Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sammysalt
Msg: 4
Offensive body odor from a friend or coworker: How do you tell them?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
There is no nice way of telling people they smell.
No matter how nice you are about it, its going to hurt there feelings.
Have a avon lady tell them, show them products that help them not smell.
No one call tell someone they smell better than someone tring to sell something. They see a sale, and wont take no for answer.
 justjazz
Msg: 7
Offensive body odor from a friend or coworker: How do you tell them?
Posted: 9/23/2005 11:35:02 AM
I have had employees who have had hygiene issues and I have had to approach them about it. It is never comfortable and really depended on our relationship prior to the "he stinks" incidents. Up front is my way with most everything, including bo. I mean wow...unless you have some sort of nasal, sinus dysfunction...you have got to be able to smell that yourself! WHEW...prior to my days of "supervision" we put a bottle of scope, some Right Guard and a bar of Irish Spring in a guys locker with a note..."Use these or we will"

Hee hee...no easy way out on this one...just tell them..."hey goatboy..YOU STINK "
 wonwascallywabbit
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/23/2005 2:58:53 PM
In the past I simply left them a gift of soap or breath freshener in their work area with a short note asking letting them know the problem. As a supervisor in the past I have had to deal with this face to face. If the first kind suggestion isn't heeded a very strong statement of do it or else quickly followed. What you have to realize is this person has no problem offending those around them, so why in turn should you spare their feelings. And yes they invariably know they have a problem they just choose not to do anything about it. Soap and water are still two of the cheapest things to come by.
 Flyers_Phan
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2006 10:34:01 PM
bring them to court and have the PC judge ban them from working near you
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2010 3:42:51 PM
There is a medical condition as well that he may be suffering from so you may end up putting your foot in your mouth!

Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2010 3:27:15 AM
^^

But not too close!
AHAHA!
No ok, I'm just kiddin, I'm just kiddin!

Snicker!
 where4
Msg: 26
Posted: 4/25/2010 4:26:07 AM
-
(@ msg. 35 - that was funny!)
 kasandroid
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/27/2011 12:38:37 PM
Here's what I do, if its real bad, start gagging and retching, swallow back the vomit rising in my throat if others are around, maybe try opening a window, if it's horrible there ain't no holding back........aim for the floor, or garbage can, if it's some evil stinky stranger who has it out for me maybe next time I shall hurl on them, I mean hey maybe it's my turn to ruin someone's day......................and no real friend of mine stinks that bad, just sayin................
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >