Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 celticprinzess
Msg: 40
Men dating single mothersPage 2 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
ooops are we chatting -

I've got tons to say about this thread - but I will not stoop to the level that it has been reduced to - I just feel sorry for the OP - this isnt what he meant by his post...

Too bad people feel the need to hijack...

C
 darkcoco31
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Men dating single mothers
Posted: 10/9/2005 12:13:41 AM
first of all you should be ashame of yourself and i want you to know that you are not a man at all, you are such a fool. weather she has 2 kids by 2 different men or not you are still a disgrace to men. i am a single mother of a daughter and i have a good job and my own medical insurance, bluecross blueshield ppo and i have a big house and a 3 unit rental apartment building that pays for my house too and i dont take any child support from my daughter's father because i have more assets than him and more money in the banks. i also have a brand new car that i daughter when my daughter was born and she is just 1yr old. i dont live pay check to pay check, i have one job. i am not looking for any man to take care of my daughter because i shop for my daughter everytime i want to.dont you know that it is a blessing for you to help some women that have kids and needed help and if you are that good you will not be staying with the lady and you dont even own your own house.i hate to know a man like you exsist. it is not how mush you make but how much you can manage money. some people make alot of money and they are broke while some make less money and have more money saved. you call yourself handsomedark male lol funny. how can you be handsome when you have a very dark heart. people like you will die been sad, you sound like a very sad man. dont you know that kids are blessing from god, alot of people want to have kids so bad but they could not, i will never trade motherhood to anything, i am very happy and blessed.
 devil_gal
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2005 6:56:24 PM
some men out here a stupid....

they blame the women for being single parent and it's a two way situation.

I was a single mother for 4 yrs before i got engaged to a wonderful man and i have my HS and i also have a college degree in Law.
 AnGeLbEaNz
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2005 4:20:04 PM
u tell them superspecial....im a single moomy and the way i look at the topic...i tell everyone form the beginin....im a mommy and im glad to be a mommy...im a package deal...!
 AnGeLbEaNz
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2005 4:12:03 AM
If it would be easier for all us single mom's to find a dating site that's dedicated to men wanting to date single mom's it would be so much easier for us single moms......... if that datin site is out there somewhere plz send me that link....lol...
 Wench Wrench
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/6/2005 7:53:37 PM
As a single father, of course I'd date a single mother. Kids are great, no matter whose they are, for the most part. They're a part of her, just like mine is of me. I don't comprehend why there would be a problem. Just my two cents worth.
 AnGeLbEaNz
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2005 11:02:07 PM
FREELIGHT.....we may have to start one on our own....lol
 Talon80
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2005 8:19:20 AM
if you think that being a singlr mother is bad, try being a single father. I've had them with me full time for almost a year and I meet more woman that want nothing to do with me because of them. So I guess what Im trying to say is whats the difference, man, woman its all the same bull shit get over it?
 secretidentity
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2005 2:22:48 PM
I have dated a single mother in the past and i would not have passed it up for the world. The hardest part is letting go of the child if things do not work out. In this day in age single parents are more and more common. You don't wanna miss out on something that could be great, but you better be ready to be a influence in the childs life. If you're not then best to steer clear.

Just my opinion.
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2005 2:36:27 PM
I persoanlly seem to have been a magnet for single Mom’s & I haven’t shied away from it because I genuinely enjoy kids.

I’ve just realized over the last couple of years that ALL the women I’ve had serious relationships with over the last 8 years have been single Mom’s, They’ve been great people for the most part and we’ve parted on great terms---the one thing in common that they all had was that they didn’t want another child.

While I have no problem being part of a ready made family, if I met the right person, I would like to bring one into the world together. Being in love AND sharing in the birth of a child together has got to be the ultimate life experience.

So I made a point of alluding to wanting a child in my profile. Funny (& ironic) thing is, many women have overlooked that part (which is obviously a key issue, LOL) & I’ve had responses from women who don’t want kids or are past child bearing age.

This site is great (I’d never heard of it until a couple of months ago) but I guess my one beef is with the “Undecided” option under “Want children”. To my way of thinking, whether or not you want a child (assuming you met the right person) is either/or and is not something to be unsure about. So I’m a little baffled by that....just my opinion...

Cheers,

Dave
 Black_Hockey_Guy
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2005 2:45:35 PM
Oh in regards to the last bit about whether they want children, I'd have to say the "Prefer not to say" option is even worse...what are you supposed to do with that?? Kids's are a key issue to agree or disagree on so don't you want to not waste one another's time by knowing right off the bat whether you are on the same page in that regard?? Again, just IMO

Dave
 drtoby187
Msg: 66
Posted: 11/28/2005 6:48:32 PM
I've been sitting here thinking about what freelight said about her son coming first.

Now I'm gonna try and word this right so I don't look like and a-hole.

Lady your going to wake up one day old and lonely Knowing you could have had some one to share your life with, If only you had listened to your heart instead of your son.
If you don't listen to your feelings it will only get worst.
because your son will see that your sad, and he will ask you why your sad. and you will tell him. that you have noone to share the rest of your life with. again he will ask why.
then you will have to tell him its all his fault because he did not like any of the guys you dated even though they were great. and he will feel like crap because you feel like crap.

so do what my mom did and tell your kid to go piss up a rope and find your self someone to be with. your son will get over it eventually and except your new found love.

my mom has been married for 18 years this december and has never been happier and I am happy that she is happy.

this goes for all of you men and women alike.

For dating women with children I have done it before and I would do it again. there is nothing wrong with being with anyone that already has kid even if you don't have any of your own.
 explorer70
Msg: 67
Posted: 12/6/2005 1:49:13 PM
I haven't read the whole thread, but will do so when I get time. Meanwhile, here's my two cents worth:

I love children and when I met my soon to be ex-wife, she had a daughter from a previous marriage. One of the things I fell in love with about her was that here was this single mom making it on her own, and she treated her daughter like gold. If she wasn't a good mother, I would have run the other way, quickly. Knowing she is a good mother, I will not battle her for custody of our son, knowing he is in a good place and knowing that I don't want to separate him from his sister, though it will tear me up not getting to spend as much time with the kids.

Now if I had the choice between a single mom and a single woman with no children, that would be a hard decision. It would depend entirely on their personalities rather than whether they have children or not (as long as the one with children was a good mom).

Bein that I will be a single dad, soon, I take off my proverbial hat in respect to all single parents, because I know that it isn't an easy job.
Posted: 1/8/2006 5:57:33 PM
I read most of this thread and had to put my two cents in. I am a single mother of a wonderful precious two year old daughter. It was never my choice to be a "single mom" my ex-husband filed for divorce when she was 10 months old. However, I completed everything I needed to PRIOR to motherhood. I have three University degrees, a great satisfying and well paying job, and will soon own my own home. Guys that don't want to date single mothers are not looking for relationships. And they assume we are all broke, stupid, easy, and somehow got ourselves into the situation we are in. However, what guys don't see is that being a mother makes you (well me anyway) have all of the wonderful qualities men look for in relationships such as honestly, nuturance, patience, reliability, organization and independence. I would never expect a man that I date to be a father, she has one of those.
 Melissanicole
Msg: 71
Posted: 1/8/2006 6:39:13 PM
Very well said secret. Single parents are not a "one size fits all" group. Some SP's are looking for a financial provider and have low standards and morals. Others are highly educated and lead very ambitious and respectable lives, independently.

The only common theme I notice is that most single parents are either on one end or the other... there doesnt appear to be many in the middle.
 cynicaljynx
Msg: 73
Posted: 1/8/2006 11:06:50 PM
Slight sidetracking, but I have noticed something over the last year and am curious about it...

Having looked at several online dating sites I see a lot of women who are single parents looking for relationships... and they always have sons, never daughters. I know that can't always be the case, but it is all I personally have seen so far. Is there a reason for this appearant lopsidedness?

Having lived with children of both genders for some years now, as well as one who was autistic, my experience is that dealing with girls at the younger years seems an awful lot easier then boys... though boys are a HELL of a lot easier to deal with during the teen years.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >