Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 letscnow
Msg: 252
Men dating single mothersPage 20 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
Zain, you better go and try the married moms because the single moms have given up on you man. <---- how I think of zain by his posts in here...
 freetime2bme
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Men dating single mothers
Posted: 3/16/2009 1:29:28 PM
"I can't wait to have more children."

WoW that would be a big red flag to almost every guy I know. A single mom that can't wait to have more. Sounds like cild support waiting to happen lol. How about waiting to build a lasting relationship before having more kids or just do oto-mom.
 69AnGeLeYeS69
Msg: 254
Posted: 3/16/2009 2:10:48 PM
The whole women with children generally have no goals or vision for what they want out of life and end up living a poor or at best mediocre lifestyle...i personally resent that...im a single mother to be and you know what ive done my college term i have a career to start after the babys born giving me the opportunity to raise my child and still work, i work as it is now and plan on working till the absolute last moment before the babys born, just because there are single moms out there that are in that situation and chose not to change it doesnt mean all single moms are like that. I have a future for me and my children and no man needs to be there to support my way thru ive done fine this far without a man supporting me. but thank you for showing that there are men out there that are narrow minded and have no clue there are some decent mothers.
 beautyfromwithin86
Msg: 257
Posted: 3/21/2009 8:28:19 PM
you had the same reaction i did, as far as the moms on poverty you do what you have to for your child sometimes you must swallow that lump in your throat whats it called oh yea...PRIDE and get over it, and no i dont have alot of money but gee to me money isnt everything and id rather my children not to grow up materialistic as my mom did for me, my children are content playing in a mudhole more so than what new movie or game system is out or something else expensive, i found the person who posted that awful statement, a very rude and heartless person you do not know our circumstances do not judge us on first glance, as for all the other single moms and dads out there we know ultimately whats best for our children and we know they all always come first no matter what
 rlovernyc
Msg: 258
Posted: 3/25/2009 12:30:22 PM
i recently dated a woman with a child

i have to admit, she was great, and sometimes i wished she never had a child cuz we would have made a great couple but im the type that was raise old fashion
husband wife and there children, its was hard for me to accept a kid who wasnt mine and that the constant interaction with the child family (i know it sounds selfish but if u had your own kids this wouldnt be happening)
the constant restriction

supporting & raising someone else child

i guess, im the typical man but i have to say to date a woman with kids its absolutely hard and difficult and i could only imagine how hard it is for them
i do feel sorry but i cant because in life u make decisions and u have to live with it

thats all
 tracimae
Msg: 259
view profile
History
single mothers
Posted: 6/4/2009 7:31:28 PM
I'm a single mom who is educated works hard with a daughter on a full ride academic scholorship and a perfect 4.0. I have worked all my life but have not dated until my daughter became an adult. I realize I'm an exception to the rule but times are changing. I married with my second child and did better when he left. Men I believe are intimidated by single moms who are independent.
 CorkysRevenge
Msg: 260
single mothers
Posted: 6/12/2009 3:45:15 PM
There are three types of men without kids that would consider dating a single mother.
A) The guys that are just looking for sex and will only continue a long term relationship with the mom until she gets pissed about all the other girls he's banging.
B) losers
C) pedophiles. Any man without kids that says he finds women with kids more attractive is 100% guaranteed to be a pedophile.

You'll come across a lot of category A men out on the street and in the bars, whereas there's an abundance of category B&C men on POF.
 zeroK420
Msg: 261
single mothers
Posted: 1/21/2012 3:37:01 AM
I personally just don't want kids of my own. Why would I want to pay for someone else's children if I don't want my own? Not to mention the child support laws even if said kid isn't even your biological kid. Barely have enough money for myself and kids cost money. And money is just another issue in itself. What a pain...
 Tealwood
Msg: 262
single mothers
Posted: 1/21/2012 8:15:51 AM
I'm a single mom who is educated works hard with a daughter on a full ride academic scholorship and a perfect 4.0. I have worked all my life but have not dated until my daughter became an adult. I realize I'm an exception to the rule but times are changing. I married with my second child and did better when he left. Men I believe are intimidated by single moms who are independent.

Congratulations....great when they are able to do for themselves as opposed to looking for the parents to pay for them....mine is on a 100% athletic scholarship in engineering doing a 3.73....it seems few athletes are found in engineering due to the work load...but engineering does have great career opportunities as opposed to some of the traditional degree's that many woman follow....now long time gone...i wonder what your daughters degree was in?

I want a man that will be a good roll model to my kids, a father figure

Very good point...a good role model who makes good informed choices in their life....one who perhaps has a career and a direction in life before they have children...a role model who can provide for their children in-spite of changes that could be brought by a failed marriage? Good choices or good role models for our children can and should go both ways?

That's because you are not a man.[/qquote]

Real men ...sounds just like my ex...as she would always tell me what real men do...like be the financial provider....and in the 11th year of separation..still have never seen a dime from her in financial support of our children...

Real woman have their children after they have completed their education and are in a financial situation where they can properly provide for themselves and their children....if we want to talk about defining "real"

zeroK420
Msg: 263
Posted: 1/21/2012 4:21:48 PM

That's because you are not a man.

So wait, I don't want kids of my own and because of this, I've steered clear of women that have kids. And I'm not a man because of this? Oh thats rich, logic and reasoning are outside of a woman's mind and comments like this only seem to keep telling me I'm right. I'll just start pandering to the will of a woman as that will supposedly make me a man.
 Siks6
Msg: 264
single mothers
Posted: 1/21/2012 5:47:36 PM
That's because you are not a man.

How are you not a "man" for not wanting to get involved with somebody else's kids? That is their choice, which they have a right to that choice, and certainly hell does not mean you are not a "man" for making that choice. Your hypocritical comment is a joke. Your logic fails. But I guess that is the mind of a typical young 20 year old mother. Kids shouldn't have kids :)
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 265
Posted: 1/21/2012 9:10:13 PM

Women with children generally have no goals or vision for what they want out of life and end up living a poor, or at best, mediocre lifestyle.

This just makes me laugh....how narrow minded. I have a wonderful career, make great money, live in an affluent city, own my own place, and am definetly not poor by any means.
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 266
single mothers
Posted: 1/21/2012 9:15:25 PM

C) pedophiles. Any man without kids that says he finds women with kids more attractive is 100% guaranteed to be a pedophile.

100% eh? I need stat's please.

As for (A), I find it hilarious you would use the word relationship and banging other chicks in the same sentence. Carry on!
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 267
Posted: 1/21/2012 9:20:26 PM

A lot of butt-hurt women in here.

Maybe some are. Perhaps its because of the jaded tone that comes from the verbage. I personally dont understand why someone without kids would come into a single parents forum if they are adamant on not wanting to date a single parent. Im not Canadian, so I find no need to go into the Canadian forum, or any other state forum besides my own.

IMO, I honestly really dont care if my status of single parent is a turn off to some. Ive had no lack of dating in that dept. I have no problem finding dates, men with no children, or other single fathers (which a single father is my preference).

I have nothing bad to say about a man with no children when it comes to dating. I do find it funny that a man without kids has so much negatives to say about a single mom. Its that deep seeded bitterness that they got burned by one and this has become their outlet. They just wont admit it ;)

To each his own I say. Dont wanna date me? Please, step aside, cause they hunk behind you will gladly shove you aside to knock on that door MUAHHHH!
 Ortin
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2012 10:20:35 PM
I am hesitant when I consider dating a single mother, but that's because I don't feel I'm mature enough to deal with children.

I'm still going to university and never had to worry about being a provider. The thought of getting closer to a single mother makes me feel that by extension I need to be closer to her child. I have little experience dating women period, and the thought of dating a woman while simultaneously being involved in her child's life scares me. I just don't feel ready for that.
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 269
Posted: 1/21/2012 11:10:49 PM
^^^ Completely understandable, i would assume most younger college aged men feel the same way. I felt the same way prior to becoming pregnant.
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 270
Posted: 1/21/2012 11:13:35 PM
^^some great honesty there
..and to be honest, you shouldnt. Continue and finish your education, have fun during those awesome college years while you still can. I will tell you though, any mature responsible woman would not allow the man to be involved during the early stages of dating. I do get what you are saying though. When I was young and in my early 20's, I felt the same way. I did date a few men that were single fathers.
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 271
Posted: 1/21/2012 11:13:36 PM

So wait, I don't want kids of my own and because of this, I've steered clear of women that have kids. And I'm not a man because of this?

Nothing wrong with that, not at all, people who have chosen to have children just dont like stones being cast at them & all kinds of wild assumptions made about their character because they have chosen to enjoy parenthood & the love of a child/ren. (Not saying you do that)
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 272
Posted: 1/21/2012 11:19:06 PM
exactly queen. some of us finished college, met someone who we fell in love with and married then went on to have a child thru that love. as for what happens later down the road, ehh, $hit happens. not all single mothers went out partying and got knocked up cause we got wasted at a club and made bad decisions (the movie knocked up comes to mind).
i will tell you what though, i am not sitting around complaining or wasting my time wondering if my status is undesirable. to each his own. just lay off on the assumptions, we arent allll baaaaaad
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 273
Posted: 1/21/2012 11:28:29 PM
^^^ I LOVE that movie! "SHMUSHMORTION"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 mrcs84
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2012 10:59:05 AM
So, can someone explain to me why what the exact need is for 3 threads on the same topic on the first page of these forums?
 Siks6
Msg: 275
Posted: 1/22/2012 11:15:42 AM
^^^because people don't know how to use the search button, so they keep making the same topics that have been done to death. Then people bump all the threads to hell. :)
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 276
Posted: 1/22/2012 3:26:10 PM
moderators seem to be lacking in this department, which seems so unlike them. usually they are quick to ban, yet, dont follow thru with ALL forum rules.
 PinkGlamFairy
Msg: 277
Posted: 1/25/2012 1:05:10 PM
Thanks for sharing a place in your heart for us single mothers.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >