Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jktor
Msg: 39
Why cant i find a man willing to commitPage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
of course no one was there in the spring...we all head to south carolina to play..lol we practice all winter. i can give you a listing of classes ... mixed men and women.
theres also the LCBO wine tasting courses, scotch nights..etc. all full of men

the central thing here is you have to actually back away from the computer and get out in the real world. lol

i know who knew?

jake
 jktor
Msg: 42
Why cant i find a man willing to commit
Posted: 9/28/2005 6:39:41 PM
hey i'm just adding my 2 cents..its not my fault i happen to have outside interests other than how much ram my computer can hold

jake
 slipery
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/28/2005 8:37:59 PM
you found one you are right if your dating a guy or girl who is sleeping with someone else dump them this is wrong for any relationship to work
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2006 12:28:50 PM
<-- been committed, jacket was too tight!

which is why I'm single right now, and just looking for friends. I don't agree with sleeping with more than one at a time, especially after the relationship has developed over a couple of months. I don't sleep around, it complicates things too much.

ps - does anyone realize this is an old thread? Good one to revive tho.
 MacGregrrrr
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2006 3:54:53 PM
Funny how some threads "never die" ...
Anyway, had to add my $0.02 in response to this:

"problem is the guys are 40's ..sucessful now because they poured themselves back into work and guess who reaps the benefits? thats right the 26 yr receptionist who dated all the wrong guys off the sites and finally took notice of " that really nice guy" in the office."

oh, puh-leeze!

the great majority - and note i did NOT say all - of those guys in their 40s are going after the 26 year old receptionist and NOT women in their own age range.

the ones who've "poured themselves into work" feel they deserve that as their "reward".

so they overlook the women with the wrinkles and the grey hair and the extra pounds in favour of the Barbie dolls. and you see THAT all the time on these dating sites! ...

I do concede that you emphasized "... not all ... guys in their 40s ..."
However, just to set the record straight: The young ladies who pursue me have often remarked that "guys their age are so immature" ... (their words, not mine).
And, IMHO, younger women often seem to be less bitter ...
 a-true-man
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/8/2006 4:11:13 PM
i will tell you this i am only looking for one good woman
 Firmbear8
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/8/2006 4:42:51 PM
Well as far as I know or any other person can say how could someone think of even dating someone who's afraid to post their pic up !!LOL
Look you can not get someone to commit to a relationship if your not willing to be the real you and yeah if your a shamed of how you look then sure it will be hard to find someone .
So first off. Bloody well smile right now. Okay head off to the bed room and look in the bloody mirror and have a good look at your self . Well do you like who you see ??
Okay so you look pretty good . So get your self a picture of you and post it up in your profie . Now everyone who's interested in what your profile has in it can also see the lovely person whom this profile is about . And then you'll probbly start getting emails from alot of people who feel your their type of a match . And I bet maybe one or two of them would be more then willing to commit to a relationship .
I could be wrong but 99.9% would say I am right .
 Leeanne
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2006 9:50:40 PM
It's 'cause they have c*cks for brains!!! OH come on tell me ya don't !!!!!
 Firmbear8
Msg: 75
Posted: 8/6/2006 4:01:37 PM
Well all I know is you can't find someone willing to commit to a relationship if you are not ready to commit to one your self !!
So if the guy is seeing others then what are you doing ?? Maybe you said to him that you just want to be friends right now ! So if your not willing to commit then why does he have too refrain from seeing others ?? And if they decide they want sex with him then why are you so uptight ??
Look if you expect someone to commit to you then you have too be straight up front about your feelings and intentions with anyone you meet . So if its just friends your gonna tell every person you meet then that does not say your commiting !And so they can date others and you should not be worrying what he does if your not looking for comitment !
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2006 6:37:41 AM
Ohhhh i wouldn't say it's easier for women than it is for men. I think it depends on each individual situation. I will say that i agree as we all get more mature we fall for a person much less easily. We think more with our brains than with our hearts. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but it does cause us to NOT overlook certain incompatabilities that we would have shrugged off when we were younger.

There are a lot of players out there, both male and female. Unfortunately it takes awhile to go through a lot of dates and people before you meet someone that you feel you can commit with.
 Firmbear8
Msg: 80
Posted: 8/8/2006 7:41:32 AM
Well lets see here . I know that over my years I have been very picky on not just who I would date but where she was from.
Yes I was always looking for a commitment but over the years could not find it!
Yep when I was in my twenty's most women only wanted a funtime and any lady with kids no matter how sexy she was I would say sorry no way.
As I got older in my 30's I was still very picky if she had kids or if she had more then one .Or if she did not have a full time job I would have said sorry nope. Then when I got into the 40's I was still looking for that real committment but seems every lady I met was just out for a fun time or just someone different short term still. Now I am 50 and yes still seeking that long term committment .Sure I still see all the women talking committment but also see alot still wanting the short term fun only ! So don't any lady say theres no guys seeking committment as alot of us are but we are tired of all the short term crap and we are gonna be picky .And yes thats why my profile says what it does . Its plain simple & straight up with any lady whom should read it .
But none want a guy like that !They only want to say they do
 E.Kyro
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2006 7:50:46 AM
An article in the New York Times made some good points I think as to why men and women are not getting together as much in today's society. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/06/us/06marry.html?pagewanted=1&ei=5087%0A&en=e1f2cc63db53b933&ex=1155182400
 bluedew
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/9/2006 10:51:27 PM
Torture, the more we make you wait the longer you'll stick it out with us and then we know your not just messing around!
 five-one-nine
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2006 7:16:33 AM
not all of us are platers where ar some who are looking for a comited relationship
 JackBNimble
Msg: 94
Posted: 11/15/2006 9:42:11 AM
Ok Ladies .. you got Firmbear and Honshu ... and I'm sure , many many others .. wanting a commited relationship ... now what ? ... it's in your hands now . You got two sure bets up there ! hey guys ... let us know how many hits you get ... see if these gals mean business .. lol
 apollo1313
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2006 11:22:22 PM
Men can woman can not. I am a single dad with two kids a girl 4 and a boy 7 my wife left me for another man and then gave the kids to me full time. What is wrong with woman today. Why can they not stay with one man. I have just had xmas with just me and the two kids I can not find a woman that will date a man with kids full time. Man will or I will why can not woman.
 Diggy03
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2007 1:26:35 PM
Who cares why we can or cannot find an individual to share life with regardless if we have children or not. Or why certain people can't commit to certain people...

I say for each person who is not interested or even willing to jump in head first... who is afraid of the unknown or whatever... that is one more person who is missing out on knowing me.

Umm.. try not to sweat the small stuff.... life happens in the most unexpected amazing ways!!!
 matisse808
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2007 1:27:46 AM
I'm wondering if, during these 4 or 5 months, you are seeing each other regularly or just off and on. Because if you were seeing each other regularly for that long, you must have had ample opportunities to make your attitude about this subject known. Especially if you've been intimate. It's possible, if you were just seeing them off and on, that to them you were just a "booty call." It is tough for women these days, because there are a lot of women out there who demonstrate (and therefore "normalize") sluttish behaviour. Men have to read the signals you put out, so do have a care in what those signals are.

For example, it strikes me, that if your values are more traditional than not, perhaps you should think of a different name. "She Devil" sort of gives the impression that sex is more important to you than making a serious relationship with someone.

just trying to help
 Inego Montoya
Msg: 104
Posted: 9/29/2009 10:41:17 PM
Can't help you there. I'm monogomous. Only one woman at a time. Why can't they commit? Usually it's a trust issue. Either they feel you can't be trusted or they know they can't be trusted
 wayne.martin
Msg: 106
Posted: 10/11/2009 10:12:10 AM
l would love to commit to any woman with or without kids so if you want a commited from me plz reply back and see where it goes
 northern705gu
Msg: 107
Posted: 10/30/2009 5:20:24 PM
Your not looking in the right place. Try asking a 'nice guy' out when one messages you.
I'm a nice guy and willing to commit to the right woman, if she can commit. Sharing common interests and developing a good friendship is a good start to a committed relationship. good luck www.plentyofchickenshere.com
 zzzI4u
Msg: 109
Posted: 3/27/2013 4:19:38 PM
Give me reason to commit and I will be happy to do that
 bullfrog12
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2013 1:36:31 PM
Once bitten ,twice shy!
 TryAgan
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2013 11:28:25 PM
I presume the OP presented her question for a specific reason specifically on the Ontario group.
If this question is aimed squarely at the Ontario men, I would think it has something to do with the damp winters near Lake Ontario. Instead of committing for a full year to an Ontario resident, some men leave in the late fall for Florida or Mexico, and return only in the spring along with the tundra swans. If you want to catch them on their return journey, the Fort Erie or Windsor crossings would be ideal for interception. For the tundra swans, Long Point or Point Peelee would work much better.
 GentlemanOnlyPlease
Msg: 113
Posted: 4/20/2013 11:52:08 PM
yep i agree the ontario men pffft the majority of them need to be committed!! it's a shame especially for the older generation they don't seem to know what they want. Im not speaking of the snowbirds just the scardycats lol
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >