Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DragonRider29
Msg: 301
Do children need a father?Page 22 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
As in message 501, any guy can be a father, takes a man to be a daddy.

In some of the other threads here, it is obvious statistically, good male role models seem to be essential in children growing up to be quality adults.
But I also believe, the other way around, they also need good female role models.
To be a little blunt, who your children will choose to associate with as adults will be based on what they knew when they were children. it is what they will be comfortable with etc..
There are also studies that showed this is the case. Girls that are raised with abusive fathers, tend to marry abusive men. Same way with the boys, if they are exposed to less than quality women, they will become involved with less than quality women.
When you are raising a child by yourself, you do have to surround yourself with quality people, people of character and this includes family members!
Your children will adopt the characteristics of the people that they are exposed to, good or bad.

As kind of an example, if your child starts lying, you need to find out where they are learning from, because lying is a learned ability, they learn it from someone, you need to find it and stop it.

The hardest one is if it's a family member, sometimes for the sake of your children, you need to leave your family behind.
Because your child, now it is your family, everyone else is extended family and it needs to be understood that they are expendable for the sake of your child.
Your child's well being is the most important thing!
DR
 NotInnocent
Msg: 303
Do children need a father?
Posted: 6/15/2009 5:20:08 PM
Ya know.. futureshock..

Lots of times.. we don't "chose" to have a baby by ourselves, we don't "chose" to get pregnant and then raise a child by ourselves. Lots of times the man leaves after telling you how you are going to get married and have a wonderful family. Lots of times there are proposals, love and marriages planned. Lots of times the absent parent completely changes their colors after the baby is born.

There are so many scenarios. You can't lump us all together. Lots of the stories are true. We all made some mistakes, but for the most part, most of us are truly doing our best.

I wish you could see that.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 307
Posted: 6/16/2009 4:14:36 PM
I don't think kids need a father - or a mother!

I saw on the discovery channel that if you take a wire mesh cage and put some carpet on it, a baby monkey will cling to it...

Maybe you could do that with human babies too! I should test this theory. I could make the cheapest daycare facilities around!

Muahahahaha
 heterotic
Msg: 309
Posted: 6/18/2009 9:43:23 PM
Why are there no debates about "Do children need a mother?"

This question is ridiculous. If children didn't need a father, women would be asexual and capable of impregnating themselves.
 heterotic
Msg: 310
Posted: 6/19/2009 4:54:05 PM

It is true to say any man can father a child but it takes a good man to be a dad

Yea, and any woman with a uterus and ovaries can get knocked up, but it takes a good, mature woman to be a mother.
 marco47
Msg: 311
Posted: 6/19/2009 5:51:03 PM
anyone can be a father but a man in their childs life is a dad. I strong beleive that all children need their father's in their lives. I have an older that still needs her dad at times and i'm always here for her
 seedtick
Msg: 313
Posted: 6/19/2009 8:45:05 PM
I think kids need a father and a mother too. They may not be living together but they both need to take an active part and show care and concern for the child. A father may not be a biological father but a father, none the less. Little boys need both and little girls do to.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >