Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dragonbytes
Msg: 75
view profile
History
A Few extra pounds ?? Definition Please ?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

I was considered "obese" when I did my Basic Parachutist Course in 2001.
I was 165 lbs and I'm only 5'4".
According to BMI charts, I was obese.

According to the BMI charts at NIH, you would be overweight not obese at that weight.
=======================================================
I think what is average is a good question?

I put down average, because I am exactly average weight for the USA. Which is a BMI of 27.9 I am BMI 27.5, which is 15 lbs over normal weight.

So I have to lose 15 lbs to be "normal weight", but I think I looked ideal at 135, which would be 25 lbs less.

Average weight is subjective. It would make more sense if profiles just asked you to put down your actual weight, but that would be very unpopular.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 76
A Few extra pounds ?? Definition Please ?
Posted: 4/8/2016 6:51:07 PM
Weight, height, IQ questions seem to me to be our attempt to get a pre-promise that everything's going to turn out hunky-dory. Over my ten plus years here, my weight has been listed as "average to a few extra pounds"--my actual weight has varied by a 100 pounds up/down. When I was nearer the top side, I've asked fellows if they felt I should have put down: BBW? To a man, the answer was NO! Nor has raw weight (pounds in numbers) ever been an indicator of how well the romance side functioned. For at least four of them, I've been a good deal lighter than their last successful relationship. For many more than that, pre-POF, that has also been true. But it's also been a fact that for a goodly number that I was the exception, on the pounds upside, of their lives.

I think we simply like what works. . . . e.g., I never much was attracted to skinny guys with sandy hair and freckles. Then I met one who was a force of life, we had several very good years, and now I add the type to what I automatically respond positively to. Same goes for short Italian poets with long hair, chubby redheaded harpsichordists, tall Chinese basketball players, and disabled coalminers. . . .

Take a chance, peeps, you might be surprised, lol!
 oj126
Msg: 77
A Few extra pounds ?? Definition Please ?
Posted: 4/14/2016 4:40:29 PM
Sure take a chance. Only after careful examination of a full body shot.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >