Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Curious to know about astrologyPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I am a real Astrologer. There is much more to astrology than sun signs. Astrology is very real to me.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 41
Curious to know about astrology
Posted: 5/3/2016 5:16:03 PM
I am a Real Phrenologist, and a Real Examiner of Chicken Entrails
 BeyondtheMatrix
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/10/2016 9:48:39 PM

I am a real astrologer. There is much more to astrology than sun signs. Astrology is very real to me.

I have studied synastry (you'll know what that is, Cat*Eyes) for 35 years, although I am also deeply into location astrology.

I have been studying the charts of Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal for the last few days, looking for clues as to their powerful connection. ('Love' is something we call it after we decide to be in love, and when we get divorced we take the love back again.) It also shows up in the charts of Robert Browning and Elizabeth Barrett Browning -- same configuration.

Have you done much work on the asteroid Psyche, Cat*Eyes?

I find it interesting that on 22 November, 1963, at Dallas, Texas, the planet Pluto was in the seventh house, of open enemies, making an exact (mathematically exact) square Psyche in the tenth house, of Masters and Hierarchy, and of course 'public life.' You couldn't get a more sensitive combination of stellar bodies. Interesting, too, in that Saturn was on the horizon, well under half a degree in altitude. Above all, and this really interests me, the Scorpio Sun was at the 29th degree at a Gauquelin Sector. The 29th degree, as you know, Cat*Eyes, is more than just critical. It brings all that Scorpionic/vengeful energy blasting into action.

- Peter
 Coma_White
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2016 11:58:51 PM

thats funny cause when i see they are capricorns i tend to back off.....and Im not gullible....ive studied astrology for 15 yrs...i bet if i did your chart youd think 2x about it....u seem really rude too.

I'm willing to bet money that astrology can't generate accurate details about people greater than chance alone. No one ever wants to make a bet with me though. A lot of astrologers, aura readers, tarot card readers, and psychics have been tested and none of them have ever gotten one positive result.
 Maleman999
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/11/2016 7:45:00 AM
Would this mean the fields of psychology and psychiatry are all phony bologna because our personalities are predetermined based on where and when we were born? If I was born at a hospital 5 miles away from the one I was born in (there is another hospital a few miles away), and at the exact same time, would my personality be different because of that?
 Coma_White
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2016 8:56:04 AM

In a world of insane profiles, yours is certainly one of the leaders.

Have you ever seen your own? lol
Only on the plenty of fish message board would a person that calls himself a "sexy attorney", and has a terrible profile with no picture criticize other profiles.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/11/2016 11:45:08 AM
I honestly thought it said "sex attorney". Wtf is that, I was wondering. I even tried to imagine cases being tried. I have a case or two that I could probably take to court, and win.
 gtomustang
Msg: 47
insert Uranus joke here. Well, slowly
Posted: 6/11/2016 12:59:19 PM
yeah, but what would you wear as a lawsuit? would it be in leather? maybe it would give the jury a pro-boner? they can go home and lay down the law
 Coma_White
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2016 1:16:15 PM

This is a joke profile only intended for message board use. Hers is an obviously insane cat lady profile. Yours is pretty shit tier as well, champ. You come across as a giant **** anyway, so I'm glad you can get your ego boost from posting here.

I'm afraid you're seeing yourself in other people. People who are **** themselves, as you put it, see other people like that because that's all they understand. People who are genuinely nice, happy people, want to build others up, not look for excuses to be rude to strangers on the internet. Maybe it's something you do because you can't talk down to people in person. Who knows. What do you expect to find in my profile? I'm here to use the forums. I was talking about Astrology. Your comments have nothing to do with astrology and only consist of adolescent insults.
 BeyondtheMatrix
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/11/2016 4:56:14 PM

A lot of astrologers, aura readers, tarot card readers, and psychics have been tested and none of them have ever gotten one positive results.

I've heard that a million times before, almost letter for letter, not just word for word.

I assume you have 'tested' the financial 'experts' at the Bank of England, who make forecasts? Have you seen how many times they get it wrong, badly so?

As for psychic mediums, so many of America's police forces use them, with incredible results that they keep on using them time after time. The American police must be 'crazy,' uh? You know better than they do.

As for 'positive results,' back in England, before I came out here, I worked for a newspaper as an astrologer. I made three global predictions at least a year before they happened, and they all came true. No, I don't expect you to believe me, or anything. Just keep 'testing' those psychics.
 BeyondtheMatrix
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/11/2016 4:58:29 PM
You should read Psychiatry -- the Science of Lies, by Emeritus Professor of Psychiatry the late Thomas Szasz. He talks about the madness of psychiatry and how it's nothing but 'chasing unicorns.'

I prefer astrology. I hope that's OK with you?
 purplerider1200
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2016 5:07:37 PM
I read a book called Sun Signs, and is that spooky right. It's truly nuts how accurate that book is.

Things I find curious about Zodiac signs-

Pisces women are strangely attractive.

Fire sign women are aggressive.

Aquarians really don't give a durn-about anything.

Geminis really do have two personalities.

Aries women are bossy.

Sagittarians can get mad in a heartbeat, and in the next minute we're done. (I'm a Sag, by the way)
 Coma_White
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2016 5:49:30 PM

I've heard that a million times before, almost letter for letter, not just word for word.

I assume you have 'tested' the financial 'experts' at the Bank of England, who make forecasts? Have you seen how many times they get it wrong, badly so?

That doesn't even make sense. Financial experts aren't making claims that they can see the future. They can make educated guesses based on market trends. Psychics are just cold readers that take advantage of gullible people that have money to throw around.

As for psychic mediums, so many of America's police forces use them, with incredible results that they keep on using them time after time. The American police must be 'crazy,' uh? You know better than they do.

Really? So what are their names and how much money do they make for this job? Where are their incredible results published? It would take a pretty dim person to believe that a "psychic" can find missing people but can't figure out what the lottery numbers are. A guy like Wim Hof passes every test he's given and proved he can control his body temperature and immune response at will. Not one psychic has ever passed a test or proved they can get consistent results greater than chance alone. Sorry, but it's horse crap.

As for 'positive results,' back in England, before I came out here, I worked for a newspaper as an astrologer. I made three global predictions at least a year before they happened, and they all came true. No, I don't expect you to believe me, or anything. Just keep 'testing' those psychics.

Where is the documentation of these predictions? If they were in the newspaper, you would have a record of them. Why would I need to believe you if you could easily prove it to me by showing me the documentation? Why wouldn't psychics need to be tested? They are the ones making ridiculous claims.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/11/2016 10:33:08 PM
^ You know what I think? I think you find him strangely arousing.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2016 10:48:50 PM
you are from a different family environment and soul development. Naturally you are different. You inherit certain genes from your family and then the environment and other circumstances will cause you to develop in certain ways. THe trouble is people have only a superficial knowledge of astrology which is a complex art and science. They read certain books or the newspaper columns which are often inaccurate to say the least.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2016 10:51:00 PM
purplerider

If you are referring to Linda Goodmans Sun Signs then she is good. As a man you express the sun sign more than the moon sign for instance but there are other planets to take into consideration and of course not all Pisces are strangely attractive or even strange, nor are fire sign women always aggressive etc. ..... They can be but not necessarily. It is just a generalisation.

Coma_White
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2016 11:24:53 PM

Coma White, you post dissertation after dissertation on here. If you are truly in a relationship, how and why do you have so much time to post your drivel?

That's funny, I was just about to ask you the same question.
I've never written a dissertation on here. Maybe dictionary.com can help you define that word.

you are from a different family environment and soul development. Naturally you are different. You inherit certain genes from your family and then the environment and other circumstances will cause you to develop in certain ways. THe trouble is people have only a superficial knowledge of astrology which is a complex art and science. They read certain books or the newspaper columns which are often inaccurate to say the least.

This is a common argument I've seen many times before. People claim that the skeptics don't understand astrology. Unfortunately, astrology is not a science. Nothing about it is consistent.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2016 5:32:21 AM
The 12 zodiac signs were designated over 3,000 years ago, when astrology began. However, astronomer Parke Kunkle says that due to gradual changes in the Earth's alignment the dates of many zodiac signs have changed, according to NBC. In addition, there may be a 13th zodiac sign: Ophiuchus for those born after 2009. (the 13th sign, seems significant to have the 13th sign?)

http://www.syracuse.com/have-you-heard/index.ssf/2011/01/did_your_zodiac_sign_change_ce.html

So what does this mean for those that believe in astrology?
 bamaisstillhere
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/12/2016 10:09:22 PM
Coma White- Sexyattorney has an........interesting approach to debating you.
Something about you really bothers her, but that's another thread.
Astrology will continue to be the subject of debate, it has never been proven, factually.
I'm not sure how it can ever be.
Conversely, it can not be DISproven either.
Lack of factual conformation does NOT disprove it, it only means it can not be proven.
A lot of people would not understand the difference, I think you do.
Am I right?
Anyway............
Astrology has been around for thousands of years.
There is MUCH more to it than the general guessing you see in the newspapers or online.
I would suggest you do more research into it before you dismiss it.
There is much in the world that humans can't grasp, including the way our minds work.
Simply saying that you do not believe in it doesn't make it invalid to others.
 Coma_White
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2016 10:14:15 PM

Coma White- Sexyattorney has an........interesting approach to debating you.
Something about you really bothers her, but that's another thread.
Astrology will continue to be the subject of debate, it has never been proven, factually.
I'm not sure how it can ever be.
Conversely, it can not be DISproven either.
Lack of factual conformation does NOT disprove it, it only means it can not be proven.
A lot of people would not understand the difference, I think you do.
Am I right?
Anyway............
Astrology has been around for thousands of years.
There is MUCH more to it than the general guessing you see in the newspapers or online.
I would suggest you do more research into it before you dismiss it.
There is much in the world that humans can't grasp, including the way our minds work.
Simply saying that you do not believe in it doesn't make it invalid to others.

That's a logical fallacy unfortunately. A person doesn't need to research something. Astrology either has supporting evidence to prove the claim that it's true, or it doesn't. I could know nothing or everything about astrology, and it wouldn't change the fact that there is no supporting evidence. Of course I can't prove a negative, but I don't have the burden of proof. The burden of proof lies with the people claiming astrology works. There isn't a shred of evidence to support astrology doing what it claims it can do.
 rockstartrucker82
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2016 3:49:46 PM
Let's end this... If astrology is true, how come twins can have completely opposite personalities and habits, and are attracted to people born during "opposing" times of the year, if they're supposed to all share these similar traits? How come two different people born at the same exact time haven't been interviewed to try to prove that they're the same exact type of person?

If there was ANY truth to astrology, it would be proven already... but there isn't.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/13/2016 3:59:50 PM
^ You're trying to cast doubt on something that is based on faith. Science is based on doubt. Astrology, like religion, is based on faith (with a little suggestibility thrown in). It's like arguing with someone against their religion. And if someone doesn't grasp the concept of suggestibility, you can't do anything. Short of sending them back to high school.

* Is that a chrystal ball?
 bamaisstillhere
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/13/2016 4:01:23 PM
Coma White- One of us is guilty of a logical fallacy.
You are saying:
Astrology is not real because it can't be proven
If it can't be proven, it isn't real
That's making a statement and then proving it with the same statement, just worded differently.
This is called circular reasoning.............

Circular reasoning (Latin: circulus in probando, "circle in proving"; also known as circular logic) is a logical fallacy in which the reasoner begins with what they are trying to end with.

Edit to add: SO is Rockin' trucker. Read his argument, then reread the definition of circular logic. You'll see it. (I hope)
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/14/2016 5:05:18 AM
I have noticed this tendency on more than one site...

certain regulars tend to write rather in depth answers that go on and on..

odd thing..until I stumbled across a want add on a freelance site

for people to contribute to forums and get paid by the word
and the number of threads they start
 Maleman999
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/14/2016 6:30:30 AM
How many astrologers have an advanced knowledge of astronomy, if so many things in astrology rely on the position of celestial bodies in the universe at specific times? There might be web sites now that could give a person some of that information-but how did they get that information before the days of home computers and the internet? Do astrologers hang out at planetariums and have discussions with astronomers to get this information? With potentially thousands or millions of celestial bodies in the universe, how do astrologers decide which celestial bodies affect a person and which ones don't?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >