Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Misa101
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Men dating single mothersPage 4 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
Johnny boy, you are a joy and delight to read.
All men should stand and applaud you because in comparison to you there's many a frog who's looking like a prince right now.

Have you thought about karma as you go round and over all the women that did you wrong. I'd say some yoga could fix you up a treat. A little bit of quiet time to focus on you and listen to the peace within ( as opposed to the voices that clearly talk to you on a daily basis)
 dfc81
Msg: 173
Men dating single mothers
Posted: 6/18/2008 6:15:02 PM
I would sooner date a women with a child than one without children. I'm a single father. I would want someone that understands my situation and, I would hope, has gotten most of the, single with no kids, life out of there system. That doesn't mean I wouldn't date a women with no children, but the odds of success there are probably slimmer.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 190
Posted: 2/3/2009 7:19:56 PM
Much like how people with leprosy were all sent to Molakai?

Single parentood is NOT contagious honey!!!

I already live on an island so ya got one down.

it IS warm here year round so Jaxi and Itsallintheosul can come join me, hey, now ya got 3 down, ur on the way to winning a nobel peace prize for that idea Ben!

Now Jimmy Buffet can write a song about Single mothers wastin away in Margaritaville,,,,,

All of those Single mothers covered with oil,
Strumming my six string, on my front porch swing,
Smell those shrimp, they're beginning to boil.
Wasting away again in single mother ville, looking for my lost dam birth control pill
,,,,,,,some people say there might be a baby daddy to blame,,,,,,but i know!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,its all those evil womens fault.
 rayse
Msg: 200
Posted: 2/7/2009 10:45:17 PM
Single mothers are one of the worst to try and date. They never want to leave their comfort zone and for no reason whatsoever, are protective about their kids. They create more drama than anyone else open to dating online. I have absolutely no pity whatsoever for single moms.
whoa. that's harsh and very narrow minded.

parents (mothers or fathers) are protective of their kids. so what? better that they're (we're) NOT protective? do you have car alarm? how about a lock for your front door? why? being protective?

and comfort zone? what's wrong with ANYONE having a comfort zone? as someone pointed out before, it's all about picking out/being choosy. that's why we write up a profile and set limits/preferences.

you might not have pity for single moms (parents) but i do pity you.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 202
Posted: 2/7/2009 11:13:56 PM
Well thats good, i dont pity myself either for having kids.
I love having my little family, and rather than pity myself i am proud of myself for providing a good home and good life to my kids.
Even when my heart shattered to pieces after my love died i still take good care of those babies, and rather than pity i get many accolades from the people that mean the most, family and friends, and have a strong emotional support network consisting of my family, my spouses family, and my dear friends.
who needs your pity dude?
 Sweet_Nadiene
Msg: 208
Posted: 2/8/2009 3:06:40 PM
Posted: 2/8/2009 6:01:34 PM
Hi, well.....im a single mom(never thought id say that in my life)...not to be a statistic, but it was my fate....I love my son more than i could have imagined myself loving someone in my life. I raise him and dont really have time for me in my life anymore. Sad but true. I imagined life to be with a complete family when i was a child, but never did it cross my mind that the man in my life would let me down. My son is the only pure and meaningful part of my life that i can say is the real thing (love). I cant speak of having another man in my life cause i feel i would dissapoint my son later on if he knows i went with someone other than his dad. While his dad has his girlfriend, i feel i cant do that. My son lives with me and his dad never sees him, so i guess out of sight, out of mind!. But when i see my son, i see the future and i wont ever want to dissapoint him. As for me, i dont mean to sound cliche, but i feel im destined to be alone in life...whether or not thats my destiny...its what i feel sometimes....... At least i can look and back and say i raised a great son one day (hopefully)...I plan to do my best!!!!!!
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 211
Posted: 2/9/2009 10:20:21 PM
If we didnt jump guys bones we wouldnt have kids.
 samoe0111
Msg: 215
Posted: 2/10/2009 8:43:51 AM
Baggage, poverty, no similar goals, out of shape, little to no education, no hobbies, no freedom, etc etc etc

I dated a woman with a child once. Very nice lady, still friends with her, but our lives were just too different. I felt 26 going on 40 while dating her. I felt her daughter did not get the full attention from her mother, and that upset me. I felt bad for her daughter as I thought she was a wonderful kid who was longing oh so bad for a father.

Women with children generally have no goals or vision for what they want out of life and end up living a poor, or at best, mediocre lifestyle.

** Ok so i read that.....and im amazed at how shallow someone can be to actually write this......I'm a single mother....however i am not POOR, i do have an education.....and excuse me mister but did you ever have kids and grow another human being in your body??? no probably not so dont give me that crap about out of shape....you have kids and then come talk to me about being out of shape ..... and i do have goals. oh but thats right....you know all of us single mothers right? so you would already know that about me......

The single mothers who are out there pushing through everyday loving on their kids and doing the best they can are typically HAPPY with their life...sure things could have been different but ask any single mom and they'll tell you they wouldnt trade their babies for anything. . . at least the good single moms anyways that arent crazy and wacked out. seriously- where do you come off you dont even know what its like just because you've dated ONE. And YOU my man are probably the reason why most of us are single mothers....you are a jerk :) and you are narrow minded. So please....expand your horizons a little and stay away from single mothers if all you have to offer is a peanut of a brain because we dont want you.
<3 Samantha
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 217
Posted: 2/10/2009 10:42:18 AM
Poor?
WTF, single mothers cant afford to be poor!

Baggage, poverty, no similar goals, out of shape, little to no education, no hobbies, no freedom, etc etc etc

What baggage? Where? I have some grief to work thorugh, but baggage? No.

What poverty? My single parent home is doing WAY better than most of my single counterparts.
I own 3 homes, working on my fourth, 3 cars, no debt, own a business, work part time, have numerous stocks and bonds and CD's, have my kids set up for college, and lack for noting we want and or need.
Wheres rhis poverty you presume is going on in my single parent home?

Out of shape, yeah i got some meat on me , but that is not because i have kids, that is because i enjoy my steaks and lobsters and spaghetti and my mother in laws
Italian cookin, and always have dessert. I would never blame my having some xtra weight on my kids. I take responsibility for my life, and diont blame my kids for whatever doesnt go my way or could be improved on.

No education,,,,,,while i did not actually formally complete a bachelors, many of my single mother counterparts have. I did finish high school, i did take vocational
courses to further my job skills all throughout my adult life, and traveled thwe world, learning about the world firsthand.

No Goals,,,,,,,
I have 97% of my life goals completed.

No hobbies:
I have plenty. Many which are more fulfilling than my single no kids counterparts hobbies of "gettin crunk and clubbin".

No freedom:
Yeah you may have got me there, time can be an issue for me, but if im really into someone and feel he is worth the hassle, i will hire a sitter.
 flcntrygirl80
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2009 6:28:07 PM
fun tall... wow..... you obviously have no children and have never had anyone that had to rely 100% on you for their care and well being. Perhaps you have dated a single mom who didn't want to leave their comfort zone...whatever you mean by that. I for one am a single mom who is very protective of my daughter because nobody else can be. I am not one of those women who bring random guys around her child, because it isn't fair to the child. It takes a mature man to be able to date a single mom and understand that the child has to come first because that child relies on their parent for everything. That is not to say that a man I date and eventually marry cannot or willnot become a priority in my life. He would just be a different type of priority. If a man doesn't want to date a single mom then fine, but don't put them down until you walk in their shoes...

To the poster saying we single mom's are on welfare and are just looking for a financial backer they need to open their eyes and get real.

To posters saying an baby's father is always going to cause drama because they are an ex.. get a clue. Even a woman who is not a single mom could have an ex that would cause drama, so don't place that stigma only on single moms.

I for one have a decent parenting relationship with my daughter's father, but NEVER want to get back with him. He's an ex for a reason. A man looking at dating a single mom needs to remember 2 things. 1:you have to be flexible because things can happen with the kids that can cause plans to change. 2:don't always think the woman is looking for a father or father-figure for her child.

ok, end of single mom rant.
 wickedgyal
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2009 6:32:15 PM
OK PEOPLE,

I DIDN'T READ THE WHO,E THREAD JUST CAUSE ITS REALLY LONG.

WHY IS EVERYBODY TALKING ABOUT 'POOR SINGLE MOMS'

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE INCONSIDERATE ***holeS WHO LEFT US HIGH AND DRY!!!! JUST BECAUSE THEY DID NOT REALIZE THE EFFORT THEY REALLY HAD TO PUT IN TO RAISE A CHILD.

IF YOU ASK ME , THESE WOMEN HAVE TO DEAL WITH ENOUGH WHY PUT THEM DOWN AND BLAME THEM. THEY ARE NOT TO BLAME. I AM NOT SAYING THAT SOME RELATIONSHIPS JUST DIDNT NEED TO BE ABSOLVED BECAUSE OF SERIOUS DIFFERENCES. BUT COME ON HERE, TO HOLD A WOMEN IN SUCH A TOUGH POSITION RESPONSIBLE? LIKE THEY WANTED TO SPEND EVERY WAKING MINUTE DOING EVERYTHING ELSE FOR THEIR CHILDREN AND NOT GETTING A DAMN THING, NOT EVEN A FLIPPIN THANK YOU.

THE YOUNG SINGLE MOMS, YEAH I HAVE A BIT OF BEEF WITH, GET SOME EDUCATION AND DONT GIVE AND COP SOME EXCUSE BOUT 'IM A SINGLE MOTHER'

IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THE HATERS ARE FROM RICH WEALTHY SO CALLED NO DIVORCING FAMILIES. MAYBE YOU CHECK OUT THE COBWEBS AND PERHAPS YOU'LL PROBAABLY SEE THAT THINGS ARE NOT SO PERFECT AFTER ALL.
 lonerman1981
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2009 9:43:54 PM
Hey redmamma,

Do you own your home or does the bank?
Do you get child support?
Do you know what your kids want out of life?
Were you not willing to settle or not willing to compromise?
next time you are in church, stop the "activeness" sit down and read the bible and see what life is really about.
I hope perhaps you were just posting in Anger of the sweeping generalization made by the one date he had with a single mother
PS I married a single mother so I have a lot of insight on the subject

:modhammer:
 Dave90027
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 1:43:03 AM
I agree with what you're saying.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 234
Posted: 2/12/2009 4:09:09 PM
I heard a radio call in today that really wowed me, and scared my buddy off a single mother.
A lady had been calling into the station for a few weeks, talking to the male daytime dj, well he was interested in meeting her and taking her out for dinner/drinks, and she popped up with "i need to ask you something serious before we meet".

;how much money do you make? because you gotta make a lot of money to be able to take care of me and my kids. I hope dj'ing pays you well."

Ge laughed hysterically, cancelled heir date, and hung up.

The funniest part, he played it on the air, and broadcasted it as a "warning to the guys about single moms."

And he makes very good money, just thought her audacity was absurd.
Nice that this random radio caller just gave us a bad name.
 Tealwood
Msg: 235
Posted: 2/12/2009 4:22:57 PM
if the shoe fits?

But heck........I have no problem with the question if I can ask it also?
 faithin09
Msg: 239
Posted: 2/13/2009 10:21:55 PM
My personal opinion, which I'm entitled to, is that it's totally up to a guy as to what his preference is.
I'm a single mother of 2 children. I'm successful in more than one way. I've been very blessed...thank God!
However, if a man chooses to not read my profile or doesn't try to get to know me because I have kids, that's on him. I look at it as his lost, not mine.
I can't knock a man that chooses to skip over me because of my kids. When I was younger I preferred men that didn't have children. I felt that it wasn't fair to me, since I was coming to the table without kids, I felt that he should too. Even now, I have 2 kids and I don't want to date a man that has way more kids than me. Am I wrong for that? Let me answer that question...NO I AM NOT!
I came across profiles of guys that I think would be great for me as well as me for them, but they specify they don't want a woman with kids. In the past, I'd let it get to me and sometimes I'd find it insulting, but at the end of the day I know that I'm a great mother, a God-fearing good woman, and I have so much to offer the "right" man. Obviously the man that excluded me before he even got to know me, wasn't the right one for me and that's okay.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 240
Posted: 2/14/2009 12:21:38 AM
I get what you're saying Zain.
Nobody can demand that anyone be with them.
I never once thought i "deserved", or was entitled to anything to anyone, and have been very lucky in the romance dept. I was with the most amazing man in the universe, and bless him we lost him to diabetic problems and renal failure and some hospiatal staff incompetencies, but i did find true love as a single mom.
And it was when i was least expecting it. When romance was the farthest thing on my mind, it walked into my life.
So what i hear you saying is, what does the woman/single mother bring to the table as a woman? I get it.
I tried dating single dads before.
I actually prefer childless men over the dads. (Though i really try to look at the person not the parental status. They are less whiny and dont have that "im a single parent gimme that happiness im entitled to" BS.

And about being short, dont sweat it. My co-worker is my height (5'3), has an awesome outgoing enthusiastic about life attitude, and when he DJ's the Hawaiin tropic pageants, he has the tanning oil models falling all over him. (Same guy that was fixin to start dating a single mom until she called him at work with a last minute question of "how much money did he make, cuz he had to be able to take care of her and her kids." And she asked on the air, so im sure the local men here are all just dying to date single moms now, lmao!
Oppurtune time to play Kanye Wests "Goldigger" it was.
 letscnow
Msg: 252
Posted: 3/15/2009 6:56:34 PM
Zain, you better go and try the married moms because the single moms have given up on you man. <---- how I think of zain by his posts in here...
 freetime2bme
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2009 1:29:28 PM
"I can't wait to have more children."

WoW that would be a big red flag to almost every guy I know. A single mom that can't wait to have more. Sounds like cild support waiting to happen lol. How about waiting to build a lasting relationship before having more kids or just do oto-mom.
 69AnGeLeYeS69
Msg: 254
Posted: 3/16/2009 2:10:48 PM
The whole women with children generally have no goals or vision for what they want out of life and end up living a poor or at best mediocre lifestyle...i personally resent that...im a single mother to be and you know what ive done my college term i have a career to start after the babys born giving me the opportunity to raise my child and still work, i work as it is now and plan on working till the absolute last moment before the babys born, just because there are single moms out there that are in that situation and chose not to change it doesnt mean all single moms are like that. I have a future for me and my children and no man needs to be there to support my way thru ive done fine this far without a man supporting me. but thank you for showing that there are men out there that are narrow minded and have no clue there are some decent mothers.
 beautyfromwithin86
Msg: 257
Posted: 3/21/2009 8:28:19 PM
you had the same reaction i did, as far as the moms on poverty you do what you have to for your child sometimes you must swallow that lump in your throat whats it called oh yea...PRIDE and get over it, and no i dont have alot of money but gee to me money isnt everything and id rather my children not to grow up materialistic as my mom did for me, my children are content playing in a mudhole more so than what new movie or game system is out or something else expensive, i found the person who posted that awful statement, a very rude and heartless person you do not know our circumstances do not judge us on first glance, as for all the other single moms and dads out there we know ultimately whats best for our children and we know they all always come first no matter what
 rlovernyc
Msg: 258
Posted: 3/25/2009 12:30:22 PM
i recently dated a woman with a child

i have to admit, she was great, and sometimes i wished she never had a child cuz we would have made a great couple but im the type that was raise old fashion
husband wife and there children, its was hard for me to accept a kid who wasnt mine and that the constant interaction with the child family (i know it sounds selfish but if u had your own kids this wouldnt be happening)
the constant restriction

supporting & raising someone else child

i guess, im the typical man but i have to say to date a woman with kids its absolutely hard and difficult and i could only imagine how hard it is for them
i do feel sorry but i cant because in life u make decisions and u have to live with it

thats all
 tracimae
Msg: 259
view profile
History
single mothers
Posted: 6/4/2009 7:31:28 PM
I'm a single mom who is educated works hard with a daughter on a full ride academic scholorship and a perfect 4.0. I have worked all my life but have not dated until my daughter became an adult. I realize I'm an exception to the rule but times are changing. I married with my second child and did better when he left. Men I believe are intimidated by single moms who are independent.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >