Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ricardo_maya
Msg: 16
A Few extra pounds ?? Definition Please ?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
A Few extra pounds ?? Definition Please ?

it always better to find out about these things before hand......but it seems everyone is in a state of weight gain and loss....to what they want to be....

i think its less about the weight and more about the inches....muscle is heavier than fat..after all......

think small...and work into it.....like you say...and then youll get tired of seeing the chub poking out...

the number 1 way to loose weight is to double your water intake...its true.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2005 10:09:29 PM
Why we preoccupy ourselves with how others see themselves is beyond me. I see myself as average, however thick I am.

Blue eyed, I think he is right about Montreal's women. Forgive my lending to sterotype, but I will never forget hiking New Hampshire's Franconia Ridge on a Spectacular day exactly ten years ago Oct. 1 passing I would guess some 2-300 drop dead gorgeous women from Montreal on the Falling Waters Trail. I said bon jour, but then all I could do was smile. It has to be the culture, not every beeautiful Montreal woman could have decided to hike the White Mts. that day. You're beautiful Shore!
 CoffeeCanuck
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/3/2005 11:24:46 PM
........and this exact same discussion is currently going on in the Single Parents forum. It constantly amazes me how people get so caught up in labels and what others think of them. We all have different perspectives on what is 'average'. As long as a person has a current pic or offers one up to someone they have connected with, who cares.....does it really matter?

It's a wonder people even want to post pics on these dating sites the way they are criticized and held up to public scrutiny and OMG, heaven forbid that a 'BBW' should ever think of herself as attractive! *gasp*
 CoffeeCanuck
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/3/2005 11:54:35 PM

Listen women here are all gorgeous !! The "ugly" girl who never goes on dates would be a BOMB somewhere like in Wondsor Ontario..

One thing about forums and message boards is that we reveal who we are, how we think, what is important, how deep and how shallow we truly are.
 sammysalt
Msg: 27
Posted: 10/4/2005 8:17:43 AM
My pictures are up to date. What am I sopost to put as big as a house? I don't look big, and I don't look small.
 techgirl27
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2005 8:35:32 AM
it means being able to carry your weight well. Its not down to a number. Its down to how the person feels about themself, based on the clothes they wear and everything else. Why does anyone care anyway??? Is someone who fits that description somehow less of a person? True love is blind anyway, esp to these kinds of things. Give it up!
 CoffeeCanuck
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/4/2005 4:29:20 PM
halokitty, you are so right. As I like to say, there are many men and especially woman who are very beautiful on the outside but the person who they really are makes them ugly to the core.
 CoffeeCanuck
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/4/2005 11:42:01 PM
sharpnmild, you just made me laugh out loud when I read this...

Come on it is so SIMPLE!!! A FEW EXTRA POUNDS is 3 - 5 lbs extra... so any one who is more than 5 lbs is heavy , overweight or fat or however you want to describe it.

You are wrong, but I havent laughed in a couple days, so thank you!
 CoffeeCanuck
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/5/2005 12:28:21 AM
Gotta say you have an awsome attitude halo, keep it up and dont let anyone bring you down. Unfortunately it took me years to accept myself, so I tip my hat to ya!
 bluedew
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/6/2006 3:25:45 PM
My profile reads like a book, cleared it up there. Went by what my Dr. said, ok.
 glastronmtdew
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2016 12:04:23 PM
A Few is defined as “2 or 3 - Not many hardly any” Exp. I am going to stop with friends for a few drinks…Does not mean 15 – 20!
 cassie2425
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/29/2016 1:22:09 PM
It's kind of like "average" and "athletic". For example ^^^^ you don't look "athletic" , you look average. When I think of "athletic" I think of sex pack abs, works out at the gym, etc. and you look like a shortish, grey haired dude of average build.

Hell, even "average" is "a few extra pounds" more than "thin".

Contact those you find attractive. I worried about what I looked like in a bikini when I was in my 20s and 30s and some guy with balding or grey hair with half the muscle tone he had when he was 40 and has slowed down too is NOT going to waste a second of my time doing the "you're actually a few more than a few more over". So maybe have a "few more" drinks and lighten the hell up. Even you ^^^ will be attractive to some, not all.
 kj521
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/29/2016 2:52:38 PM
Lmao Ms. Cassie! I have never heard of "sex pack abs"

Despite my curiosity....I'm thinking it probably wouldn't be a good idea to inquire about them at my upcoming personal training session. :/
 cassie2425
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/29/2016 5:00:33 PM
Don't you like guys with sex pack abs KJ??? Think beer. I'll explain...I like my guys with a little bit of a tummy, not a huge one, not a medium one..just a little one. A big tummy is not six pack abs, that is a full keg. I don't fancy the skinny, bony guys. I like a little meat. Some guys have six pack abs but they work out all the time...how boring. I like my guy to have a little keg or as we up here call it "a little kegger covering up his sex pack abs".

I like my guys to be in their 50s or 60s and come with wisdom, character, humour, experience...and a kegger coving up his sex pack abs. And he better know his way around a BBQ grill. Is that too much to ask??
 gtomustang
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/29/2016 5:10:51 PM
what's that sound I just heard? oh yeah, its some older dudes who just raised their...hopes.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 70
Posted: 3/29/2016 9:09:23 PM
Nah man after you've had a guy with a military body, can't get excited about pounds.
 cotter
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2016 12:37:49 PM

Means they're allowed to have a pot belly ... they can no longer see their feet (or their dyck for that matter) and you're expected to look pretty much like "Barbie".

If you have a few extra pounds ... they expect them to be on your chest!
 Coma_White
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2016 2:49:34 PM
For online dating, average means fat, and a few extra pounds means obese.
 gtomustang
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/4/2016 6:42:18 PM
"nah man, after you've had a guy with a military body, can't get excited about pounds"

>>so what about us guys who've never wanted a man with a military body? :)

there's an old joke, 10 pounds of fat is hot if there's a nipple on top of it. Like incest...its all relative.
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2016 11:44:45 PM
I was considered "obese" when I did my Basic Parachutist Course in 2001.
I was 165 lbs and I'm only 5'4".
According to BMI charts, I was obese.

Now at 210 lbs, I'm steering more tonnage than a U-boat captain.
However, I can mix cement by hand, scrub floors on my hands and knees for hours,
do heavy cleaning for up to 12 hours a day, help to lift appliances and such.
If something heavy needs to be moved, I'm the one that can do it.

I may not like how my photos turn out, but being physically strong makes my life easier and I can help others when they need it.
My profile is BBW "Brazen, Brawny Worker."

I can't say I'm "big" because most 12 year-olds tower over me. (And now all of my 15 nieces and nephews are taller than me..." Le sigh.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2016 10:12:46 AM

I was considered "obese" when I did my Basic Parachutist Course in 2001.
I was 165 lbs and I'm only 5'4".
According to BMI charts, I was obese.

According to the BMI charts at NIH, you would be overweight not obese at that weight.
=======================================================
I think what is average is a good question?

I put down average, because I am exactly average weight for the USA. Which is a BMI of 27.9 I am BMI 27.5, which is 15 lbs over normal weight.

So I have to lose 15 lbs to be "normal weight", but I think I looked ideal at 135, which would be 25 lbs less.

Average weight is subjective. It would make more sense if profiles just asked you to put down your actual weight, but that would be very unpopular.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 76
Posted: 4/8/2016 6:51:07 PM
Weight, height, IQ questions seem to me to be our attempt to get a pre-promise that everything's going to turn out hunky-dory. Over my ten plus years here, my weight has been listed as "average to a few extra pounds"--my actual weight has varied by a 100 pounds up/down. When I was nearer the top side, I've asked fellows if they felt I should have put down: BBW? To a man, the answer was NO! Nor has raw weight (pounds in numbers) ever been an indicator of how well the romance side functioned. For at least four of them, I've been a good deal lighter than their last successful relationship. For many more than that, pre-POF, that has also been true. But it's also been a fact that for a goodly number that I was the exception, on the pounds upside, of their lives.

I think we simply like what works. . . . e.g., I never much was attracted to skinny guys with sandy hair and freckles. Then I met one who was a force of life, we had several very good years, and now I add the type to what I automatically respond positively to. Same goes for short Italian poets with long hair, chubby redheaded harpsichordists, tall Chinese basketball players, and disabled coalminers. . . .

Take a chance, peeps, you might be surprised, lol!
 oj126
Msg: 77
Posted: 4/14/2016 4:40:29 PM
Sure take a chance. Only after careful examination of a full body shot.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >