Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Double Cabin
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Can you be friends with a EX?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Can you reason with plausible premises within viable syllogisms? Can you value the good over the bad? Can your ex?
 kev0469
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Can you be friends with a EX?
Posted: 9/22/2006 9:31:19 PM
yes i believe a person can.i am and will always try to be.as to the jealous end why cause yourself more stress.
and yes i am friends with my ex
 niacouple
Msg: 99
Posted: 10/29/2006 4:48:12 AM
Sure you can be friends with an ex, it depends on the friendship part of the relationship and how the breakup went down, I have one ex who I chat with on occassion, (by phone or email) she has met my present partner, they have chatted a few times, it has become like a brother/sister relationship, she calls when she is feeling down cause I could allways put a smile on her face and make her laugh, there is nothing sexual happening physically or in conversation. I have a couple other exgirlfriends that are simular but not to that extent, in the means that we bump into each other in a store or mall say howdy, have a few minutes of conversation, and all is good. I also have a couple that i would rather see dead as well, and they probley feel the same about me. the little woman is in the same boat, having a couple that are still on talking terms and some that are hated.
 * L *
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2007 1:47:25 AM
NO...and why would I want to
if they werent right for me for a close relationship as a couple
they definately arent right for me as a friend which is usually a more emotionally intimate relationship.
 pf141
Msg: 106
Posted: 7/25/2009 2:01:23 PM
I am friends with ex's. The love I felt for them changes form, but doesn't go away. Afterall there was more than just the physical relationship. I'm not in relationships with men of poor quality or immaturity. These are people I trust, respect and love as a treasured friend, who truly touched my soul with the sweet kindness they showed me.
 barbee1970
Msg: 110
Posted: 7/25/2009 6:51:51 PM
I'm friends with ex boyfriends, no sex involved, no friends with benefits.

If I know we weren't meant to be than that's fine. I try to get along with everybody.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2009 6:38:22 AM
Yes, depends if you have forgiven and forgotten the reason why you and your ex quareled. Rash words can leave resentment and hurt, but if you can get past the hurt and see the good time you shared, then being friendly is possible. I am not saying a friend you can call but being civil to one another does happen. Look at my sorry ars, if I could do it anyone can.
 singleagain66
Msg: 120
Posted: 11/7/2009 8:06:13 PM
In some cases yes as I am with a few but overall I am gonna say Hell No because which ever the one that messed up the ralationship will be the one who is wrong and will try to make it yyour fault. So why try to be friends with someone who don't want to own up to the mistake they made or don't want to deal with you anyway after the relationship is over with anyway.
 TheReason_
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2009 8:13:07 PM
I'm friends with a few ex's from my past. But not the last couple immediate ex's
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >