this before some more than others but it happens for a reason and reasons unknown at times.me myself i'm slowly snapping out of my funk each day and actually look forward to meeting someone new and start doing the things that makes us happy.so to answer your question,no you;re not weak just recovering in time for the next meaningful person that comes into your life!!good luck!!
 XxXShortyXxX
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/4/2006 4:37:56 AM
redwitch...

You are correct it does happend once any of us stops looking for somebody thats when somebody walks into our lives without us even expecting the person to come along and i think it is wonderful, that it happends that way it just shows you that it is "WORTH" holding
on to and makeing your realtionship work out depending on the bad/rough siturations you BOTH had to go through to be with eachother.

There is somebody out there for everybody just have to have faith and never quit trying because it will happend and that is the most WONDERFULLEST feeling you ever feel is when you find, somebody who acturly loves and cares about you more than you ever known was possible.

With this note i am heading off to bed it is now 6:36am i am haveing get up at 7am
alot to do today and i do not, need/want to sleep all day.
 buzzin302
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2006 7:05:07 AM
Ya know folks,I must ask this question,....if we don't learn how to hurt,at sometime in our lives,then how can we actually understand what true love really is,...so many times so many of us jump right from childhood to adulthood,without a clue what awaits us,we think,...how hard can it be,we have someone we love,and that loves us in return,what else do we need to know,...geeees, if it was only that darn easy,we soon find out it is not,so many factors come into play,the temptations of everyday life throw these brick walls in front of us,and we must deal with them,and, because of our lack of experince,we feel helpless,with no answers to be found,some of us tuck tail and run,but in doing so, we learn nothing,but by over coming these walls,if it's climbing over, under or around them,as a team,as one,...that's what true love is,and being able to look back and say,...we kicked it's butt, bring on the next wall,and we will over come it as well,.....it is so easy to be fooled by a nice smile, and kind words,.....I reckon the point I'm trying to make here is,take the time to get know someone,before we actually call it love,and know that this person can,and will stand beside you,when times get rough,...but also know, it makes you no less a person to stand alone,...maybe, there is something you must learn yourslef,before you can love another, and tackle these brick walls with someone else.
 Tracy99203
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/4/2006 7:25:55 PM
If it makes you feel any better I have never had the luxury of a relationship. Ive never been married and am still single. Id be happy just to have a taste of the good life. Ya... No one ever beleives im single. Wouldnt be the first time. All the guys I meet well they like my independence. In reality I need someone to take care of me. Once in a while I need a break.
 jldude
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/4/2006 8:16:19 PM
"There were so many years where I felt this way. For years I cried myself to sleep. I sought escape in many forms, but only ended up becoming more miserable. Once in a while I still do long to be with someone, though it's not as bad as it used to be. I don't cry myself to sleep any more. I don't spend that much time thinking about it.

I've been hurt too many times to have real hope. Sometimes I get sick enough of stuff and give it a go, but I always come back to square one. Maybe I've become scared of it on some level and don't want to run the risk of being truly close to someone. I can't believe that anybody will love me for me.

This crap about loving yourself sounds nice. In my case, I have some wounds that never healed. For the longest time I thought that if I could just experience true love, I might be able to let go of the things that have been holding me back.

I doubt you are half as screwed up as I am. You are just going through a rough time. You have a kid. Maybe you've been burned, but eventually you'll be able to move on. I may too, if I can figure out how to live in the present and let go of all my pain. "

Well said. I think girls go through this more often, but guys go through it much harder. I have the same past feelings and insecurities from childhood or whatever, and I will say I believe true unconditional love WILL heal all that. Sometimes it's so hard to just keep sight of that one lone reason to wake up every morning. Other than that, I don't know what to say. Haven't seen the good side of it all yet......
 Wraith67
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/5/2006 3:20:17 AM
Perhaps I am "idealistic" as was pointed out in a previous thread. I do believe that the hardest person to live with is one's self. I also believe that the more "desperate" one is to settle down, the more apt they will be to settle, thus creating an endless cycle of failed relationships.
 Wraith67
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/5/2006 4:28:25 AM
The strongest of relationships are tempored with time and kindness. Starting from a friendship and then blossoming into a relationship that both parties can cherish together....
 Wraith67
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/5/2006 7:31:56 AM
Precisely.... ...It is far better to be unhappy alone than it is to be unhappy by the side of another....
 Wraith67
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/5/2006 7:48:14 AM
It is said that "time heals all wounds", but also one should realize that time can most assuredly prevent them as well. Tread cautiously into a new and hopeful romance....
 Le Roi
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/6/2006 10:42:59 AM

Is there life after divorce?

No! Divorce is spiritual death. And when that happens all is lost.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > this is for all of us who hurt inside, please read and respond!